what does it mean to be pagan

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
It's a matter of perspective. Christians were called pagans in the Roman Empire before Christianity morphed into the state religion.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It also means you give yourself the right to hijack as much new age thinking as you can from other faiths and repackage and rebrand it for a profit.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
It also means you give yourself the right to hijack as much new age thinking as you can from other faiths and repackage and rebrand it for a profit.

but Bear! Thar's gold in them thar religions! Look, I'm tired of eking out a living - what say you and I jump on the latest religious fad bandwagon and turn ourselves a little profit before the atheists figure out they haven't been invited to the feeding frenzy and decide to hijack paganism? :p

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
but Bear! Thar's gold in them thar religions! Look, I'm tired of eking out a living - what say you and I jump on the latest religious fad bandwagon and turn ourselves a little profit before the atheists figure out they haven't been invited to the feeding frenzy and hijacks paganism? :p
Only if you wear your birthday suit?

And sorry, for the shot across your bow, you know I don't include you in the rabble that use Paganism as a tool to make money.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
lol oh Bear - I'm not Pagan - I haven't earned the right to wear that label... I just agree with most of their teachings. :)

I was just pointing out that all religions have been hijacked, bastardized and raped in the name of the true gawd, the almighty dollar.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
apparently not - but then again, I never did get the hang of that whole capitalism thang. Maybe if I exploit a few religions I'll get better at it!

Sorry if I digress, but I've always admired Botticelli!

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
apparently not - but then again, I never did get the hang of that whole capitalism thang. Maybe if I exploit a few religions I'll get better at it!

Hey you're on a roll. Too bad all the 'Religo' business models have been co-opted already. Besides it's a far dirtier game than capitalism. :p You have to do things under the bathroom stall and in the choir room. :-?

See?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Sorry if I digress, but I've always admired Botticelli!

I could make a few inferences from that post Spade - either you're noting the hijacking of this thread when we 'digressed' off into the hijacking of religions...;-)

...or you share an opinion with me that all regions share at their root, one simple message - and it doesn't matter which religious cloth you dress it up in, the message remains the same:

Do no harm.

The rest is just ... well.... fodder for the capitalists, if you will. lolll.

Hey you're on a roll. Too bad all the 'Religo' business models have been co-opted already. Besides it's a far dirtier game than capitalism. :p You have to do things under the bathroom stall and in the choir room. :-?

See?

In the words of the infamous CdnBear, EGADS!

I'm destined to remain destitute I guess. I draw the line at skulking under bathroom stalls!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
...or you share an opinion with me that all regions share at their root, one simple message - and it doesn't matter which religious cloth you dress it up in, the message remains the same:

Do no harm.

The rest is just ... well.... fodder for the capitalists, if you will. lolll.

Yes, exactly!

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Apparently you're right. In fact just the other day I received two convictions in the mail .... for speeding. :angryfire::lol::lol::lol:

*friggin photo radar... grrrrr*

I had no idea you were a fast woman. :iroc: We ousted the NDP to get rid of photo radar.