How about that NFL game

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Seahawks and 49ers, an epic NFC championship game. Hawks win 23 - 17.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It looked like the 49ers were going to make a comeback. For the 1st half and after they fell behind 17-10 it looked a bit scary for the Seahawks as well.

That Seattle defense is amazing. A bit cocky however. I am glad the 49ers lost though. Too much talk about how they are the best in the league when they didn't even win their division.

Should be an interesting matchup #1 Offence (Denver) against #1 defense (Seattle). As with all those types of matchups it will likely be the Seattle Offence against the Denver defense which will decide it.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
When it was 10-0 San Fran I thought Seattle was at the end of the noose. They got some lucky calls in that game.

Kaepernick is a force. I didn't think they would ever get a handle on his running.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That crazy touchdown Seattle got came out of nowhere. I think they were about 3rd and 30 from their own end. 2 plays later they were in the end zone.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
When it was 10-0 San Fran I thought Seattle was at the end of the noose. They got some lucky calls in that game.

Kaepernick is a force. I didn't think they would ever get a handle on his running.

The 12th man was a big factor in a couple of Seattle's late season wins.

By the way, for those who may not be familiar with the original 12th man - here is the story (one of my all time faves):

The 12th Man at Texas A&M

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I was concerned but they have had strong second halves this season and won games they should have lost. I still remember the Houston game that probably toasted the Texans' season where Seattle completely sucked in the 1st half and stormed back and won (with their defense) in the 2nd half.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I was concerned but they have had strong second halves this season and won games they should have lost. I still remember the Houston game that probably toasted the Texans' season where Seattle completely sucked in the 1st half and stormed back and won (with their defense) in the 2nd half.
True, my concern was that San Fran seemed to do much the same this year. Pretty tough team to beat at the best of times.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I thought he was over the top, but over the top because he was in the moment. However a day later he was still at it. He better save his energy for Manning because he'll need it.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It will be interesting to see how Manning does against arguably the best D-Back corps in the NFL and the "possible" bitter NE weather.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It will be interesting to see how Manning does against arguably the best D-Back corps in the NFL and the "possible" bitter NE weather.

Historically, off all previous meetings where #1 offence means #1 rated defence, only the 1989 SF 49ers (with Joe Montana) over the Denver Broncos prevailed. In all other cases the defence won. I think they will slow Denver down considerably. Question is will it be enough? The Seattle offence is opportunistic but not really built for a lot of points.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Historically, off all previous meetings where #1 offence means #1 rated defence, only the 1989 SF 49ers (with Joe Montana) over the Denver Broncos prevailed. In all other cases the defence won. I think they will slow Denver down considerably. Question is will it be enough? The Seattle offence is opportunistic but not really built for a lot of points.

And Peyton is on the same level as a Montana.

I wonder what the strategies will be.

Not just that... I wonder what the weather will be. I am hoping for a bitter nasty day.