The 6 Grand Illusions That Keep Us Enslaved

Cliffy
+2
#1  Top Rated Post

For a magician to fool his audience his deceit must go unseen, and to this end he crafts an illusion to avert attention from reality. While the audience is entranced, the deceptive act is committed, and for the fool, reality then becomes inexplicably built upon on a lie. That is, until the fool wakes up and recognizes the truth in the fact that he has been duped.
Maintaining the suspension of disbelief in the illusion, however, is often more comforting than acknowledging the magicianís secrets.
We live in a world of illusion. So many of the concerns that occupy the mind and the tasks that fill the calendar arise from planted impulses to become someone or something that we are not. This is no accident. As we are indoctrinated into this authoritarian-corporate-consumer culture that now dominates the human race, we are trained that certain aspects of our society are untouchable truths, and that particular ways of being and behaving are preferred.
Psychopaths (external - login to view) disempower people in this way. They blind us with never ceasing barrages of suggestions and absolutes that are aimed at shattering self-confidence and confidence in the future.

The 6 Grand Illusions That Keep Us Enslaved (external - login to view)

darkbeaver
"Settled science". An oxymoronic tidbit.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

"Settled science". An oxymoronic tidbit.

Is that the only thing you gleaned from that?

darkbeaver
There's only one grand illusion. These others are subsidiary. All very old stuff, no one here should be surprised Cliffy.

Still good to be reminded every day.

Hoof Hearted
+1
The grandest illusion?

Handing my wife the credit card for a 'little outing', then getting a bill at the end of the month that would make a drunken sailor blush.

darkbeaver
+2
That poor woman is chained to you by a credit card? Why is she not allowed unrestricted access to your account? You do love her don't you?

Hoof Hearted
+1
We only have one credit card, in my name...

But at least I never have to buy my wife a watch. There's a clock on the stove.

taxslave
+1
The only "grand illusion" is the one the freeloaders think hard working taxpayers are going to support them forever.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof HeartedView Post

We only have one credit card, in my name...

But at least I never have to buy my wife a watch. There's a clock on the stove.

As long as she's happy.

Remington1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof HeartedView Post

The grandest illusion?

Handing my wife the credit card for a 'little outing', then getting a bill at the end of the month that would make a drunken sailor blush.

Doesn't she have her own??

Angstrom
Cliffy still believes in the illusion he has enough brains to understand whats going on.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

Cliffy still believes in the illusion he has enough brains to understand whats going on.

All fringe dwellers have the same issues. That's why Trumpites are just as stupid as SJWs

Cliffy
I like how everybody avoided the subject and diverted attention elsewhere. Mighty adult of you slaves.