INTELLECT vs. WISDOM

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What is the connection between the two? Does wisdom have other ingredients besides intelligence?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Intellect seems to me to be the capacity for rational thought while wisdom is the accumulated experience and the ability to use it with common sense and insight.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Juan exactly

Wisdom is the combination of intellect plus experience/common sense.

Not that I have any of it - only know what is lacking hehe...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan exactly

Wisdom is the combination of intellect plus experience/common sense.

Not that I have any of it - only know what is lacking hehe...

My intellect and wisdom fall to their lowest levels overnight. They increase upon rising after a cup of coffee or two to the point where I can be allowed out on the street by myself.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hahah Juan

I still forget where I parked my car!

I got a newer one a few months back but a different color.

Yup - I reached the tears point ten minutes after looking for the wrong one.

Am thinking of tying a bright flower to the bumper which will float above all the other vehicles!

At least you are allowed to roam free! That's a step up my man.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That is funny. A month ago the Dollar Store was selling little plastic Canadian flags that you fit in one of the back windows and buzz the window up to hold it in place. We thought we were pretty clever because the flag sticks up over a foot above the roof of the car and we could pick out our car from a distance. We looked very patriotic but the big thing was that we could find our damn car. Then the Olympics came along and there were dozens of these damn flags in every parking lot. We've had to revert back to using the remote thingy to beep the horn. Progress?...;-):smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Is there a difference between being politically correct and having alot of wisdom? Can they be confused?

I think more wisdom has been shown by being politically incorrect than being politically correct. At times it's better just to say it the way it is..........:smile:

Reactions: Johnnny

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
That is funny. A month ago the Dollar Store was selling little plastic Canadian flags that you fit in one of the back windows and buzz the window up to hold it in place. We thought we were pretty clever because the flag sticks up over a foot above the roof of the car and we could pick out our car from a distance. We looked very patriotic but the big thing was that we could find our damn car. Then the Olympics came along and there were dozens of these damn flags in every parking lot. We've had to revert back to using the remote thingy to beep the horn. Progress?...;-):smile:

What a neat idea - They could use something like that down here - all the parking places are jammed on a weekend especially the beach communities.

Ahem - there is a remote horn beeper? I just learned where the dang horn was on the steering wheel and scared my sister in law when she was walking past the front woops...(I honestly didn't know where it was - it's nearly invisible with a graphic horn instead of spelled out - I miss things being easy).... I'm still learning all the arrow thingys on the key tag - and scare myself when I open the trunk instead of the door - the trunk sounds like an earthquake opening....

Well I'm gonna try the remote today..... I hope I don't set anyone else's off hahaha

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Good question about politically correct and wisdom. I think it's a tough one to use all of one's intellect because politics involve a great deal of emotional input and bias too - and it's a tough struggle to remain purely responsible or knowledgable to reality or facts.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Is there a difference between being politically correct and having alot of wisdom? Can they be confused?

It often takes no small amount of wisdom to know what is politically correct, and when to be politically correct.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think that intelligence, mixed with knowledge, which has bloomed into wisdom is
just learning how to remove the 'emotion' which gets in the
way, early on.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Intelligence is the ability to think rationally. Wisdom is the ability to apply the sum total of intelligence, experience, and what have you in the best manner.

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey
What is the connection between the two? Does wisdom have other ingredients besides intelligence?

you gave the answer when you asked ... yes, wisdom have other igredients besides intelligence ..wisdom is the capability to manipulate intelligence in accordiance with wishes of both heart and brain equally in any case .Wisdom > intelligence.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think that intelligence, mixed with knowledge, which has bloomed into wisdom is
just learning how to remove the 'emotion' which gets in the
way, early on.

Yep, emotion screws up a lot of people and generally works in the opposite direction of wisdom. That's how these car salesmen get so rich and why when you are buying a car they like you to bring the "little woman" along.