Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I drew something else...

....and snapped a few photos.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I watched CBC Newsworld as the reporter refused to show the Facebook page for the event, saying "we don't want to offend anyone"........

Craven Coward Award of the Week goes to....

What we need to do is have every newspaper in the west print submissions for Draw Mohammed Day.

When freedom of speech is challenged, the ONLY acceptable response is open defiance.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Prophet Mohammed worshipped God alone without associate or equal

Prophet Mohammed broke up all the idols in the Arab land, and worshipped God alone without associate or son, daughter or parents.
You silly bugger! You are just adding fuel to the fire. Draw Mohammad day is in retaliation to people like you telling everyone that you are the only one with the truth and those that don't believe as you do are damned. You and those other silly buggers who threaten to kill us. As I have said before, you are your own worst enemy.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The day of Mohammed
People who transgress on the position of God Almighty, will they not transgress on His apostle to mankind: Mohammed? Because Mohammed was sent to all mankind: the Arab and non-Arab.

People who do not respect their own prophets, will they respect the Arab prophet: Mohammed? While Mohammed in addition to Jesus and Moses and other apostles will be judges of people on the Day of Judgment.

While God Himself praised His noble apostle Mohammed, and testified that He sent him as mercy and blessing to all nations: man-kind and genie-kind.

As in the Quran 21: 105-112
وَلَقَدْ كَتَبْنَا فِي الزَّبُورِ مِن بَعْدِ الذِّكْرِ أَنَّ الْأَرْضَ يَرِثُهَا عِبَادِيَ الصَّالِحُونَ .إِنَّ فِي هَذَا لَبَلَاغًا لِّقَوْمٍ عَابِدِينَ .
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ .
قُلْ إِنَّمَا يُوحَى إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَهُكُمْ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ فَهَلْ أَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ . فَإِن تَوَلَّوْا فَقُلْ آذَنتُكُمْ عَلَى سَوَاء وَإِنْ أَدْرِي أَقَرِيبٌ أَم بَعِيدٌ مَّا تُوعَدُونَ . إِنَّهُ يَعْلَمُ الْجَهْرَ مِنَ الْقَوْلِ وَيَعْلَمُ مَا تَكْتُمُونَ . وَإِنْ أَدْرِي لَعَلَّهُ فِتْنَةٌ لَّكُمْ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَى حِينٍ . قَالَ رَبِّ احْكُم بِالْحَقِّ وَرَبُّنَا الرَّحْمَنُ الْمُسْتَعَانُ عَلَى مَا تَصِفُونَ

The explanation:
(We have written in the Psalms [: Psalm 37] after [writing] the admonition: "My righteous servants shall inherit the earth."

Surely, in this [writing in the Psalms of David: Psalm 37] is an 'informing' to a people who serve [God alone, and are righteous; because the Psalms and the Torah were revealed in Hebrew and were not translated to Arabic and other languages until a long time after Mohammed]

We sent you not [Mohammed], but as a mercy for all creatures.

Say [O Mohammed to them]: "I am only inspired that your God is only One God; are you then resigned to God's command [lit. Muslims] ? "

But if they turn back [away from you, Mohammed], then say: "I have conveyed [the message] to you [people] all alike, although I know not whether soon or delayed is that [punishment] which you are promised with."

Surely, He [: God] knows what words are spoken aloud, and He knows what secrets you [people] hide.

I [: Mohammed] know not; it may be that your punishment will be [in this World], and a respital to a time [appointed for your death.]

He [the apostle] said: "My Lord, judge Thou with truth [between us and them]! And our Lord is the Most Gracious whom I ask for aid against what [forgeries] you ascribe [to me.]")

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psalm 37:
"9 For evildoers shall be cut off, But those who wait for God shall inherit the land.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked will be no more. Yes, though you look for his place, he isn't there.
11 But the humble shall inherit the land, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. "

<http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english3.htm#Prophet_Ahmed_as_Mentioned_in_the_Gospel_>

Is all that garbage supposed to mean something?
Saturday is naked women's day. Women will walk around the neighbourhood naked and men will it on the front lawn drinking beer and watching. Since both are forbidden to Muslims any men not outside watching must be arab terrorists.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Is all that garbage supposed to mean something?
Saturday is naked women's day. Women will walk around the neighbourhood naked and men will it on the front lawn drinking beer and watching. Since both are forbidden to Muslims any men not outside watching must be arab terrorists.

Of course once they get to the West they can do whatever they want. Drink, go to strip clubs, etc.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I watched CBC Newsworld as the reporter refused to show the Facebook page for the event, saying "we don't want to offend anyone"........

What we need to do is have every newspaper in the west print submissions for Draw Mohammed Day.

When freedom of speech is challenged, the ONLY acceptable response is open defiance.

Okay.

So if someone was to use the words nigger, chink, wog and the like on television and there was a protest would you defend the ones that used those words?

Just curious.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Okay.

So if someone was to use the words nigger, chink, wog and the like on television and there was a protest would you defend the ones that used those words?

Just curious.

Yes.

Although I consider those to be much more offensive, as they are attacks on an individual, or a group....the depiction of Mohammed is not an attack on anyone, but on a belief.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Those who are comfortable about their religion do not go ballistic and/or postal about how people view their religious icons.

Only insecure idiots do.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

That should go over well with the locals in Afghanistan. Maybe the local troops could set up a Draw Muhammad day and post all the contestants on the wall outside the base?

I'm all for freedom of speech on the legal front, but on the cultural front, it just shows lack of respect and maturity, and on the national security front, it literally puts our hearts and minds campaigns in Afghanistan at risk. Seeing that the troops are already at risk, clearly promoting more possible antagonism is not the way to support our troops.

I imagine Mohammed to look sort'a like Machjo's Avatar. 8O

:lol:

Those who are comfortable about their religion do not go ballistic and/or postal about how people view their religious icons.

Only insecure idiots do.

I agree. However, that's no reason to offend just for the sake of offending either.

I don't believe in the Mormon faith, but i'm not going to go out of my way to purposefully try to offend Mormons. That would just be immature and disrespectful.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Machjo, I can't recall any occasion when Mormons flew airplanes fully loaded with innocent victims into buildings innocent workers. That kind of distiction belongs only to Muslims, radical or otherwise. And unless you correct me convincingly, that was far more disrespectful than my post.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Machjo, I can't recall any occasion when Mormons flew airplanes fully loaded with innocent victims into buildings innocent workers. That kind of distiction belongs only to Muslims, radical or otherwise. And unless you correct me convincingly, that was far more disrespectful than my post.

Neither can I. I was just taking an example. All I'm saying is that it would be foolish of me to go out and make an effort to offend Mormons just because they're Mormons. This is essentially what's happening here with the Draw Mohammed Day. It's equally foolish. And before you try to spin this, blowing people up for drawing Muhammad is many times more foolish, fanatical and criminal.

I guess an example would be if I went and called a person an s$$hole and then he punched in the the face for it. Sure what he'd have done would have been much worse than what I'd have done, but it still would not have excused what I'd had done.