Is reincarnation real?

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I would lean to yes, and I am sure somehow we can remember. Until we do we will never know and will convieniantly forget when we come back 8O

To me it is just illogical to think we have one shot at life and thats it.
To prove it doesn't happen is seeing it with narrow a vision.
The belief in this tho is unimportant. Those that believe or the thought behind it is that this life now is the most important one.
Christian belief will deny this to the teeth as it throughs a wrench into there heaven and hell and eternal life concept.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Absolutely. When I was a kid I told stories about a "past life" I had with so much detail I think I freaked out my kindergarden teacher over it. So yeah, I absolutely believe it's possible.

Maybe it's a chance for us to fix the mistakes of our past lives, or to, as was mentioned in the video, have "closure" of whatever might have happened in that life.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Absolutely. When I was a kid I told stories about a "past life" I had with so much detail I think I freaked out my kindergarden teacher over it. So yeah, I absolutely believe it's possible.

Maybe it's a chance for us to fix the mistakes of our past lives, or to, as was mentioned in the video, have "closure" of whatever might have happened in that life.
that's cool. I would love that for myself

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
This ridiculous. How could this happen. I'm in shock really. All my experiences up to this point in my life has lead me to believe this could never happen. I never thought I would see the day that Fox news reported on something that didn't tow the bible-thumper republican line.

As far as reincarnation goes, I think anything is possible. It's a concept that leaves the door open to a universe that is multidimensional and far more vast and complex than we have even imagined.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Hindus certainly believe in incarnation, big time. Interestingly, so do the Mormons, after a fashion. I think they have a ritual whereby men (and men only, it is a very male centered religion, females are little better than animals, baby producing vehicles, in Mormonism) can bless their ancestors, to make sure that they go to Heaven.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

That is exactly what it is about. My last life was human but didn't last long. The one before that was a wolf. Appeared to be a gap of about 100 years between those two. Never went farther back

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
To take a "page from your book", show me the proof.

Now this is interesting. How do you prove that something doesn't exist?

As I said it's a nice story but aside from that there isn't any proof that this is a case of genuine reincarnation. Reincarnation being having lived before, ending that life permanantly and starting a new life as a different person.

I see people making claims in the clip, but other than that I don't see anything that constitutes solid proof of what they say.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec

As I said it's a nice story but aside from that there isn't any proof that this is a case of genuine reincarnation. Reincarnation being having lived before, ending that life permanantly and starting a new life as a different person.

I see people making claims in the clip, but other than that I don't see anything that constitutes solid proof of what they say.
Assuming that the accounts said are not a set up. If one was there to see the testamonies in person that would be great. But assuming everythin is on the up and up what more proof would you need?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Assuming that the accounts said are not a set up. If one was there to see the testamonies in person that would be great. But assuming everythin is on the up and up what more proof would you need?

Well if the kid was the genuine article he would be able to answer a series of questions designed to expose a fraud. I believe the James Randi Educational Foundation has the best chance for someone to show they are what they claim.

There is also a million dollars in it for them if the kid is the real deal.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Hindus certainly believe in incarnation, big time. Interestingly, so do the Mormons, after a fashion. I think they have a ritual whereby men (and men only, it is a very male centered religion, females are little better than animals, baby producing vehicles, in Mormonism) can bless their ancestors, to make sure that they go to Heaven.

I just emailed this to a co-worker of mine that is Mormon. He emailed me back to thank me for the morning giggles. I won't mention what he called Joey but I will say that I agree 100%.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

For all we know, the old pilots spirit was talking through the kid and they aren't the same people at all.