Do The Maple Leafs Still Suck?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
this a test thread.

of course they don't suck. they're the bestest. even though they traded Darryl Sittler and Lanny McDonald. didn't bother me at all.

re:

Hi there I am a newbie here and can hardly wait to start a thread if I can figure out how to. Laneagan

Welcome to Canadian Content.

1) start with the main forum page:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/

2) scroll down the page to whatever sub-forum you figure your topic might belong in (news, politics, sports etc) and click that sub-forum.
e.g. Sports

Sports Forum | Free Online Discussion Forums

3) near the top right corner of the page you'll see the buttons for 'post thread', 'search forum'. click 'post thread' and you'd be here:

Canadian Content Forums -

place a title for your thread at the top, then begin your post below and submit. voilà.

Hope that helps some.

re:

Hi there I am a newbie here and can hardly wait to start a thread if I can figure out how to. Laneagan

Welcome to Canadian Content.

1) start with the main forum page:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/

2) scroll down the page to whatever sub-forum you figure your topic might belong in (news, politics, sports etc) and click that sub-forum.
e.g. Sports

Sports Forum | Free Online Discussion Forums

3) near the top right corner of the page you'll see the buttons for 'post thread', 'search forum'. click 'post thread' and you'd be here:

place a title for your thread at the top, then begin your post below and submit. voilà.

Hope that helps some.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
When i moved to BC i tried to switch my support to the Canucks. But i couldn't do it. I still love the Leafs name, colours, the insignia, its characters. They're kind of like the Chicago Cubs.. who last won a World Series in 1908, but have a rabid fan base. Well the Leafs haven't tasted champagne from the Cup since 1967.. but i guess i'm prepared to follow them even if they don't do so again in my life time.

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
When i moved to BC i tried to switch my support to the Canucks. But i couldn't do it. I still love the Leafs name, colours, the insignia, its characters They're kind of the Chicago Cubs.. who last won a World Series in 1908, but have a rabid fan base. Well the Leaf's haven't tasted champagne from the Cup since 1967.. but i guess i'm prepared to follow them if they don't do so again in my life time.

I'm a sentimental fan.

The little Johnny Bower is yours truly:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Of course they suck. They suck for two main reasons. First, they are just a bad team that will either end up out of the playoffs or shoot themselves in the foot if they do make it. If they were from any other city they would suck as a team. The second reason is that there from Toronto and Toronto is just a **** hole. Since everything in Toronto sucks, even if they were the greatest team in the history of hockey, they would still suck

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Toronto November 1966.

Just months before their final Stanley Cup.............

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
They sell out each game
Worth well over the 1 billion mark.

Toronto Maple Leafs, worth $1.15B, the only NHL team on Forbes list of most valuable sports franchises | National Post

The Maple Leafs are the only NHL team on Forbes’s list of the 50 most valuable franchises in sports, checking in at No. 26.

According to Forbes, the Leafs are worth US$1.15 billion and have been the most valuable NHL team since 2005 despite making just one playoff appearance in that time.

When Ballard used to be hospitalized, their stock increased.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They sell out each game
Worth well over the 1 billion mark.

Toronto Maple Leafs, worth $1.15B, the only NHL team on Forbes list of most valuable sports franchises | National Post

The Maple Leafs are the only NHL team on Forbes’s list of the 50 most valuable franchises in sports, checking in at No. 26.

According to Forbes, the Leafs are worth US$1.15 billion and have been the most valuable NHL team since 2005 despite making just one playoff appearance in that time.

When Ballard used to be hospitalized, their stock increased.

And that's relevant because....

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Don't take it personal, it is just business.

I don't take anything you post personally...or seriously for that matter. I was just wondering if you might be drunk again tonight as you quoted me and then proceded to prattle on about things unrelated to my comments.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I don't take anything you post personally...or seriously for that matter. I was just wondering if you might be drunk again tonight as you quoted me and then proceded to prattle on about things unrelated to my comments.

I gave you some insight.

Oh yes.
And then we have this, Slim.

They love to pick fights
Every now and again a highly miserable person will pick a fight out of the blue with someone close to them. They usually pick a fight about something absurd and completely unrelated to their current situation. Secondly, they’ll expect that person to respond with kindness and sympathy and if they don’t, they’ll be quick to point it out. If however the other party mentions it again, they’ll be sure to make it seem as if they don’t know what they are talking about and that they never intended for the situation to occur. They’ll quickly act to be hurt and be the victim, even though they started the fight.

They are critical of everything
Nothing is good enough, nothing works and nothing makes a highly miserable person happy. They will be critical of everything whether people agree with them or not. Miserable people will always voice their opinion before everyone else. They will criticize something that someone loves just to make sure their point is heard. They love to antagonize and truly believe they are always right while everyone else is always wrong.

All you can do is set an example. I'm everything the list is not. I'm one of those annoyingly positive people. I do think it rubs off on people. Not sure if you know much about vicious and virtuous circles but I like to think my presence if one or two organizations has turned them around. When I first joined the local fire department, we had no money, no members, crappy equipment and little if any training. Members would go to meetings and complain non stop. The chairs in our meeting area were rescued from the land fill. All I really brought to the table was an abundance attitude. I had no experience as a firefighter. The fire chief at the time was everything on the list. There were enough members that were able to see that the only thing standing in our way was ourselves. More and more members started to think positive and the old chief finally quit. His anger that things weren't being done his way trumped any appreciation he had for the improving department.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I gave you some insight.

Of course you didn't. While I believe you think announcing to everybody here that the Leaves are a great money making venture is in someway "insightful", I can assure you that pretty much everybody here already knew that.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Where did I quote ya Slim.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
On behalf of the Leafs I salute Leafs fans.

Leaf fans are very, very special.

No other major sports teams can have such a dismal record yet reach magical highs in revenue.

I personally witnessed a very sad event this fall when I observed 2 kids aged 5-8 walking with their Mother sporting Maple Leaf sweaters. I wish I had of been in a position to talk to her and explain that bringing them up to be Leaf fans is tantamount to a form of abuse.

I saw this shirt the other day and was thinking of buying it for someone who I know was not here in 1967 but because of a misguided childhood, became a Leaf supporter........

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Because no matter how much other teams (like the Cannucks) win, they are still much more worthless to the Toronto Maple Leafs. If net worth won cups, Toronto would be loaded.

Unfortunately for the Leaves and their fans, net worth is meaningless on the ice and is only really beneficial to the owners of the team. The Leaves suck and Toronto sucks. That's all you really need to know.