Riders 2014

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Season opener withe the Red Blacks/Rouge Noirs as the Home team.

RBs are first on the board 7-0 in the fist quarter.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Thanks for this, petros. I am house-sitting right now and the folks here don't have a TV so I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I did check with the Riderville site and read about that fab kick return. Good start for our guys........let's hope they can keep it up.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The RedBlacks are a stupid name. It's almost as bad as calling them the Rough Riders when there was already a Roughriders in the same leage.

Doesn't really matter. They will disband probably before the end of the season. This is Ottawa.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
7-0 for the Riders over Arrrghos in the first 2 mins after a Brackenridge interception on Ray's first pass of the game. Durant's first rushing TD for 2014.

14-0 Riders after sacking Ray and stripping the ball for another turn over and TD.

14-6 at the end of the first.

21-6 with 2:07 left in the second.

Gees...28-6 with 1:39 remining in the second. Third TD for Ford.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Shoot, just had another interception on RR wiped out due to a pass interference penalty............oh but then we sacked RR. Looks like, unless we score on this drive we will go into the half up 21 to 6................oh wait ..........uh make that 28 to 6. Great run by #82. And our latest acquisitions Will Ford seems to be living up to his rep. Our D is doing a good job of containing Ricky for the most part....one more sack and we will be tied for top spot in that category. Go defence.

OMG........another interception by the good guys! And things just go from bad to worse as they tack on an unnecessary roughness penalty on TO. Milo misses from the 41.

Half-time. So far, so good petros.........looks like the bye might have done the team some good. Holy smoke, did you get those double penalties that TO just took before the half..........Scott is so not going to be happy.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
7-0 for the Riders over Arrrghos in the first 2 mins after a Brackenridge interception on Ray's first pass of the game. Durant's first rushing TD for 2014.

14-0 Riders after sacking Ray and stripping the ball for another turn over and TD.

14-6 at the end of the first.

21-6 with 2:07 left in the second.

Gees...28-6 with 1:39 remining in the second. Third TD for Ford.

I am really not used to the Riders being ahead at the half by this much.........I am much more used to the second half heroes that they so often have been. Unless Milanovich comes up with some spectacular call playing and we can hold steady, we just might put another win on the board. Go Green and White!

Will Ford.... Just what we needed.

So what is happening with Allen? Is he benched cause he fumbles too much? Been so busy I am really not up on the team.

Oh and what about Swain........I thought he was looking pretty good?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I am really not used to the Riders being ahead at the half by this much.........I am much more used to the second half heroes that they so often have been. Unless Milanovich comes up with some spectacular call playing and we can hold steady, we just might put another win on the board. Go Green and White!

So far so good. S&S are at the game. They tried to call but I couldn't hear a damn thing. The 13th man is full of beer and loud as hell tonight.