The sad pathetic religion of carnivory

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Carnivory is a funny thing in humans- how many times have you heard a person say "NO WAY I am giving up meat!!" or "I'd DIE without burgers and steak" and even the macho, grotesque "I like it to still be bleeding when I eat it"

Yes, it is indeed an illness, the desire to consume still-living or very recently dead animals is definite proof of mental illness. The very notion that some people actually believe they would DIE without a specific food item is psychosis on the worst level, as such a notion can easily be proved idiotic with literally thousands of real-life examples...

So where does this sickness come from??

I'm sure everyone knows someone afflicted with this crippling, stupid disorder, and I would like to hear your thoughts on why it happens and perhaps how it can be cured...

It's obviously founded on some sort of metaphysical level, as once you bring science into it, you will find that it has no elemental basis, it is simply a perverted need to feed on things that have been raised and killed for the enjoyment of the individual, there is absolutely NO element of "necessity" in the consumption of dead flesh, rather the need seems to be based in primitive ritual or outright ignorance of a rather formidable body of evidence

And please move this to WB or SC if necessary ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It seems to me that making your point about feeling his assertion in the other thread was stupid would have sufficed. Being a hypocrite and picking a fight with yet another thread doesn't really help much does it?

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Hell I'm as nutty as they come, merge, bake, trim and embellish as you see fit

I suppose I should have hit this angle in that thread now that I think even harder about it

And yes, calling people stupid when it's deserved sometime doesn't do the trick (them being actually stupid and all)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Hell I'm as nutty as they come, merge, bake, trim and embellish as you see fit

I suppose I should have hit this angle in that thread now that I think even harder about it

And yes, calling people stupid when it's deserved sometime doesn't do the trick (them being actually stupid and all)
soo umm your saying you just got a little smarter?

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
HAHA If I did it wasn't cos I just ate a hamburger or some such- the only path to actual brain development according to certain people who like anus on their heads (asshats btw)

I just realized that I could have posted this in the original thread but figured if someone can make a specious, insulting thread featuring what I can only hope is an artificial point of view and then pepper that thread with smugly phrased insults as to peoples intelligence etc based on their diet, I should have the right to do the same.

Only difference is I am actually posting this in hyperbolic jest, the "twin" thread seems to have been posted earnestly....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It seems there are different kinds of vegetarians. There are the ones that include eggs in their diet, others who have eggs as well as fish, others who have vegetables and grain, and others.
A little more info: What are the Different Kinds of Vegetarians?

Just as people have different reasons for being a vegetarian, there are different kinds of vegetarians. Some people are vegetarians for reasons relating to animal rights, some are "picky" or health-conscious eaters, and some are vegetarians for religious reasons. Some of the different kinds of vegetarians are lacto vegetarians, lacto-ovo vegetarians, pesca vegetarians, and vegans. None of these types of vegetarians eat meat or poultry; pesca vegetarians are the only vegetarians that eat fish.
Lacto vegetarians are vegetarians that eat dairy products however, they do not eat eggs. Lacto-ovo vegetarians are like lacto vegetarians, except they include eggs in their diet. Pesca vegetarians eat everything that lacto-ovo vegetarians do but they also consume fish.
Vegans differ from all the other types of vegetarians as they eat only plant based foods and consume no animal products of any kind. The vegan diet is the strictest vegetarian diet. Vegans must plan their diets carefully to ensure they get all of the nutrients they need each day. Vegans are typically prone to deficiencies in protein, calcium, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12.
Vegans can easily develop a protein deficiency because plant based proteins are incomplete proteins. Since the human body cannot manufacture all of the necessary amino acids to build proteins, we rely on food to supply our bodies with complete proteins. Animal protein sources are complete proteins as they contain all of the amino acids needed to build a protein strand. However, using a concept called complimentary proteins different plant foods can be combined to form complete proteins . Common complimentary protein combinations are grains plus beans or grains plus legumes. Rice and beans or a peanut butter sandwich are also complete proteins.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'd really like to know who practices this "religion of carnivory". With the exception of old Inuit tribes that had a carnivorous diet out of necessity, I don't believe I've heard of anybody choosing to be carnivorous. That would be as nutty as choosing to be a vegetarian. Humans are, after all, natural omnivores.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Right on Cannuck, people seem to have a hard time getting it through their heads that a balanced diet (meat, vegetables, grains, eggs, dairy and fruit) is the best and what is even more important that what you eat is getting lots of exercise.

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
It seems to me that we have had more food alerts and recalls on vegetable based products recently than meat based - We have bad tomatoes - bad spinach - Bad peanuts - Bad pistachios - product being recalled because it may have peanuts not listed on the ingredients - I do not know of any allergies to meat. Then there is the melamine that was added to pet food and baby food - We import fruit and vegetables from countries that have suspect drinking water - how secure is the water they are taking out of their rivers to grow these vegetables? Many chemicals that are banned in North America are still used in these foreign lands and the food inspection agencies have little funding to test for them or even know what may have been used on them.

As a side note - Remember when the tomatoes were taken off the menu at fast food restaraunts last year. Seems to me that we were short the tomato but paid the same price for the meal - and every one thought that the companies were doing the right thing while they pocketed that extra 10 cents they did not spend on tomatoes on your burger.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Right on Cannuck, people seem to have a hard time getting it through their heads that a balanced diet (meat, vegetables, grains, eggs, dairy and fruit) is the best and what is even more important that what you eat is getting lots of exercise.

Consider the structure of the teeth in your mouth... Incisors for 'cutting' or tearing and molars for crushing/mashing. No doubt that this supports the notion of being omnivores.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Vegetarians could be substituted for beef in an emergency. Make sure you have one when you go camping or hiking. Vegetarians save lives.

I usually take a white one and a black one. I've tried the Mexican vegetarians but they're much too hot for my liking.