The 6 Grand Illusions That Keep Us Enslaved

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

For a magician to fool his audience his deceit must go unseen, and to this end he crafts an illusion to avert attention from reality. While the audience is entranced, the deceptive act is committed, and for the fool, reality then becomes inexplicably built upon on a lie. That is, until the fool wakes up and recognizes the truth in the fact that he has been duped.
Maintaining the suspension of disbelief in the illusion, however, is often more comforting than acknowledging the magician’s secrets.
We live in a world of illusion. So many of the concerns that occupy the mind and the tasks that fill the calendar arise from planted impulses to become someone or something that we are not. This is no accident. As we are indoctrinated into this authoritarian-corporate-consumer culture that now dominates the human race, we are trained that certain aspects of our society are untouchable truths, and that particular ways of being and behaving are preferred.
Psychopaths disempower people in this way. They blind us with never ceasing barrages of suggestions and absolutes that are aimed at shattering self-confidence and confidence in the future.

The 6 Grand Illusions That Keep Us Enslaved

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
The grandest illusion?

Handing my wife the credit card for a 'little outing', then getting a bill at the end of the month that would make a drunken sailor blush.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
We only have one credit card, in my name...

But at least I never have to buy my wife a watch. There's a clock on the stove. ;)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Cliffy still believes in the illusion he has enough brains to understand whats going on. :laughing3: