Lance Armstrong-Guilty as Charged

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
He always made me sick with his righteous lying Bee Ess and now his chickens have come home to sh!t all over his mantlepiece.What colour wristband for being a lying cheating asshole?

USADA to strip Lance Armstrong of Tour titles, ban him for life

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said Thursday night it will strip Lance Armstrong of his unprecedented seven Tour de France titles after he declared he was finished fighting the drug charges that threaten his legacy as one of the greatest cyclists of all time.

Travis Tygart, USADA's chief executive, said Armstrong would also be hit with a lifetime ban on Friday.

Still to be heard from was the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union, which had backed Armstrong's legal challenge to USADA's authority.

Armstrong, who retired last year, declined to enter USADA's arbitration process — his last option — because he said he was weary of fighting accusations that have dogged him for years. He has consistently pointed to the hundreds of drug tests that he has passed as proof of his innocence during his extraordinary run of Tour titles stretchingfrom1999-2005.

"There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now," Armstrong said in a statement sent to The Associated Press. He called the USADA investigation an "unconstitutional witch hunt."

"I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999," he said. "The toll this has taken on my family and my work for our foundation and on me leads me to where I am today - finished with this nonsense."

USADA reacted quickly and treated Armstrong's decision as an admission of guilt, hanging the label of drug cheat on an athlete who was a hero to thousands for overcoming life-threatening testicular cancer and for his foundation's support for cancer research.

"It is a sad day for all of us who love sport and athletes," Tygart said. "It's a heartbreaking example of win at all costs overtaking the fair and safe option. There's no success in cheating to win."

Not admitting drug use
Tygart said the agency can strip the Tour titles, though Armstrong disputed that as he insisted his decision is not an admission of drug use, but a refusal to enter an arbitration process he believes is unfair.

"USADA cannot assert control of a professional international sport and attempt to strip my seven Tour de France titles," he said. "I know who won those seven Tours, my teammates know who won those seven Tours, and everyone I competed against knows who won those seven Tours."

USADA maintains that Armstrong has used banned substances as far back as 1996, including the blood-booster EPO and steroids as well as blood transfusions — all to boost his performance.

The 40-year-old Armstrong walked away from the sport in 2011 without being charged following a two-year federal criminal investigation into many of the same accusations he faces from USADA. The federal probe was closed in February, but USADA announced in June it had evidence Armstrong used banned substances and methods — and encouraged their use by teammates. The agency also said it had blood tests from 2009 and 2010 that were "fully consistent" with blood doping.

Included in USADA's evidence were emails written by Armstrong's former U.S. Postal Service teammate Floyd Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title after a positive drug test. Landis' emails to a USA Cycling official detailed allegations of a complex doping program on the team.

USADA also said it had 10 former Armstrong teammates ready to testify against him. Other than suggesting they include Landis and Tyler Hamilton, both of whom have admitted to doping offences, the agency has refused to say who they are or specifically what they would say........

USADA to strip Lance Armstrong of Tour titles, ban him for life

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Now in the Bamster's US it's guilty until proven innocent.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
With all the tests he was given, you would think if he was doping he would have been caught at least one of the times. I'm still leaning towards him being innocent. The way they went after him it was nothing short of a witch hunt. They took the word of a formerly disgraced (and caught for doping) racer who has everything to gain by saying what they want him to say instead of the results of a large number of tests?

And Armstrong is the disgrace? I think there is a disgrace here, but I don't think it's him.

I should add that he never admitted his guilt(which should be the only way they can strip him of the titles), he just "enough is enough" and decided to give up on it all. After being hounded for numerous years, and spending countless amounts of dollars defending yourself, I believe his breaking point would be reached by the majority of people.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Walter is always cycling or spinning his wheels and he makes his comments that are basically what they are.
As for Armstrong, I don't know, he may well be guilty and he got away with it for a long
time because knowing and proving are two different things. As for being caught during
testing it depends on who is doing the testing.
The other problem I have is the committee's that monitor these things are often the most
guilty. Really would you trust any of the people on the Olympic Committee? I would not.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
What truly is pathetic is the wide spread use of performance enhancers by some very talented and capable athletes throughout the world. Look at the recent London Olympics and just how many were revealed at that event. Now look at the top level League atghletes who are being detected. I see as an individual who is so oriented to winning that the effects the use of these banned substances does show selfishness and a total disregard for the "Team" concepts. Look at the profits made by the vendors selling these also.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'm not sure what "The agency also said it had blood tests from 2009 and 2010 that were "fully consistent" with blood doping." means. That statement sounds deliberately misleading. Did he or did he not ever test positive? Since they never came right out and said he tested positive, it sounds like the tests weren't conclusive.

A malicious prosecution can convict someone, just by wearing them down over time as appears to be the case.

I am undecided based on the above article.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
Remember 1996 Atlanta,the guy who was suspected/accused of being the bomber,the medias already had judged him guilty.

As for Lance Armstrong,from what we heard on the news for months,like other athletes if true he shot himself in the foot by cheating.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A dude that took steroids/doped being ratted-out by others that took steroids/doped and judged by those that took steroids/doped.

He may be remembered by his fanboys but will no more be truly respected anymore than that hulkster Barry Bonds is.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
If none of the tests came up positive but he is believed to be doping anyways then why bother having the tests in the first place?

Some years after the alleged doping put the athlete in one side of a gigantic scale and put a feather in the other side. Then have the athlete proclaim their innocence. Everyone knows that the truth is enlightening, so if the supposedly truth telling athlete isn't lighter than the feather then clearly they are lying.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Good for U.S. Doping Agency.

Armstrong has been an embarrasment to cycling and all sports of decades. It's been common knowledge that he had using epo, blood doping and gawd knows what else to attain his success for years. He's flaunted it, dared the governing bodies to come after him.

For a long time athletes made rich by their fame used to intimidate their Sports Associations with lawsuits, which they were ill equipped to defend against. The Doping Agencies finallly seen have the clout to stand up to the intimidation.

So F***K you, Lance.... you lousy Cheat.

The problem is Cycling and a lot of other sports are so infected with doping.. there's no assurance the runners up weren't just as drugged up. My guess more than a few of the Gold Medals, who knows in some sports most of them, in the last Olympics were result of athletes doped up with EPO, anabolic steroids, artificial testosterone, human growth hormone, blood doping or synthetic blood that can dissolve oxygen at 50 times the rate of genuine blood.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I assume he has taken substances that are illegal in sports, but after hundreds of clean drug tests,
and many many allegations of missuse of the substances without any proof, other than others ratting
on him, and I don't understand why team mates would do that, as he didn't do it against any of his
teamates who were tested positive. Why did they, even if he is guilty.

So whatever the answer is, it is long behind him now, and he isn't interested in fighting it yet
another time.
Some get caught, some don't, some get ratted on by others, most don't, many go thru their careers
and never get caught and don't test positive, yet they probably used the substances.

so, for me it is another ??? and for him it is the end of the road for that part of his life BUT

he has raised over 1/2 a billion dollars for cancer treatment and prevention, has been at deaths door
suffering from testicular cancer, which also spread to his brain, and he survived.

His group which is addressing this disease is making progress and helping thousands, so I won't s**t all over him, as he has done much good in the world, so good luck to him, and on with his life doing
good for others.

There is a balance here, and I will see the good side, and forget all of the other stuff.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC

Look at the process for adjudicating doping charges. The presumption of innocence is still there, as is the necessity of proving the doping took place beyond all reasonable doubt. And still Lance has the ability to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports with a history credulity and leniance in dealing with this cancerous cyst on the world of sports.

I assume he has taken substances that are illegal in sports, but after hundreds of clean drug tests,
and many many allegations of missuse of the substances without any proof, other than others ratting
on him, and I don't understand why team mates would do that, as he didn't do it against any of his
teamates who were tested positive. Why did they, even if he is guilty.

So whatever the answer is, it is long behind him now, and he isn't interested in fighting it yet
another time.
Some get caught, some don't, some get ratted on by others, most don't, many go thru their careers
and never get caught and don't test positive, yet they probably used the substances.

so, for me it is another ??? and for him it is the end of the road for that part of his life BUT

he has raised over 1/2 a billion dollars for cancer treatment and prevention, has been at deaths door
suffering from testicular cancer, which also spread to his brain, and he survived.

His group which is addressing this disease is making progress and helping thousands, so I won't ****
all over him, as he has done much good in the world, so good luck to him, and on with his life doing
good for others.

There is a balance here, and I will see the good side, and forget all of the other stuff.

He's made himself very rich. Often very corrupt individuals will present a face to world of great philanthropy. Pablo Escobar used to fund Soccer Programs and Community Centres in Medelllin.. all a cover for his cocaine empire.. and to lock in a popular franchise to protect himself from prosecution.

This while he was murdering political, military, judicial and police officials with impunity. Lance put himself out there as a great humanitarian.. using his public profile.. all the product of a fraud, and to the utter disrepute of Cycling and the Tour de France. I doubt much good comes of these things.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
He's made himself very rich. Often very corrupt individuals will present a face to world of great charity. Pablo Escobar used to fund Soccer Programs and Community Centres in Medelllin.. all a cover for cocaine empire.. and to lock in popular franchise to protect him from prosecution. This while he was murdering political, military, judicial and police officials with impunity. Lance put himself out there as a great humanitarian.. using his public profile.. as a cover for a corrupt soul. I doubt much good comes of these things.
Now I get it, Armstrong took drugs and killed people. He's worse than Sarah Palin and Romney put together.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
What a stupid comment. Look at the process for adjudicating doping charges. The presumption of innocence is still there, as is the necessity of proving the doping took place beyond all reasonable doubt. And still Lance has the ability to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sports with a history credulity and leniance in dealing with this cancerous cyst on the world of sports.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
He made the riches from bike racing and endorsements, but the cancer work he does is sincere, as he has been
thru it, and has spoken many times about his life thru the illness and he has a very real passion
to help those who also suffer the disease.

One can't condemn him for everything, he has to be admired and thanked for doing the good he does,
and just because people hate him for what they believe he did concerning the substance abuse, that
shouldn't run into the rest of his life, I don't see any of the other cyclists that were tested
positive showing up anywhere raising millions for others, but he does, so we must recognize that,
good for him, he could be living his life just for himself, but he isn't.