We believe in the revelation to all the prophets without exception

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
We believe in the Quran that was revealed to us, and in what had been revealed to Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and his sons, the Ten Commandments and the Torah revealed to Moses, the Psalms of David, the books of the prophets revealed to them from their Lord, and the Gospel revealed to Jesus the son of Mary and the apostles.

Quran 3: 84, which means:
{Say [Mohammed] "We believe in God [alone, and we assign no associate with Him],

and in what [revelation] has been revealed to us,

and that revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Tribes [: sons of Prophet Jacob]

and the [books and miracles] which Moses and Jesus and [the revelations and proofs which] the prophets received from their Lord;

we make no discrimination between anyone of them
e, and to Him we have submitted [ourselves f.]"}

84 e As you discriminated, O Jews, when you denied Jesus and Mohammed.
84 f In compliance to His commands.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_84
quran-ayat(dot)com

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The aya before this one:

{3: 83. What [religion], other than the religion of God, is that these [Jews and Christians] crave a,
while to Him is resigned whosoever is in "the heavens and the earth" [: the planets including the earth
b], willingly or unwillingly c, and to His [judgment] shall they return [after death d]!?}

83 a In spite of all these proofs and evidences indicating the truthfulness of Mohammed? Isn't God's religion "the exclusive devotion to Him alone" - to which He recommended all the prophets and apostles: to worship God alone and not to associate with Him any created thing nor any created being?

Didn't Mohammed bring the religion of "the exclusive devotion to God alone" and to discard the idols and the rivals or peers?

Can they find any religion better than the religion of "the exclusive devotion to God alone"?

83 b i.e. all the inhabitants of the planets including the earth submit themselves to this religion and admit that God is One, to Whom the exclusive devotion is due.

83 c i.e. some of them submit themselves willingly of their own accord, and others submit themselves after their death when the truth becomes evident to them and they see the angels and the punishment, so they submit loathly.

83 d So He will punish them according to their disbelief and association.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_83
quran-ayat(dot)com

Just because you believe something to be true, doesn't make it true. It is just you opinion.

Such are the excuses of disbelievers to ignore the truth.
Have you read it or you just said this without studying the subject?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I think for myself, but I find the truth in the Quran and so I have believed.

Do you yourself think, or just you deny with your stubbornness?

==================================================================

That was before the aya 3: 84; now this is the aya following it:

Quran 3: 85, which means:
{Anyone seeks any religion, other than the Islam, [his righteous work] will not be accepted from him [because the past religions were altered g],
and he shall, in the Next Life, be of those who lose [the prosperity of Paradise.
h]}

85 g By the hand of the ‘chiefs of sects’ and by the ‘scholars of error and misguidance’; so that they changed and altered with their desires, and then said: This is what God commanded and instructed in His Torah; but they were liars against God, for the purpose of their personal advantages and for the wealth and position.

While the Islam religion is the true religion which God commanded people to follow in the past and at the present time, because it is the standard religion till Doomsday; and its followers do not worship idols as did you, Jews, worship, and as did you, Christians, claim about the Trinity, while Muslims exclusively devote themselves to God alone.

85 h So that anyone seeks any religion other than the Islam, will lose the prosperity of Paradise.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_85
quran-ayat(dot)com

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I think for myself, but I find the truth in the Quran and so I have believed.

Do you yourself think, or just you deny with your stubbornness?
I have my own faith. It comes from studying many religions and spiritual teachings and my personal experiences with the divine. You should try it some time. There is much more to life than can be contained in one book.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I have my own faith. It comes from studying many religions and spiritual teachings and my personal experiences with the divine. You should try it some time. There is much more to life than can be contained in one book.

Do you think that the belief is only according to the logical thinking and is based on much knowledge or on science degree?
No, it is not.

The guidance is by God's hand; the truth is evidently obvious, but if God wants to guide anyone who is worthy of the guidance and who is prepared for the guidance .. this one God guides, and he will be guided rightly.

While if one is not guided by God, who does not deserve the guidance .. this one God will not guide.

The guided is the kind-hearted who helps people specially the weak and the poor.
While the one who is not guided: he is the wrong-doer .. so this one will not be guided whatever you explain to him.
Get it?

See this aya of the Quran 4: 88, which means:
{How is it with you [Muslims] that you have become two parties [with two opinions] concerning the hypocrites a,

while in fact God has immersed them [in their sins
b] because of [their transgression on people and the sins] that they earned?

Do you [Muslims] desire [then] to guide [to the Islam and invite to it] those whom God has misguided [because of their wrong-doing]?

Whom God misguides [from the way of truth], you [men] will not find for him any way [to be saved and be guided aright.]
}

88 a One party are certain that those men are disbelievers, and the other party are certain that they have become Muslims.

Had they truly become Muslims, then they would have come back to you; but they in fact are disbelievers, so don't decide that they are Muslims.

88 b i.e. God has drowned them in their sins and transgression.

Bla bla bla! Do you ever think for yourself?

Where is Ludlow? Is he in vacancy?
And you substitute him concerning his duty? :laughing6:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Do you think that the belief is only according to the logical thinking and is based on much knowledge or on science degree?
No, it is not.
No, it is based on a person's relationship with his/her maker (however you perceive that to be). The truth cannot be contained in words. The truth is in the heart and cannot be translated to vocabulary because words are open to translation and interpretation. The truth can only be experienced.

Same as if you don't believe something I suppose.
A friend asked the other day, "when does a thought cease to be a thought and become an opinion?" I said. "when it leaves your lips".

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We believe in the Quran that was revealed to us, and in what had been revealed to Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob and his sons, the Ten Commandments and the Torah revealed to Moses, the Psalms of David, the books of the prophets revealed to them from their Lord, and the Gospel revealed to Jesus the son of Mary and the apostles.

Quran 3: 84, which means:
{Say [Mohammed] "We believe in God [alone, and we assign no associate with Him],

and in what [revelation] has been revealed to us,

and that revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Tribes [: sons of Prophet Jacob]

and the [books and miracles] which Moses and Jesus and [the revelations and proofs which] the prophets received from their Lord;

we make no discrimination between anyone of them
e, and to Him we have submitted [ourselves f.]"}

84 e As you discriminated, O Jews, when you denied Jesus and Mohammed.
84 f In compliance to His commands.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_84
quran-ayat(dot)com

You are an idiot.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
No, it is based on a person's relationship with his/her maker (however you perceive that to be). The truth cannot be contained in words. The truth is in the heart and cannot be translated to vocabulary because words are open to translation and interpretation. The truth can only be experienced.

A friend asked the other day, "when does a thought cease to be a thought and become an opinion?" I said. "when it leaves your lips".

This is not very correct.
Unless you admit the truth, it does not mean you adopt it.

E.g. when you eat or drink or have any bounty you should thank God for it, because man will be asked about the bounties did he show gratitude for them or not.
So once, I was with Abu abd-Allah, and I ate something or drank water I don't remember exactly .. so he said: I haven't heard you say: Thanks to God!
I said: I do thank God always (I meant by that that I believe and my condition implies that I admit the gratitude for God)
He said: No, you should utter it, so that if someone is near to you, he may also be reminded to thank God.

Then I understood it: the angel who writes the deeds of man: how can he write it unless you utter it!?

But of course, to remember God within the heart, is very good; the man who works righteous deeds, like spending a schilling in secret for the sake of God, he will go to Paradise in heaven.

While the one who spends a million dollar publicly; it is not necessarily he will go to Paradise; I read this in the interpretation of the Quran.

quran-ayat(dot)com

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

E.g. when you eat or drink or have any bounty you should thank God for it, because man will be asked about the bounties did he show gratitude for them or not.
So once, I was with Abu abd-Allah, and I ate something or drank water I don't remember exactly .. so he said: I haven't heard you say: Thanks to God!
I said: I do thank God always (I meant by that that I believe and my condition implies that I admit the gratitude for God)
He said: No, you should utter it, so that if someone is near to you, he may also be reminded to thank God.

Then I understood it: the angel who writes the deeds of man: how can he write it unless you utter it!?

But of course, to remember God within the heart, is very good; the man who works righteous deeds, like spending a schilling in secret for the sake of God, he will be go to the Paradise in heaven.

While the one who spends a million dollar publicly; it is not necessarily he will go to Paradise; I read this in the interpretation of the Quran.

quran-ayat(dot)com
Did not Jesus chastise the Pharisees for making a public spectacle of their faith? It goes without saying that an attitude of gratitude is the best way to live your life. But saying it out loud is just grandstanding and is frowned upon by those who matter.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The righteous work and charity is secret is better than the work in public; but both are good; of course on condition that such public charity is nor for showing to others.

Quran 2: 271, which means:
{If you [believers] give [your] alms overtly, it will be excellent [to give the alms openly.]

But if you conceal them, and give them to the poor [in secret], it will be better for you [before God, than giving the alms overtly]: and [God] will delete for you [some] of your [venial] sins [because of your alms-giving];

for God is All-Aware of what you do [: so that He will reward you according to your acts.]
}

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/2.htm#a2_271
quran-ayat(dot)com

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
You are an idiot.

You won't get any arguments from most here about that. He waited the standard two days before posting from the Book of Lies. That's because he was waiting for advice on what and how to post. He has advisors that tell him how to respond to certain posts.

And speaking of lies...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
God comes in twenty-inch x six pieces of maple, yellow birtch, ash, small animals , anything withBTU's

Winter, remember that? I hope you have your nuts and berries gathered up. No politics overrule the time it is in the Northern Hemisphere, we fear winter, you pretenders can wait

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
God comes in twenty-inch x six pieces of maple, yellow birtch, ash, small animals , anything withBTU's

Winter, remember that? I hope you have your nuts and berries gathered up. No politics overrule the time it is in the Northern Hemisphere, we fear winter, you pretenders can wait
But he brings the wisdom of the desert. That should warm your heart.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

hickory gives off a nice heat too

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley

But of course, to remember God within the heart, is very good; the man who works righteous deeds, like spending a schilling in secret for the sake of God, he will go to Paradise in heaven.

quran-ayat(dot)com
Well, I do not thank God for what I worked hard for! He had nothing to do with growing the food, canning it, cooking it. So why am I thanking him when i eat it?? All those children who die around the world of starvation, disease etc, why would they thank Him for their hardships. Now if He suddenly appeared and spread easy living around for all, I as well as many others would thank Him.