The embarrassment of the apostle

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007

First:
Chiefly the apostle was embarrassed for feeling he did not carry out his duty properly; i.e. he feared he did some defect in preaching the religion.

He was tasked to convey the massage, but he feared lest he should have done some negligence about his preaching and conveying the revelation to people.

In other words: he sees that he is responsible about warning people, but he fears he has not warned them properly:

( [O Mohammed, recite this] Book [: the Quran] revealed to you,
and let there be no embarrassment in your breast as to it[s conveyance],
[but only] to warn [the unbelievers and the associaters] thereby, and as an admonition to the believers. )

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran aya 7: 2

كِتَابٌ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ فَلاَ يَكُن فِي صَدْرِكَ حَرَجٌ مِّنْهُ لِتُنذِرَ بِهِ وَذِكْرَى لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Bible pretty much says unbelievers will remain unbelievers.

Re:22:11:
He that is unjust,
let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still:
and he that is righteous,
let him be righteous still:
and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

What they don't accept before His coming will be accepted after that same return. One path is more pleasant than the other.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007

He that is unjust,
let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still:

What they don't accept before His coming will be accepted after that same return. One path is more pleasant than the other.

The same is in the Quran 2: 6
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْهِمْ أَأَنذَرْتَهُمْ أَمْ لَمْ تُنذِرْهُمْ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ
The explanation:
(Surely, those who deny; it is the same to them – whether you [Mohammed] warn them or you warn them not – they believe not.)

And in the Quran 36: 10-11
وَسَوَاء عَلَيْهِمْ أَأَنذَرْتَهُمْ أَمْ لَمْ تُنذِرْهُمْ لاَ يُؤْمِنُونَ . إِنَّمَا تُنذِرُ مَنِ اتَّبَعَ الذِّكْرَ وَخَشِيَ الرَّحْمَن بِالْغَيْبِ فَبَشِّرْهُ بِمَغْفِرَةٍ وَأَجْرٍ كَرِيمٍ
The explanation:
(It is the same to them whether you [Mohammed] warn them or you warn them not, they believe not.

You [Mohammed] only warn him who follows the admonition [of the Quran] and fear [God] Most Gracious in secret, so give him the good news of forgiveness and excellent reward [in the afterlife.])

http://www.quran-ayat.com/

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Bible says you can tell the difference by the way they treat others. If other people benefit (food, clothing, etc) then they are 'just people' and will find favor with Christ or they will 'harm' people and in return Christ is going to harm them. Is that also the view the Quran promotes?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
To add,
It isn't like God left Christians at the mercy of 'sinners'. We have the right/duty not to sit down with them for meals, and we can refuse to forgive them. lol

M't:18:21:
Then came Peter to him,
and said,
Lord,
how oft shall my brother sin against me,
and I forgive him?
till seven times?
M't:18:22:
Jesus saith unto him,
I say not unto thee,
Until seven times:
but,
Until seventy times seven.

1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

First:
Chiefly the apostle was embarrassed for feeling he did not carry out his duty properly; i.e. he feared he did some defect in preaching the religion.

He was tasked to convey the massage, but he feared lest he should have done some negligence about his preaching and conveying the revelation to people.

In other words: he sees that he is responsible about warning people, but he fears he has not warned them properly:

( [O Mohammed, recite this] Book [: the Quran] revealed to you,
and let there be no embarrassment in your breast as to it[s conveyance],
[but only] to warn [the unbelievers and the associaters] thereby, and as an admonition to the believers. )

The above between brackets is the explanation of the Quran aya 7: 2

كِتَابٌ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ فَلاَ يَكُن فِي صَدْرِكَ حَرَجٌ مِّنْهُ لِتُنذِرَ بِهِ وَذِكْرَى لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ

No kidding. He did such a lousy job that he didn't even make it to North America. Nor did any of his followers until about 150 years ago.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

He that is unjust,
let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still:

Are you holding your breath waiting for this returning?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
To add,
It isn't like God left Christians at the mercy of 'sinners'. We have the right/duty not to sit down with them for meals, and we can refuse to forgive them. lol

M't:18:21:
Then came Peter to him,
and said,
Lord,
how oft shall my brother sin against me,
and I forgive him?
till seven times?
M't:18:22:
Jesus saith unto him,
I say not unto thee,
Until seven times:
but,
Until seventy times seven.

1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.
Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

He that is unjust,
let him be unjust still:
and he which is filthy,
let him be filthy still:

I read that to mean the the righteous and holy are unjust and filthy.
As Allan Watts said, "We have no way to measure the damage done by the self righteous."

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The Bible says you can tell the difference by the way they treat others. If other people benefit (food, clothing, etc) then they are 'just people' and will find favor with Christ or they will 'harm' people and in return Christ is going to harm them. Is that also the view the Quran promotes?

In the Quran, the matter and all the affair is by the hand of God alone, and it is up to God alone to decide people as good or bad and to guide or misguide them, whereas the Christ has nothing to do with any of that.

Jesus only fulfilled the will of his Lord, and worked according to God's instructions in conveying the Gospel and inviting people to every decency particularly the First Commandment.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/3.htm#Question_22

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
In the Quran, the matter and all the affair is by the hand of God alone, and it is up to God alone to decide people as good or bad and to guide or misguide them, whereas the Christ has nothing to do with any of that.

Jesus only fulfilled the will of his Lord, and worked according to God's instructions in conveying the Gospel and inviting people to every decency particularly the First Commandment.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/3.htm#Question_22
roflmao Yep, you can ignore all the other commandments, but don't break the first one. Your god is a jealous narcissist.
I wonder why it is that this god feels so threatened by other gods that it has to warn us poor humans that it''ll get angry with us. Why doesn't it just get rid of all the other gods?

Last edited:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
he didn't even make it to North America. Nor did any of his followers until about 150 years ago.

How could he or any of his followers convey the Quran to North America when it had not been yet discovered, and how could they reach there at that time?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
How could he or any of his followers convey the Quran to North America when it had not been yet discovered, and how could they reach there at that time?

If Mohammed really was a prophet, he would have discovered the greatest continent on the world. If God could speak to him, surely God could have warped him over here. :smile:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Europeans and Asians have been visiting the Americas for at least 10 thousand years. Did Mohammad live more than 10 thousand years ago? Is the Quran that old? Are Muslims are a bunch of slackers? Smoke too much Hashish?

Besides, the native Americans already knew about the Creator so they didn't need Mohammad coming over here with his self righteous attitude messing up the balance of things with his war god of the desert. Schmuck would have started a holy war because he couldn't understand them anyway.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
:roll:Your god could have told him and his followers, "Hey, there's some people over there that haven't heard of me. Go tell them".
The latest on the history of boats puts the first seafaring boats being between 6000 and 7000 years ago. When was Muhammed around? Maybe 2500 years ago?

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey
If Mohammed really was a prophet, he would have discovered the greatest continent on the world. If God could speak to him, surely God could have warped him over here. :smile:

Christ did the same job in that greatest continent recently although he was older than Mohammed :D

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yeah, Christianity came to North Am before Islam, but even it didn't arrive here till maybe 600 years ago. In the meantime, people here had their own religions for well over 10,000 years.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Christ did the same job in that greatest continent recently although he was older than Mohammed :D
Actually, according to the Mormons, JC came here after he let some poor delusional schmuck die for him on the cross, and visited the Aztecs and Mayans. They called him Quoxicotal.