........we want to know .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Why do we want to know the truth about reincarnation, we want proof of the survival of the soul, we listen to the assertion of clairvoyants and to the conclusions of psychical research, but we never ask, never, how to live..... why ?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well, if a soul has to come back and enter every new life, then there must have been a stock pile of them to start off, hmmm, allready seems ludicrous. For every
new born to receive a soul from 'o u t t h e r e', then the pile must have been quite high to begin with. And, what about the ones that malfunction, I wonder if
they are given a tune-up, and thrown back onto the pile, or just disgarded. what
about the ones that don't want to go where they are told, do they have armed
guards shoving them toward 'their' person, and how do they all know where to go.
They must have had computers there long before we ever saw them, otherwise
they would never be able to keep track. The old ones coming from the dead bodies must have to be washed up and sterlized, lots of sickness going around,
never know what one might pick up from the old, and on to the new.
Busy busy busy. An ugly job, but someones got to do it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That's pretty funny there talloola.

But I have come across another possibility. Souls have people, sometimes many people in various geographical locations and historical time frames. The concept that a person has a soul is so old that no one questions it, but a soul having many people would account for what some people believe are "past life" experiences. They are possibly bleed throughs from another person in another time frame that is connected to them through the same soul.

Now, before Dex and other skeptics jump down my throat, I am not saying I believe this, just that it is an interesting theory to bring up instead of the tired old one. What I find fascinating is listening to other people's views of stuff and doing my own set of mental gymnastics on the issues. I don't particularly believe in anything but am willing to look at the possibility of just about anything. I find it sad that some people latch onto an idea and then cling to it and defend it and miss out on an amazing array of possibilities.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

But I have come across another possibility. Souls have people, sometimes many people in various geographical locations and historical time frames. The concept that a person has a soul is so old that no one questions it, but a soul having many people would account for what some people believe are "past life" experiences. They are possibly bleed throughs from another person in another time frame that is connected to them through the same soul.

Now, before Dex and other skeptics jump down my throat, I am not saying I believe this, just that it is an interesting theory to bring up instead of the tired old one. What I find fascinating is listening to other people's views of stuff and doing my own set of mental gymnastics on the issues. I don't particularly believe in anything but am willing to look at the possibility of just about anything. I find it sad that some people latch onto an idea and then cling to it and defend it and miss out on an amazing array of possibilities.
What about believing that families are forever? You die and your soul just waits for the time you are re-born and re-enters your body. You live and die over and over until you get it right. Then you stay in heaven forever. And Dex and anyone else who wants to can say all they want as I don't care. What is - is.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec

Cliffy just to add or parrallel that, What if we are all the same soul ? Time being linear only on this plane . We can comeback and play off each other or ourselves or ....

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
What about believing that families are forever? You die and your soul just waits for the time you are re-born and re-enters your body. You live and die over and over until you get it right. Then you stay in heaven forever. And Dex and anyone else who wants to can say all they want as I don't care. What is - is.
Belief is a choice , a feeling same as for the skeptic too. Just because you can't prove something it doesn't deny it. But in the end ....who really knows ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

I believe in reincarnation but not like most do. Earth is a school of sorts and once you graduate you move onto other levels of higher learning. Families can be significant and I have heard that each of us has a close inner circle of souls and that we change roles with each new incarnation, so that your husband in one life might be your daughter in another.

But the concept of linear time is unique to our species and has no relevance outside this realm of existence. So, from my understanding (at this point in time - subject to change with every new input of data) all time is simultaneous, there is no past or future, just parallel lives. The image I get is of the great cosmic mind having an idea and just like in a cartoon, a light bulb appears and everything that exists is contained in that flash of inspiration.

Or, like in Family Guy, god lights a fart and creates the Universe. Lots of possibilities, fun to speculate but in the end it is all just mental masturbation.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Even in hard science bizzare things happen ...Believe what you like ..If it helps you live a better life..

Have faith in the future..Anything is possible..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Even in hard science bizzare things happen ...Believe what you like ..If it helps you live a better life..

Have faith in the future..Anything is possible..

The future will happen if you have faith or not.

"What ever gets you through the night,
it's all right, it's all right!"

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

That concept would be good for a movie, you could make some money from the
book.