Sports Radio

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Team1040. Overall a pretty good station. Barry McDonald is knowledgeable in a lot of sports. Matt Sekeras, intelligent, quick witted. Lots of good people there.

I can't stand Jeff Patterson. He is verbal diarrhea at its worst. He doesn't even believe or care about what he says - it's all empty shtick. He should do schticky commercials.

Who is good and bad in sports radio?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I enjoy scotty rintoule and paul chapman (province paper), who is with scotty for the first two hours
in the morning, then chappy leaves and botchford (province paper) arrives, and I like him too.

he one who peeves the most is sekeris, )whiny voice), he thinks he knows it all, and he doesn't much at all about a lot
of sports. He know facts and figures, but hasn't a clue on talent of players.
He is really a journalist trying to be a sports radio guy.

I do like blake price, (took me a long time) but I like him now, he also does the play by play for junior A
hockey, and does it well.
He is very very quick thinking, I just had to get use to his voice, but now I have.

Yes, pattison is a bore.

I like rick ball lots, but team 1040 lost him as a sports guy when he became both the lions caller
and canucks caller, but he is great.

I like the guys like ferraro ande tomlinson for real hockey talk, they as ex players really know what they
are talking about.

I like barry McDonald a lot, but I get very tired of taylor, he stutters too much and
just drones on and on and I find he just repeats many things allready said.
I always enjoyed McDonald before they got together when dave pratt left, another
big head who likes himself way too much.

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sekeres knows football. Blake Price I can do without.

Have you heard those hillbillies from Fox? They are picked up on 1040 usually in the evenings. Man is that ever sickening.

Then there's the Jim Rome show. Rome is the most overrated show in the history of sports radio. All he does is get dorks to call in and read their dumb rants.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Sekeres knows football. Blake Price I can do without.

Have you heard those hillbillies from Fox? They are picked up on 1040 usually in the evenings. Man is that ever sickening.

Then there's the Jim Rome show. Rome is the most overrated show in the history of sports radio. All he does is get dorks to call in and read their dumb rants.

yeah, took me a long time to get to like blake price, but now I like him, can't explain it, I just got
past what annoyed me, and looked deeper into the person, but he does, at times sound like someone kicked
him in the crotch, cause his voice can go so high.
When I was so annoyed with his voice I wrote in a couple of times and asked him to turn down his volume as
my ears were cracking. lol
Partly why I do like him now is that when I did send in an e mail complaining about him or something he
said, he always replied to me with decent e mails, and thanked me for writing, that did help, as I
began to realize that he is a human after all, so I began to be more positive about him.

I hate jim rome with a passion, I have avoided his show for a long time, and I was glad when 1410 came
along, and his show left 1040.

Don't know anything about the fox guys, as soon as any of the u.s. stuff comes on I turn it off, they
are so animated it makes me sick.

Do you remember the curtain bloggers, they were very annoying, and sounded like a couple of teen age girls
giggling and talking all the time trying to be funny.
I see that they are coming back on again with a new name for their show 'pro sports radio' I think.

Bob Marjanovich really knows football, but that is all I like about him, he goes to
the super bowl every year and broadcasts some stuff from there onto 1040.

Scotty Rintoole and chapman really know football too.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It is kind of neat to email someone like that. Good on him to respond to criticism and do it the right way. What annoys me with Blake is he often doesn't seem to have his thoughts together before talking. He rambles on about nothing and forms his opinions by hearing what he said.

I exchanged a few emails with Barry McDonald one day chatting about old BC Lions. We were trying to list who in BC went on to a successful NFL career.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It is kind of neat to email someone like that. Good on him to respond to criticism and do it the right way. What annoys me with Blake is he often doesn't seem to have his thoughts together before talking. He rambles on about nothing and forms his opinions by hearing what he said.

I exchanged a few emails with Barry McDonald one day chatting about old BC Lions. We were trying to list who in BC went on to a successful NFL career.

Yes, Blake's mind works so fast he has trouble keeping up with himself, he does have lots of little remarks
while gathering together his main point.

I feel sorry for him having to work with sekeras, as I can tell fairly often that he doesn't really agree with
him, because he kind of mumbles "yeah" or 'umm hmmm', not disagreeing with him or agreeing with him, and he
quickly moves on to something else, but blake is with him for two hours and they have to make it work, and
they 'all' have the gift of the gab anyway, that is one reason they are there, never stuck for words.

I think Barry McDonald just bought a house in New Westminster. His son is in university now, not sure
if Barry just remarried or?

Bob Marjanovich is from New Westminster, he and I exchanged E Mails some time ago talking about that.
I think I mentioned him to you once before.

Last edited: