2 steps back...moving forward?

jellyfarm

Electoral Member
Hi all!

Hey you know how people always say that you gotta sometimes take 2 steps back in order to move forward.

Well, I'm wondering if any of you have got positive stories to share with regards to this philosophy and if it has made the change for you in your career largely or relationships.

Please share. I'm waiting to read your accounts!:lol:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Hi all!

Hey you know how people always say that you gotta sometimes take 2 steps back in order to move forward.

Well, I'm wondering if any of you have got positive stories to share with regards to this philosophy and if it has made the change for you in your career largely or relationships.

Please share. I'm waiting to read your accounts!:lol:

I wish I could relate a positive story, but on two occasions I did that , for the same reason and neither time did it work. SORRY!!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
How about a situation where you were dating someone who continually took you for granted, attempted to control what you liked and didn't, you never really had anything in relation to one another except a few little things you thought would bring you through a relationship but now realize never really mattered in the long run.

Life pretty well sucks day in and day out, but you're acustomed to the routine, your bills are being paid off, you're surviving..... there's worse people out there, so why risk losing this sort of security? Because it's slowly rotting away at your mind and well being, that's why. The longer you two stay together, the worse both of you will become to one another.

One solution would be to break up the situation, foce one or the other to move out. More stress and work will come your way in this matter, which could be the two steps back part.... not to mention perhaps not having some of the things you are used to being around you anymore, the esteme is pretty low, and the future it unknown......

But now you know what to look out for to avoid this situation again, you build up your self-esteme again, you grow your independance back, you realize you can do it, and do it better this time around.... and then you do, and not only do you get the things back you originally liked in the previous relationship, you also avoided the bad things, and turned those problems into good experiences by your new partner that you both enjoy, and hence.... you move forward again, where as before, you might have chopped up your partner, stored them in freezer bags in a deep freeze in your basement, and then you goto jail for the rest of your life....... fifteen steps back then.

--------------------------------------

Or as another example, you are on your way to the hospital because you cut yourself pretty bad with a knife while making dinner..... along the way to the hospital, you walk straight into a low hanging tree branch and jam it into your eyeball.

Now in order to get to the hospital quicker to fix both these problems, you have to take two steps back to pull the branch out of your eye..... then you can take a step forward closer to the hospital.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
How about a situation where you were dating someone who continually took you for granted, attempted to control what you liked and didn't, you never really had anything in relation to one another except a few little things you thought would bring you through a relationship but now realize never really mattered in the long run.

Life pretty well sucks day in and day out, but you're acustomed to the routine, your bills are being paid off, you're surviving..... there's worse people out there, so why risk losing this sort of security? Because it's slowly rotting away at your mind and well being, that's why. The longer you two stay together, the worse both of you will become to one another.

One solution would be to break up the situation, foce one or the other to move out. More stress and work will come your way in this matter, which could be the two steps back part.... not to mention perhaps not having some of the things you are used to being around you anymore, the esteme is pretty low, and the future it unknown......

But now you know what to look out for to avoid this situation again, you build up your self-esteme again, you grow your independance back, you realize you can do it, and do it better this time around.... and then you do, and not only do you get the things back you originally liked in the previous relationship, you also avoided the bad things, and turned those problems into good experiences by your new partner that you both enjoy, and hence.... you move forward again, where as before, you might have chopped up your partner, stored them in freezer bags in a deep freeze in your basement, and then you goto jail for the rest of your life....... fifteen steps back then.

--------------------------------------

Or as another example, you are on your way to the hospital because you cut yourself pretty bad with a knife while making dinner..... along the way to the hospital, you walk straight into a low hanging tree branch and jam it into your eyeball.

Now in order to get to the hospital quicker to fix both these problems, you have to take two steps back to pull the branch out of your eye..... then you can take a step forward closer to the hospital.

Prax, priceless!

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
jesus trust prax and scratch to attempt to look smart again with too much BS in their face....2 millenium steps backwards fer yer trolls! NEXT!!

yawn...

Sorry if you feel offended. Actually I complimented you on giving me an idea!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
jesus trust prax and scratch to attempt to look smart again with too much BS in their face....2 millenium steps backwards fer yer trolls! NEXT!!

yawn...

Hey you asked, I gave you a straight forward, god damn situation in my own past, then I threw in something for a light hearted laugh.... if you can't deal with it, then don't ask the damn question if you don't want a response.

2 steps back for your own understanding, ungreatful ass.

At least you got some responses for your question.

Added:

"Well, I'm wondering if any of you have got positive stories to share with regards to this philosophy and if it has made the change for you in your career largely or relationships."

I responded with:

"How about a situation where you were dating someone who continually took you for granted, attempted to control what you liked and didn't, you never really had anything in relation to one another except a few little things you thought would bring you through a relationship but now realize never really mattered in the long run.

But now you know what to look out for to avoid this situation again, you build up your self-esteme again, you grow your independance back, you realize you can do it, and do it better this time around.... and then you do, and not only do you get the things back you originally liked in the previous relationship, you also avoided the bad things, and turned those problems into good experiences by your new partner that you both enjoy, and hence.... you move forward again...."

By all means, explain to me how the fuc I just trolled your precious little thread when I responded exactly as you requested?

Fk'n ingrates.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
praxius, i said +ve responses not -ve
read the OP

Awww, I'm supposed to be grateful for online responses?
Puh-lease! How funny.

If you opened your damn eyes, you would realize it was a positive example, not a negative.... and considdering the topic in question, you can't talk about it unless you present the negative in the first place (Being the 2 steps back) and then the positive (being the 1 step forward)

Hell, if you can't even understand your own question being presented, you're more lost then I originally thought..... not like I care.

And since you don't care either, I'll just leave you with your loneliness and isolation you're currently experiencing in your life...... enjoy your nothingness you created for yourself.... I ain't got a lick of sympathy for you.

four more steps back.