Golf Chat

Cannuck
Figured I would start a thread about golf. Just golfed Harbour Golf Course in Elbow Saskatistan. Shot an 80 which I was happy with considering there are lots of blind shots which make it tough the first time around. I'm here for the week and plan to play it again. I haven't played a lot in Saskatchewan but if this course is any indication, I'll definitely be playing more. Me favorite course in Alberta is Goose Hummock (north of Edmonton) and my favorite in BC is Grey Wolf in Panorama

petros
I like Riverbreaks.

Kreskin
Good round. I don't play much but when I do it's at Storey Creek in Campbell River. It's a gorgeous course.

talloola
my husband is golfing as we speak, the windup for tuesday night men's, dinner and all, maybe he will bring
a prize home.

he and i golfed almost everyday for quite a few years, then i just got tired of it, i don't go any more,
i have my two choc. labs to keep me busy, and the yard, cause i love playing in the dirt, so they will
have to try to get by without me. lol

its a great game, my grandson is a pro golfer on the canadian tour, and also some rounds on the web.com,
he didn't have such a great year this year, but thats the nature of that game, very humbling,
but he is very tALented, And will rebound next season, he's only 23, lots of time, its that patience
thing, takes a long time to live in the moment in golf, and not look down the road at what is ahead.

Cannuck
I'm pretty close to Riverbreaks. Might have to check it out on the way home

Colpy
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
"Golf is a good walk.........spoiled."

attributed to Mark Twain

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

"Golf is a good walk.........spoiled."

attributed to Mark Twain

my response to that phrase is -

'if one is going for a boring walk, bring a golf club and do something along the way.'

Colpy
It was invented by Scots, the most insane of all the insane peoples of the world.

Robin Willims - Golf full version - YouTube

BTW, my great something old grand something on my mother's side who emigrated here in the late 18th century was William Wallace Caldwell. Might explain a lot.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

I'm pretty close to Riverbreaks. Might have to check it out on the way home

You won't regret it unless you don't get a cart.

Kreskin
I once shot a 57 on Bethpage and 59 on St Andrews.

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - Golfer Profile (external - login to view)

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - Play Famous Golf Courses (external - login to view)

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I once shot a 57 on Bethpage and 59 on St Andrews.

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - Golfer Profile (external - login to view)

World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - Play Famous Golf Courses (external - login to view)

I usually play during the winter but nothing compares to the real thing

Kreskin

You play the WGT game?

Cannuck

Yup. It's been a while though. I don't spend a lot of time online during the summer and I renovated two houses last winter so I think it was the winter of 12/13 since I spent much time there

Kreskin

Yup. It's been a while though. I don't spend a lot of time online during the summer and I renovated two houses last winter so I think it was the winter of 12/13 since I spent much time there

One of these days we should have a game. I don't take it too seriously these days. I only use starter balls. Got tired of it feeling like a slot machine.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I like Riverbreaks.

Can't get on today. Heading home tomorrow

spaminator
+1

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

my response to that phrase is -

'if one is going for a boring walk, bring a golf club and do something along the way.'

Or a fishing rod and do something interesting half way.

Blackleaf
+1

DOMINANT EUROPE RETAIN THE RYDER CUP AFTER TAKING AN UNASSAILABLE LEAD AGAINST US

SCORE IS CURRENTLY EUROPE
14-9 United States (Europe needed 14 points, US 14)

WELSHMAN JAMIE DONALDSON SECURES THE POINT THAT RETAINS THE RYDER CUP FOR EUROPE

spaminator

Cannuck
I was going to watch it after I was done my round BL. You should post a spoiler alert damn it!!!!

Kreskin
+1
There will be quite a celebration for the Europeans once they get home to Florida.

Blackleaf

I was going to watch it after I was done my round BL. You should post a spoiler alert damn it!!!!

It's only golf. Don't worry about it.

Just tune into Match of the Day 2 tonight and you can watch highlights of today's Premier League match between West Bromwich Albion and Burnley, two of the founder member of the Football League.

BBC One - Match of the Day 2, 2014/15, 28/09/2014 (external - login to view)

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It's only golf. Don't worry about it.

Just tune into Match of the Day 2 tonight and you can watch highlights of today's Premier League match between West Bromwich Albion and Burnley, two of the founder member of the Football League.

BBC One - Match of the Day 2, 2014/15, 28/09/2014 (external - login to view)

It's not that simple BL, sports is his opiate.

CDNBear
+1

Lolz

It's actually not that funny. They actually have therapy for people with your condition. You should probably look into it.

Seriously.

CDNBear

Lolz

I didn't realize your addiction was this bad.

I get the league sports, with your uniform fetish and all. Golf I didn't peg you for. You seem more of a barbaric kind of junky.

CDNBear
+1

Lolz

Hmmm, interesting. I would have thought for sure you would have something more intelligent to say.

I mean you've been very vocal about uniform fetishes and addictions, in the past. In fact, one could say you've been down right derogatory about them when you perceive them.

So you have no excuses, explanations, nothing?

Just "Lolz"?

Well, at least you didn't make the embarrassing error of trying to deny your issues. I guess that can be seen as a good start.

SLM
+1

Lolz

Lolz

Lolz

Approaching the 24 hour mark.

Most 5 year olds would tire of the childishness by now.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Approaching the 24 hour mark.

Most 5 year olds would tire of the childishness by now.

But he's making a point, SLM, a POINT!!!

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

But he's making a point, SLM, a POINT!!!

A point???? What point? That he's a nutbar of Avro proportions???

Next thing you know he'll be calling himself Crapballs and posting his cell number to "call people out".

What a loser!

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

A point???? What point? That he's a nutbar of Avro proportions???

Next thing you know he'll be calling himself Crapballs and posting his cell number to "call people out".

What a loser!

I blame his dependence on sports to fill the gaps in his soul.