Divorce

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
How many of have had the same partner in your life? I admire those that do. I failed at it for one reason or another and it is one of my regrets. You're a family man one moment, and then you're not. And for some the experience can cause an emotional breakdown. Doesn't seem to bother most people that way though. Divorce sucks.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
How many of have had the same partner in your life? I admire those that do. I failed at it for one reason or another and it is one of my regrets. You're a family man one moment, and then you're not. And for some the experience can cause an emotional breakdown. Doesn't seem to bother most people that way though. Divorce sucks.

yes I certainly can imagine how it sucks, I can't imagine going thru that type of break up.

I was married for 58 years on sept 27 of this year, my husband passed away on sept 3 of this year,

another horrible thing to go thru, its going to take a long time for me.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Condolences, I can not even imagine my life without my wife, and for us it's only been 28 years so far.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Condolences, I can not even imagine my life without my wife, and for us it's only been 28 years so far.

Forty four years here, just lucky to have had a patient wife- not sure if we'll make another 44.

yes I certainly can imagine how it sucks, I can't imagine going thru that type of break up.

I was married for 58 years on sept 27 of this year, my husband passed away on sept 3 of this year,

That is terrible, I'm so sorry. At times like this there is just not much you should say.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
We're at 40 working on 41. Before the event, if you had told me that I would marry and then still be in the same relationship 40 years down the road. I would have laughed like crazy - me?? married? ha ha ha. Well since then I've learnt never to say never LOL

Dixie

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We're at 40 working on 41. Before the event, if you had told me that I would marry and then still be in the same relationship 40 years down the road. I would have laughed like crazy - me?? married? ha ha ha. Well since then I've learnt never to say never LOL

Dixie
Happy for you, Dix.

And taloola, I'm happy for you too. Sorry you lost him, but pleased you had such a fine person to share your life with, and standing in slack-jawed wonder at the work you did, and the wisdom you gained, in making it that long.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County

It sure must suck, never been through it first hand but have worked with many folks during their recovery. The closest I've been was watching my brother go through it, and they had a young daughter. It was tough on all of us, but mostly my parents having to watch as his ex and her new beau were preparing to move to Korea with their only granddaughter. At least my brother re-bounded and re-married but Dad passed away not too long after that. They're still together some 33 years later.

My condolences, very sorry to hear that. We know its something that's going to happen and one is going to be left behind. I guess its nothing you can really prepare for. I wish I could offer words of advice ore comfort but everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time. Take care.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Mom and Dad hit 60 in September - still married, still very much devoted to each other but haven't shared a home since Alzheimers rained on the sunshine.

I made it 14 years with "the wife from Hell". It was only when I started wondering if "until death do us part" thing still counted if one of us were the medium by which death was introduced that we split. We became very close friends a few years after the divorce. I lost her forever ten years ago when cancer took her.

In my opinion, though death is permanent, you're not going to meet on the street or in the vegetable section or anywhere else and feel your heart be torn again

Last edited:

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County

Dixie

Good for you. My wife married at a young age but at least that ended somewhat amicably and they didn't have kids, Whew!. But she had pretty much sworn off men and I had sworn off serious relationships years before that after one ended abruptly, (though I never was married). We met in Northern Saskatchewan at a rather late age for both of us, we have since moved seven times, including to the East Coast and back. Sure there have been spats, we've each had time outs, (a walk along the grids or railroad tracks are a good way to clear your mind). We celebrated our 32nd in Radium Hot Springs last month and are expecting our 2nd granddaughter in a couple weeks. Yeah, crazy huh?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Condolences Ludlow and talloola for different reasons.

16 years myself. My first marriage, my wife's third. Not a smooth ride all the time but I wouldn't change it even if I could.

50% of marriages don't work though so divorce is not something to be ashamed of.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Happy for you, Dix.

And taloola, I'm happy for you too. Sorry you lost him, but pleased you had such a fine person to share your life with, and standing in slack-jawed wonder at the work you did, and the wisdom you gained, in making it that long.

thank you so much, he was a fine person, he's just around the corner, and will always be close by.

I'm learning now, how to manage a life by myself, I will do it, I will be fine, but It won't happen

quickly.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
thank you so much, he was a fine person, he's just around the corner, and will always be close by.

I'm learning now, how to manage a life by myself, I will do it, I will be fine, but It won't happen

quickly.
They say divorce is like the death of a spouse. I was married just shy of 30 years. I was a family man one day, and the next day I wasn't. Things have been surreal to me since. I thank God for my kids who've stuck by me through this. That was in 2006. It has taken this long to feel somewhat normal emotionally. You'll make it Talloola it just takes some time to cope and adjust.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
They say divorce is like the death of a spouse. I was married just shy of 30 years. I was a family man one day, and the next day I wasn't. Things have been surreal to me since. I thank God for my kids who've stuck by me through this. That was in 2006. It has taken this long to feel somewhat normal emotionally. You'll make it Talloola it just takes some time to cope and adjust.

I certainly agree with you concerning the kids, my 4 daughters are right beside me every step, always

there, always in contact, and without them my life would be much more lonely right now, they are making

sure I'm ok, and the grandchildren too, they are all quite a team, the amazing strength of the family,

that's what its all about.