Why Quebec athletes are leading the way for Canada at Sochi Games

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec

He brilliantly negotiated the Olympic mogul course on the way to a gold medal, and then freestyle skier Alexandre Bilodeau cut some deft turns on far less familiar ground.

When a reporter from Britain pointed out that were Quebec a country, it would be second in the medal count, Mr. Bilodeau swerved around the sovereignty debate. “We’re both proud to be Quebeckers,” he said pointing to silver medalist and fellow Quebec native Mikaël Kingsbury. “But we’re very proud to be Canadians … yes, we do a lot of good things in Quebec but there are great things all across Canada.”
Why Quebec athletes are leading the way for Canada at Sochi Games - The Globe and Mail

Just to show you, Quebecers can also be proud of being Canadian!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

He brilliantly negotiated the Olympic mogul course on the way to a gold medal, and then freestyle skier Alexandre Bilodeau cut some deft turns on far less familiar ground.

When a reporter from Britain pointed out that were Quebec a country, it would be second in the medal count, Mr. Bilodeau swerved around the sovereignty debate. “We’re both proud to be Quebeckers,” he said pointing to silver medalist and fellow Quebec native Mikaël Kingsbury. “But we’re very proud to be Canadians … yes, we do a lot of good things in Quebec but there are great things all across Canada.”
Why Quebec athletes are leading the way for Canada at Sochi Games - The Globe and Mail

Just to show you, Quebecers can also be proud of being Canadian!

Great post Bart..........Alexandre has so much class and a true love for our country. Thrilled to see him put in such great performances building on each run and saving the best for last. Loved watching him sing our anthem as he watched our flags rise at the Medal ceremony. The Dufour-Lapointe sisters are also great ambassadors for their province and our country. There are many more I could name as Quebec has no shortage of wonderful champions and I thank them all for representing our country with such aplomb and grace. Vive la belle province! Go, Canada Go! :canada:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Great post Bart..........Alexandre has so much class and a true love for our country. Thrilled to see him put in such great performances building on each run and saving the best for last. Loved watching him sing our anthem as he watched our flags rise at the Medal ceremony. The Dufour-Lapointe sisters are also great ambassadors for their province and our country. There are many more I could name as Quebec has no shortage of wonderful champions and I thank them all for representing our country with such aplomb and grace. Vive la belle province! Go, Canada Go! :canada:
Yeah , those sisters are babes :shock:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yeah , those sisters are babes :shock:

I watched an interview that Ron McLean did with them and they are also very articulate, focused and extremely supportive of each other. What wonderful role models they make for young Canadian girls.