Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to co

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Are religions that use military power instead of moral authority and persuasion to convert us, worthy of us?

I was reading of my Gnostic Christian history, --- which grew itself without violence and with moral authority, --- and noted that both Christianity and Islam have both grown themselves through military conquest as compared to moral authority gained by persuasion.

We have had to suffer many Holy Wars, Inquisitions and jihads instead of those religions winning us over by good deeds and a better moral code.

Both Islam and Christianity say they respect Jesus and he said that we would recognize his people by their good deed, not war, so I think that Jesus would condemn both Christianity and especially Islam, given that they are both homophobic and misogynous religions who refuse to grant gays and women full equality. Christianity is slowly moving to equality while Islam is not.

Further, most religious laws have been bested by secular humanist laws, thanks to equality provisions and have already rejected the laws of those immoral Gods and their religions.

Given that violence instead of a better moral code has been used to grow Christianity and Islam, should moral people reject both Islam and Christianity as unfit to convert us to their religions?

Regards
DL

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Faith should be a personal thing. What religious nuts haven't figured out is what works for them doesn't necessarily work for someone else. It's like a Ford guy declaring war on Chevy....

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Faith should be a personal thing. What religious nuts haven't figured out is what works for them doesn't necessarily work for someone else. It's like a Ford guy declaring war on Chevy....

I agree that faith is a personal thing.

That does not answer my question or the morality involved though.

Please try again.

Regards
DL

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Most Christians and Muslims are kind, gentle people who try to live by their beliefs. It is only a radical few who are militant about shoving their beliefs down everybody's throats. Moral superiority is an oxymoron when wielded by radicals who, for the most part, have no idea what the teachings are about. They run on fear, hatred and ignorance.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Most Christians and Muslims are kind, gentle people who try to live by their beliefs. It is only a radical few who are militant about shoving their beliefs down everybody's throats. Moral superiority is an oxymoron when wielded by radicals who, for the most part, have no idea what the teachings are about. They run on fear, hatred and ignorance.

I do not agree with your use of most. This link shows why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pSPvnFDDQHk

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
You have it backwards, it is the military that uses religion to control the citizens.

The governments Noble Lie that religions are worthy continues for sure.

Sssshhh. Do not let Joe average know.

Regards
DL