Life after death

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
People hold different views on life after death. What's your own view on this? Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

First,there is no life without death :no death without life .
Second ,we are a spirit with a body ,not the other way around
Third, what dies is the body not the spirit .
Do I believe in heaven and /or hell?,No I don't.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
People hold different views on life after death. What's your own view on this? Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

Umm. Oxymoron.

If you are 'dead' then you are 'dead'. If there is 'life after death' then there is no death. If you have a life after death then how could death exist? You would have to 'transend' or somehow make your way to this other life.

Heaven and Hell?

Well there is just no accounting for what goes on in the speck that is the human brain. Really though if you go there after death then you aren't really dead are you? See above.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Umm. Oxymoron.

If you are 'dead' then you are 'dead'. If there is 'life after death' then there is no death. If you have a life after death then how could death exist? You would have to 'transend' or somehow make your way to this other life.

Heaven and Hell?

Well there is just no accounting for what goes on in the speck that is the human brain. Really though if you go there after death then you aren't really dead are you? See above.

You are in fine form today on all counts.
regards,
scratch

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Lots of life after death. Unfortunately, it just won't be yours. Heaven and hell exist on the same plane in this here and now. Life is either your heaven or your hell - depending entirely on your happiness in it.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Lots of life after death. Unfortunately, it just won't be yours. Heaven and hell exist on the same plane in this here and now. Life is either your heaven or your hell - depending entirely on your happiness in it.

It all happens right here.

moha66

Oct 19, 2008
Africa
lagouader.over-blog.com
You live and then you die. End of story.

Hi scratch! Here's a quick reply from the Heavens!

"And they say: There is naught but our life of the world; we die and we live, and naught destroyeth us save time; when they have no knowledge whatsoever of (all) that; they do but guess. And when Our clear revelations are recited unto them their only argument is that they say: Bring (back) our fathers then, if ye are truthful." (Al-Jathiya : 24-25)

"Doth he promise you that you, when ye are dead and have become dust and bones, will (again) be brought forth? Begone, begone, with that which ye are promised! There is naught but our life of the world; we die and we live, and we shall not be raised (again)." (Al-Muminun : 35-37)

"O mankind! if ye are in doubt concerning the Resurrection, then lo! We have created you from dust, then from a drop of seed, then from a clot, then from a little lump of flesh shapely and shapeless, that We may make (it) clean for you. And We cause what We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed time, and afterward We bring you forth as infants, then (give you growth) that ye attain your full strength. And among you there is he who dieth (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the most abject time of life, so that, after knowledge, he knoweth naught. And thou (Muhammad) seest the earth barren, but when We send down water thereon, it doth thrill and swell and Put forth every lovely kind (of growth). That is because Allah, He is the Truth. Lo! He quickeneth the dead, and lo! He is Able to do all things; And because the Hour will come, there is no doubt thereof; and because Allah will raise those who are in the graves." (Al-Hajj : 5-7)

"Praise be to Allah, unto Whom belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. His is the praise in the Hereafter, and He is the Wise, the Aware. He knoweth that which goeth down into the earth and that which cometh forth from it, and that which descendeth from the heaven and that which ascendeth into it. He is the Merciful, the Forgiving. Those who disbelieve say: The Hour will never come unto us. Say: Nay, by my Lord, but it is coming unto you surely. (He is) the Knower of the Unseen. Not an atom's weight, or less than that or greater, escapeth Him in the heavens or in the earth, but it is in a clear Record, That He may reward those who believe and do good works. For them is pardon and a rich provision." (Saba : 1-4)

"And with Him are the keys of the invisible. None but He knoweth them. And He knoweth what is in the land and the sea. Not a leaf falleth but He knoweth it, not a grain amid the darkness of the earth, naught of wet or dry but (it is noted) in a clear record." (Al-An'am : 59)

ahmadabdalrhman

Electoral Member
Sep 14, 2008
www.watchislam.com
so..........

Sahih International: Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people, and what Allah has sent down from the heavens of rain, giving life thereby to the earth after its lifelessness and dispersing therein every [kind of] moving creature, and [His] directing of the winds and the clouds controlled between the heaven and the earth are signs for a people who use reason.

Sahih International: O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous -

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
Heaven and hell? An age old subject.
Seems every generation has to deal with it individually.

Since you asked, well I must put in my two cents worth.

Assuming, as many do that there is no God,then this subject is not worth their time to refute it.
But for those of us who do believe in heaven and a hell must make an attempt to explain our position.

Throughout the ages of human existence, God has hidden Himself all except for selected few prophets and or visions given to a selected few as a means of guidance.

It is evident to the primitive humans who painted pictures on the walls in caves concerning their vision of spiritual entities to whom they felt a need to give diligence to.

And to the Indians who not having any written knowledge of who or what God is, themselves new and felt a kingship association with the spiritual via who they selected of material images to represent it. (Trees, wolves, Sun, Moon etc)

But today, because of the bible, the Koran and other old religious writings, we have without excuse knowledge of the all Mighty God.

Definition of God is however, defined in various terms yet still the same God.

Heaven then, to me means a better place where suffering no longer exists and individual responsibility to God are volunteered willingly and without reservation.

A place where the trials of this life have given us an opportunity to learn responsibility, for who knows, we might be given a star as a planet to be governor over.

As for hell, my once belief that it was a place where we would go if we denied the existence of God, is not any longer my view.

My current view stems from research, determination and prayer to arrive at a better conclusion for humanity's fate given that mankind was subjected to this environment without our permission.

Without permission, gives us a license to blame God for all the misfortunes that happen to humanity and or gives us the license to disbelieve that there does not a God exist.

That in itself is type of hell.

Hell is a description of a separation (Death) between God and humanity.

Separation, (termed hell) could only be bridged by the one who created that condition to start with.

We have no power to make that change (termed salvation from death) in the flesh save God Himself do it.

So weather one believes in God or not, hell remains the same to both with the exception that God can and will comfort us through our ordeal.

Peace>>>AJ

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I believe in death after life...

The concept of life after death is wishful thinking by those that want the option to **** things up this time around...

Non-commital if you ask me...

Live right the first time, and you won't have to wait til you die to receive the consolation prize...

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
I believe in death after life...

The concept of life after death is wishful thinking by those that want the option to **** things up this time around...

Non-commital if you ask me...

Live right the first time, and you won't have to wait til you die to receive the consolation prize...

To believe in death after life is what you would have if it were not for God providing the conditions by which you may receive the "gift" of life after death.

Can the purpose of this existence be seen in hope of a better life?
If this life is all there is, why do any good at all?
Why not be mean, mad murderous, selfish individuals with hope that this is all there is?

You do hold out hope for doing good as you stated above "is wishful thinking by those that want the option to **** things up this time around..." is basically saying that this life is good and the believers are messing it up.

Obviously, noted in the rise and fall of nations and races, is that nations fall for their greed, immorality and lack of respect for individual freedoms.

Even nations such as the Roman empire fell because of corruption from within.

Godly nations fell and still do fall as well without exception to the ungodliness of its leaders and or its peoples.

Peace>>>AJ