Is Jesus A Prophet According To The Old Testament?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Is Jesus A Prophet According To The Old Testament?

When Jesus came down to save the Jews and was rejected is it because he did not act like a prophet of God because he did things that were contrary to the Torah or Jewish scripture?

Christianity is a multi-billion dollar worldwide industry.

Can anybody prove that Jesus was a true prophet using the Old Testament only?

Is there a possibility that Christianity is a purely fabricated religion that has a good story so people will give money to it?

People should know the truth

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The old testament is fabricated from ancient myths from Egypt, Babylon, Sumeria and Assyria. It was written while the Israelites were in captivity in Babylon. The Jesus myth is a similar construct from the ancient myths of Vishnu, Horus and Krishna.

Religion is big business but its days are numbered as people become more educated. Its relevance in this modern age is fading.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Jesus was NOT a prophet. He was, is and forever will be the Son of God.

There is one whose followers claim that he is a prophet, one who definitely was NOT a prophet, but a polygamist, pedophile terrorist.

Can't say who, for politcally correct reasons.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

There is one whose followers claim that he is a prophet, one who definitely was NOT a prophet, but a polygamist, pedophile terrorist.

Since when were you ever politically correct

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Since when were you ever politically correct"

I never was, never pretended to be and if you ever want to insult me, call me politically correct.

But knowing the murderous nature of Muslims, I did not want to take a chance of being tracked down and killed for saying what I dared to imply.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Your assertion is silly considering that the bible is full of polygamists, mass murderers and pedophiles and was written by a bunch of unknowns. Yet christians claim this completely unsubstantiated collection of contradictory texts is the word of god based on a need to believe it is.

In the original Greek texts, Jesus said "I am a son of god" and "We are all children of god." There is no mention in any of the early texts that state he was The Son of God. He was only deified three hundred years after the fact by the formation of the catholic church by Constantine.

The christian religion has no more basis in fact than the muslim religion, its authors no more valid than Mohammad. Neither has any relevance in the 21st century. Christianity, the catholic church and the muslim religion are dinosaurs that belong in the ridiculous creation museum.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Religion is big business but its days are numbered as people become more educated. Its relevance in this modern age is fading.

So, what are you saying, that those that believe in Jesus Christ are not educated?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So, what are you saying, that those that believe in Jesus Christ are not educated?
That would depend on your definition of education. Going to school is not education in my books. Personally investigating the validity of any given data is. Blind faith is not education. You can read the bible until the cows come home, but if you don't bother looking into the historical validity, the literature that shows that the book is indeed a fraudulent document, then you have neglected your responsibility to discover the truth. Nobody can give you the truth, you have to discover it. Looking at one source is a lazy way of educating oneself.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Those who claim or who others assert divinity on their behalf
Julius Caesar
Augustus Caesar
The Pharaohs of Egypt
Moctezuma
The Inca Kings
Hirohito
Hong Xuquan
Sathya Sai Baba
The Aga Khans
Etc.
Etc.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That would depend on your definition of education. Going to school is not education in my books. Personally investigating the validity of any given data is. Blind faith is not education. You can read the bible until the cows come home, but if you don't bother looking into the historical validity, the literature that shows that the book is indeed a fraudulent document, then you have neglected your responsibility to discover the truth. Nobody can give you the truth, you have to discover it. Looking at one source is a lazy way of educating oneself.

There's more to believing in God and Jesus Christ than reading a book written by men.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Don't you think that Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintoists all say the same thing? How come they came to a different place of understanding the divine?

Couldn't tell ya....you'd have to ask them..... but I doubt they could honestly answer the question either.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Couldn't tell ya....you'd have to ask them..... but I doubt they could honestly answer the question either.
I have asked those questions of Christians of many sects, Baha'i, JWs, Mormons, native Americans, Buddhists, Hindus and many others. The overwhelming majority were born into their religion. A significant minority converted. I asked them why and they all gave a similar story. They were lost (spiritually speaking) and asked their idea of the divine to help them find the truth and peace. "Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find."

So I looked into many of these seemingly differing religions to find a common denominator. What I found is that people can only understand the truth from the perspective of their experience and upbringing. It is not a far stretch for a Jew to become Christian or a Christian to become a Muslim if they have rejected their religion of birth. But few Christians become Hindu because it is too far removed from what is familiar. Buddhism is quite similar to Catholicism and many turn to it. Almost none of the above turn to Shintoism except for Buddhists, etc.

Many, like myself have opted out of the religious merry go round and have found solace within that doesn't require religion, gods or any other trappings of religion. But I am still curious as to why people need it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Many, like myself have opted out of the religious merry go round and have found solace within that doesn't require religion, gods or any other trappings of religion. But I am still curious as to why people need it.

I will lay odds that you are fooling yourself about the "no God" statement, but I'm not going to question or critisize your beliefs. It's not my place to do that, and this is where you and I diverbe big time, since you seem to feel it is your place to question and critisize others beliefs.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
One doesn't need divine to help them find their truth and peace in "Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find." The headgames we play on ourselves are the easiest to play for we know where we are easiest fooled. If we believe ... we have found it.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
The old testament is fabricated from ancient myths from Egypt, Babylon, Sumeria and Assyria. It was written while the Israelites were in captivity in Babylon. The Jesus myth is a similar construct from the ancient myths of Vishnu, Horus and Krishna.

Don’t forget the Hindu mythology, Cliffy; parts of the Old Testament were probably taken from Vedas and other ancient Hindu texts. I remember reading somewhere that Yahweh is mentioned in the Vedas. Another name for Yahweh (in the Vedas) is Agni, meaning the fire God (or the Sun).

Seeing that Christianity is descended from OT, it may well be that at its root; Christianity is Sun worship, and not Son worship.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I don’t think Old Testament regards Jesus as a Prophet. How can it, when Jesus wasn’t even born when OT was written? OT doesn’t even know of the existence of Jesus. OT does foretell coming of the Messiah, but according to Jews, Jesus is not that Messiah.

So I don’t think OT regards Jesus as a prophet. Christianity regards Jesus as a Messiah, not a Prophet. I think it is only Muslims who regard Jesus as a prophet (among a long line of Prophets, starting with Abraham and ending with Mohammed).