Blue Jays and the World Series

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Blue Jays and the World Series

Blue Jays might be hot contenders this year because they did well in the spring training Grapefruit league

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Spring Training does not equate to regular season. I think they will have a good year. Which will be good enough for 3rd or 4th spot in a very tough division.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Spring Training does not equate to regular season. I think they will have a good year. Which will be good enough for 3rd or 4th spot in a very tough division.

I'm not sure I agree with you 100% on this, Ski. Their bullpen cost them at least 15 games last season, and their bullpen is far superior this year. Adding to the fact that the Yankees are getting older and Boston has a lot of injury troubles, I think that the Jays can make some noise this year, especially with the extra Wild Card slot available. Will they absolutely make the post-season? I don't know, but I do know that I feel more confidant this year than in quite a while.:)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I'm not sure I agree with you 100% on this, Ski. Their bullpen cost them at least 15 games last season, and their bullpen is far superior this year. Adding to the fact that the Yankees are getting older and Boston has a lot of injury troubles, I think that the Jays can make some noise this year, especially with the extra Wild Card slot available. Will they absolutely make the post-season? I don't know, but I do know that I feel more confidant this year than in quite a while.:)
I guess I should pay more attention -- what new wildcard spot?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well the Jays have an outside shot then assuming a young team can win.

I think they can. I think they made a good decision signing Omar Visquel to a contract. He will be a good influence on the younger players, as he has a really good work ethic and is a classy individual.