A soora with so many jewels

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Soora 38
(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)​

[When the Prophet came to the tribe of Quraish and told them about his message, and invited them to worship God alone and forsake the worshipping of the idols, they denied and mocked him.

Therefore, God – be glorified – revealed this aya confirming the Prophet:]

1. (Şsad):

(or Truthful) [i.e. Mohammed is truthful.]
a

[I swear] (by the Quran with its admonitions b!)

[Then God – be glorified – told His messenger about the arrogance of those associaters and their haughtiness and refusal to believe and submit to God, and He said:]

2. But [actually] the unbelievers are on arrogance and contradiction.

1 a With his words, and is not a liar as do you claim.
Then God – be glorified – swore by the Quran about the truthfulness of Mohammed, and He said:
1 b That Mohammed is truthful with his words, so follow him and do not deny his words.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_1
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_1

Here is the recitation of this amazing soora of the Glorious Quran:

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
[Afterwards, God – be glorified – started to threaten and terrify them, and He said:]

{ 3. And how many a generation before them We destroyed c; when [the earthquake seized them] they cried [: Run away from the city], but [the angel, sent for their destruction, said:] “It is not a time for escaping”d.

4. So they e wonder that a warner has come to them out of themselves; so the unbelievers say: "This is a sorcerer telling lies [: for he claimed the prophethood.]"}
.................................................................................

3 c i.e. the disbelieving nations of the past generations.
3 d i.e. it is not a time for escaping neither is it for visiting [the shrines and tombs], but it is a time of destruction.

Similar to it in meaning is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 21: 12-13, which means:
(Yet, when they perceived Our might, behold, they [tried to] run out of the [city.]
[The angels said to them, mocking:] "Run not; Return to [the wealth with] which you were prosperous, and to your dwelling-places; that you may be questioned [about your wealth: who bestowed it on you: We or your idols?]"
)

The explanation of this is that the associaters whom God described in this aya: when the earthquake occurred in their city, they started to run away from it, but the earthquake hastened to destroy their city on them so that they died under the wreck.

4 e i.e. of Quraish tribesmen.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly (died in the year 1991)
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_3
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_3

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
[When Omar the son of Khattab converted, it was so troublesome to Quraish; therefore, they gathered to meet Abu Talib and ask the Prophet to leave them and what they worshipped, and they then would leave him and what he worshipped.

Abu Talib then sent for him, and the Prophet came and said: “I ask them for one word by means of which the Arab will submit to them, and the non-Arab give tribute.”

They said: “We may give you ten words, so what is such word?”

He said: “You should say: No god but God!”

So they went away, saying:]

5. "Has he made [all] the gods into One God? This indeed is a very astonishing thing."

6. And the chiefs of them f departed g [and said to each other:] "Go and be constant to [worship] your gods h; [for] this is a thing binding [on us.]"

7. “We have not heard of anything like this in any previous creed; this i surely is [something] invented [by Mohammed.]” j

8. "So has the 'admonition' [: the Quran] been revealed to him exclusive of us?"k

[So God – be glorified – said:]

But actually they are in doubt of My admonition l.

In fact they have not yet suffered My chastisement m.
.................................................................................

6 f i.e. of Quraish tribesmen.
6 g From their meeting with Abu Talib.
6 h And do not listen to the words of Mohammed.

7 i Saying of Mohammed.
7 j i.e. new words and lies which he wants to force them on us.

It means: We did not hear about the people of the other religions that they rejected the statues, but only the new religion brought by Mohammed; for:
Christians have the statue of Mary and the statue of Jesus which is the cross,
and Jews have the statues of the angels having wings which they call the cherubim, in addition to the two gold calf statues which they worshipped in the past; moreover they worshipped the stone statues which they called the Baalim and Ashtaroth.
So likewise we [the Arab] also take statues of the angels to sanctify them in order that the angels will intercede for us before God.

8 k It means: Has the 'admonition' been revealed to him out of all of us, while among us there are the richer, greater and stronger than he is, and nothing has been revealed to them; so how has it been revealed to Mohammed the poor orphan?
8 l i.e. they said such words only because they doubt about the Quran.
8 m At that time, their doubt will go away. It means: When they die and suffer the chastisement of the Afterlife, at that time they will believe when their belief will not profit them.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_3
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_3

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
My wife is an old woman, and now she is dead.

Here the time now is after midnight, and I have to go now.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

selfsame obviously doesn't care about religion. This is about money. He gets paid piece work. For every BS aya or story he posts, he gets paid in goats.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
{Quran 38: 10. Or have they the ownership of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them q?
Hence r let them come up [to Us] by the means [leading up to heaven] s

11. Whatever hosts [of the idols and of Satan] of those rallied [against you, Mohammed] will [certainly] be defeated there t [before you, as were defeated those ancients who rallied against their messengers.]}

10 q So they object to Us about giving the prophet-hood to Mohammed.
10 r If they have any ownership of that.
10 s In order to demand their rights in the prophecy.

11 t In the known time and place.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_9
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_9

======================================================================

12. Before them the people of Noah denied, and [the tribe of] Aad and Pharaoh with his stakes u [with which he tortured the believers.]

13. And [the tribe of] Thamood v, Lot's people and the people of the [miraculous] Tree [of Midian w]; those were the allies [against their prophets x.]

14. Not one [of them] but denied the messengers, so My punishment came justly and inevitably [on them.]y

12 u Pharaoh used to fix the stakes in the ground and tie the extremities of anyone whom he wanted to torture, and leave him laid on the ground in the sun in summer time without water or food until he would die.

13 v They were Salih’s people.
13 w They were the people of Shu’aib. It has been explained about ‘ the tree’, in the interpretation of the Quran, chapter 26 and chapter 15.
It was the miracle of Shu’aib: a dead tree to which he gave water, and so he revived it by God’s leave.
13 x With their power and numeracy; and in spite of that, We destroyed them; then how about such that are less than they were in wealth and power.

14 y So My punishment was due for them because of their denying My messengers :) or apostles.)

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_12
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_12

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
15. But these [associaters] await nothing other than [a raid of Muslims, against them, shouting with] one cry a, after which they will have no dominion b.

15 a i.e. a raid with which the Muslims attack them; it means: one attack, when their shouting is that they say: Allahu Akbar: i.e. God is Most Great.

15 b i.e. following that raid, there will not be any dominion of the associaters over the Muslims afterwards.
That battle was on the day of conquering Mecca, after which the associaters did not have any dominion over the Muslims.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_15
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_15

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Okay, this one made me laugh. I mean, it really made me laugh. Allah, the exploding bowling ball.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
[When the associaters heard the saying of God – be glorified – in the Quran 22: 19, which means:

(As for those who disbelieve, for them garments of fire shall be cut out, and there shall be poured over their heads boiling liquid.)

The associaters started to laugh, and one of them said: “How can garments be made of fire!?”

Another one said: “God, hasten to give us a piece of it, which we may wear in the war instead of the shield, so as to scare the enemy with it!”

Therefore, this aya was revealed:]

Quran 38: 16. And they say: "Our Lord, hasten to us our portion [of such pieces of the fire garments] before the Day of Judgment. c "}

16 c i.e. in the life of the World, before the Next Life.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/38.htm#a38_16
quran-ayat(dot)com/pret/38(dot)htm#a38_16