The Pope Is On The Ropes

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The Pope Is On The Ropes

Catholics from all over the world must be wondering if God fell asleep at the switch when he picked this Pope.

Pedophiles seem to be a regular occurrence in the priesthood and when they are found out they have to be sent somewhere where they can’t do any harm or be let go from the church.

This Pope did not listen and more alter boys felt the hand of the priesthood in very inappropriate areas.

This Pope can’t be excommunicated and this one still has a lot of years to serve the church.

The big question that all good Catholics are asking themselves is it time to pack it in or just break away like the Church of England did.

This saga is unfortunately far from over

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Are you saying that the Pope is a pedophile or that the entire Priesthood are pedophiles?

Not all the priesthood. Don't be ridiculous. It's just an organized minority that has been allowed to exist, by the church turning a blind eye and covering up to avoid liability, that have sex with choir boys. Fact.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Unfortunately that vile practice is not restricted to just the RCC, it would seem the boys running around the US gov that are called pages are also subject to similar abuse and it is denied just as strongly as the RCC defends the indefensible. Seems the West also used the orient as a way to have sex with kids and not get prosecuted for it although that is changing as the identies are being revealed slowly but surely. The RCC has had long enough to solve the problem, let the mothers in their and it would stop quite suddenly and perhaps require two priests to be present at all times.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not all the priesthood. Don't be ridiculous. It's just an organized minority that has been allowed to exist, by the church turning a blind eye and covering up to avoid liability, that have sex with choir boys. Fact.

I would like an answer from the so called libertarian.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Just another cover up, nothing to get worked up about. The Vatican needs a major housecleaning, akin to firing the board of directors of a corrupt company.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Even if the Pope never had sex with an alter boy, he helped cover it up and that makes him an accessory to a crime. When the CEO of a corporation is implicated in a crime against the corporation, he is summarily fired. The Catholic Church is a corporation, with the Pope its CEO. Fire the bum!

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I would like an answer from the so called libertarian.

I am of the same opinion as him. Pedophiles join the clergy to rape choir boys. Just like some pedophiles join boy scouts or kids sports teams, some pedophiles join the clergy to get close to little boys.

The Church though, has until now turned a blind eye to it, which to me is basically saying they don't care or covertly support it. Now they are doing too little to late. I see it as damage control.

Not that the Catholic church has a great track record, and their reputation will always be stained.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Unfortunately that vile practice is not restricted to just the RCC, it would seem the boys running around the US gov that are called pages are also subject to similar abuse and it is denied just as strongly as the RCC defends the indefensible. Seems the West also used the orient as a way to have sex with kids and not get prosecuted for it although that is changing as the identies are being revealed slowly but surely. The RCC has had long enough to solve the problem, let the mothers in their and it would stop quite suddenly and perhaps require two priests to be present at all times.

I have been privy to and almost a victim of this very thing by an official of The United Church of Canada. SSDC, that's same poop different church. BUT, really it is the same church in my eyes. Anyone that believes they should worship 'the creator' is of the church, whether christian, Jew Muslim, et al, you name the religion it applies here, they fall into the same category as all religions strive to control and manipulate humans. Distracting them from the reality of existence. The reality is you have to be a good person and make your way in this world regardless of any theological beliefs you may have. can you do that without worshiping?
Can you do it of yourself? If not then religion says feel free to have sexual relations with whoever, just don't get caught or you will be transferred.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I am of the same opinion as him. Pedophiles join the clergy to rape choir boys. Just like some pedophiles join boy scouts or kids sports teams, some pedophiles join the clergy to get close to little boys.

The Church though, has until now turned a blind eye to it, which to me is basically saying they don't care or covertly support it. Now they are doing too little to late. I see it as damage control.

Not that the Catholic church has a great track record, and their reputation will always be stained.
You are right but it's not only the Catholic Church. The Anglican Church is financially broke because of paying out so much due to this same problem. Now the church itself is "broke" and part of it is breaking away to join the Catholic Church? Nice move. Like things will be any different! Seems it is time that both a male and a female be present anytime there is contact with any children in a church or elsewhere.
It should be a law.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It's logical and it would be a solution but we all know - It ain't gonna happen!
If the Church leadership need correcting (because it can't govern itseld) the flock can apply pressure of it's own which would be the with-holding of any/all donations. It is one thing to not know of abuses but to continue to fund the 'Church' is equal to being in the room when the abuse is going on and doing nothing. Politics is no different, once corruption is detected if steps aren't taken right then then the 'voters' are supporting the corruption. Saying wait till the next Pope (or President) before (the promise) clean-up begins only means the cleanup will never begin.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If the Church leadership need correcting (because it can't govern itseld) the flock can apply pressure of it's own which would be the with-holding of any/all donations. It is one thing to not know of abuses but to continue to fund the 'Church' is equal to being in the room when the abuse is going on and doing nothing. Politics is no different, once corruption is detected if steps aren't taken right then then the 'voters' are supporting the corruption. Saying wait till the next Pope (or President) before (the promise) clean-up begins only means the cleanup will never begin.

Interesting........ so, I assume, the illicit wrongs that you knew about were reported to the proper legal authorities?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Interesting........ so, I assume, the illicit wrongs that you knew about were reported to the proper legal authorities?
I may have let a name or two slip to a Vietnamese friend, a name or two of some white 'acquaintances' who spoke of fun in the far east with a little too much enthusiasm. Within two years they stopped going out of the country for 'vacations'. Odds are the two events are totally unrelated.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I may have let a name or two slip to a Vietnamese friend, a name or two of some white 'acquaintances' who spoke of fun in the far east with a little too much enthusiasm. Within two years they stopped going out of the country for 'vacations'. Odds are the two events are totally unrelated.

So, in other words you did not. So that would put you in the same boat as you are putting the rest of the Catholic Priesthood and the Catholic congregations. Pot, meet kettle.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That means that is as close as I have come to knowing a crime was taking place, now go stand in the corner ans say 500 "Hail, Mary's"