Are these guys real Muslims

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Are the Nation of Islam (NOI) a real and recognized branch of the Muslim faith? I thought muslims werent supposed to be racist, but apparently this branch of muslims are...

Can someone clarify this for me?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yep, they're real. They've been around since the 30's.

In fact, it is the group that spawned Malcolm X, before he converted to Sunni Islam.

If you think they're just racist, you should read some of one of it's most out spoken leader of the NOI, Louis Farrakhan. His beliefs make the KKK look lame.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
So muslims are actually racist? And that stuff they spew about everyone being equal is bull****? Cause i seen a muslim on here call our science master a devil, does that stem from the teachings of islam also?

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
There are many sects of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

The most correct among them may be one way: the devotion to God alone with no enthusiasm about patron saints, rabbis and imams; and they should believe in all the apostles including Mohammed and in all the revealed books including the Quran.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
eanassir so then other muslims accept the NOI for being racists? Are you racist do you hate me cause im white :lol:...

I take it when these guys make the pilgramage to mecca they are received with open arms for representing islam as a racist religon?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In fact, it is the group that spawned Malcolm X, before he converted to Sunni Islam.

If you think they're just racist, you should read some of one of it's most out spoken leader of the NOI, Louis Farrakhan. His beliefs make the KKK look lame.

i wonder why malcolm x converted to sunni islam?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So muslims are actually racist?
Ya, pretty much. Just about as racist or prejudiced as you average extremist of any stripe.

And that stuff they spew about everyone being equal is bull****?
To some sects. Louis Farakan thinks whites haven't evolved yet. Is that extremely inequal enough for you?

Cause i seen a muslim on here call our science master a devil, does that stem from the teachings of islam also?
Yep, and it's the same mind set that drives the Christians in the states to demand that schools teach God as a the creator.

There are many sects of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

The most correct among them may be one way: the devotion to God alone with no enthusiasm about patron saints, rabbis and imams; and they should believe in all the apostles including Mohammed and in all the revealed books including the Quran.

Wow, that was wonderfully vague. Is that so, because you don't understand the question, or you can't answer it without poking a great big hole in you theology?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
eanassir you know the most about islam on this forum and i assume your a muslim also.
Johnny, please don't assume because someone identifies as this or that, that are an authority.

I am Native, that does not make me the authority on Natives, or Native issues. It does give me a different perspective however, but that is where it ends.

This will be a generalized statement, but I have seen it proven correct, time and time again, none the less. People of varying faiths, oft know nothing more about their chosen faith, then what has been told to the, In short, they are absolutely the last person you should ask for a reasoned opinion. By their very nature, they do not have the ability to reason.

Given our friend here has proven to have limited comprehension skills, and has actually stated himself, that he needed/needs Islam explained to him. Tells me straight out, he is the last person you should ask this question of.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What is a "real" Muslim? It's as easily defined as who is a real Christian or what are they thinking....
I think anyone who identifies themselves fits the bill. There actions may prove otherwise to those that interpret their chosen faiths differently...

But in the end it's all the same, just different perspectives.

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey
Are the Nation of Islam (NOI) a real and recognized branch of the Muslim faith? I thought muslims werent supposed to be racist, but apparently this branch of muslims are...

Can someone clarify this for me?

No, Johnnny. Muslims and doctrins of Islam, in fact, cannot be considered as racist but the policies and leaders of some countries who declare themselves as Muslim are racist so, what they do isn't appropriate to Islam itself but they made up a story a long time ago after Mohammed as Shariah by which they try to prove their actions-they consider it as the interpretation of Koran adding some customs of Arabians as well.

If you are a real Muslim , you should be more tolerate and patient as Mohammed wished and did. but nowadays ,some Muslims and leaders ignore that fact justifiying their acts putting forth Jihad.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
some Muslims and leaders ignore that fact justifiying their acts putting forth Jihad.
Some? You, who try to come across as a moderate, wouldn't here of the connection between Islam and Nazi ideology. Though the proof is there.

It isn't some, it's all. Anyone that adheres to a faith, steadfast, succumbs to a form of blind theology of some varying degree. Islam, just so happen to be the cause celeb.

I will admit that Islam is not overtly "racist", anyone can join the Jihad movement, they are however bigoted by nature. In that anyone who doesn't believe in the almighty Allah, is an infidel, and therefore subhuman. With all that that implies.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Some? You, who try to come across as a moderate, wouldn't here of the connection between Islam and Nazi ideology. Though the proof is there.

It isn't some, it's all. Anyone that adheres to a faith, steadfast, succumbs to a form of blind theology of some varying degree. Islam, just so happen to be the cause celeb.

"Some" is a very wide brush. It tars everyone. There are moderates - many moderates - people born into the religion but really don't have the faith. That would be like basing all Native behaviour on the few who like to burn stuff on highways and threaten the locals.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"Some" is a very wide brush. It tars everyone.
That's why I took issue with selin's use of the word.

There are moderates - many moderates - people born into the religion but really don't have the faith.
Then they really aren't Muslim.
That would be like basing all Native behaviour on the few tho like to burn stuff on highways and threaten the locals.
True, but it sure doesn't stop it from happening.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Dunno ... I'm still called Christian
And I've been called a neocon, a communist and a new age hippy. I was baptized twice, because we moved from one rez to another, that was run by a different sect of Christianity. In the end it was all the same. "This is our God, he knows all, he is the only god, blah blah blah."

even though the last time I set foot in a church was when my grandkids were baptized.
And despite the fact that I spent years hating the Church, I still have distinctly Christian values too. Does that make me a Christian? Not at all.

It's all irrelevant.

The fact of the matter, if you profess to be, you obviously believe in the bulk of that which is contained in or dictated to you from, the holy book of your choice.

If so, you are predisposed to all varying manner of bigotry, whether you act upon it or not. You simply can't say, I believe in X, and be completely void of some level of bigotry.