Strange categorizing of prophets in the Quran

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Prophet Solomon and Prophet David are mentioned before Prophet Joseph son of Jacob, and before Moses ..
Jesus is mentioned before Ishaiah?
The interpreter explained why is that?

Quran 6: 83-90 which mean:
83. This [argument of Abraham] is Our evident argument which We gave to Abraham [to argue with] against his people; We raise in ranks whom [of believers] We like; your Lord is Most Wise, All-Knowing [of whoever deserves wisdom, so He raises his rank with it.]

84. And We gave to him Isaac and Jacob: each [one of them] We guided; and before [Abraham], We had guided Noah, and of [Abraham's] progeny: [We guided:] David [son of Jesse], Solomon [son of David], Job, Joseph [son of Jacob], Moses [son of Amram or Imranz] and Aaron [the brother of Moses]:
Thus do We reward those [of your nation, Mohammed] that are kind.

85. Zachariah and John, Jesus and Elias; each was of the righteous.

86. Ishmael and Eliseus, Jonah and Lot – each one We preferred to all nations.

87. And [there were righteous men out] of their fathers, and of their seed and of their brethren: We chose them and guided them to a 'standard and correct' way [of the truth.]

88. That [guidance] is God's guidance, wherewith He guides whom of His servants He pleases.
But had they associated, then all that [righteous work], they did, would have been useless to them.

89. Those [prophets] are they to whom We gave the scripture, the judgment and the prophet-hood.
But if these [your people] deny [your prophet-hood], We have given it in charge to a [believing] people [: your companions] who are not the deniers of it.

90. Those [prophets] were they whom God guided [to the way of the truth], so follow their guidance [O Mohammed!]
Say [Mohammed, to your people]: I ask not of you any recompense for it; the [Quran] is only an admonition to mankind.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/6.htm#a6_83

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Prophet Mohammed was a sick pedophile who liked to diddle nine yr old girls.

Is that truth in your book of hate??

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I will ignore the ignorant who do not read.

So now, what's the reason that some older prophets are mentioned after the newest prophets?

i.e. the prophets are not mentioned in chronological sequence.
=================================================================

The prophets are mentioned in the Quran in many ways; in some sooras they are mentioned with the chronological sequence; while in another soora they are mentioned in preference: i.e. the preferred prophets are mentioned before the rest.

While in this soora they are mentioned in another way.

TubeChop - Chop YouTube Videos

==============================================================

Quran 6: 83-90, which mean:
{83. This [argument of Abraham] is Our evident argument which We gave to Abraham s [to argue with] against his people; We raise in ranks t whom [of believers] We like; your Lord is Most Wise u, All-Knowing [of whoever deserves wisdom, so He raises his rank with it.]

84. And We gave to him Isaac v and Jacob w: each [one of them] We guided x; and before [Abraham], We had guided Noah, and of [Abraham's] progeny: [We guided:] David [son of Jesse], Solomon [son of David], Job y, Joseph [son of Jacob], Moses [son of Amram or Imran z] and Aaron [the brother of Moses a a]:
Thus do We reward those b b [of your nation, Mohammed] that are kind.

[Then God – be glorified – mentioned the prophets out of the seed of Abraham who were ascetic and who renounced the pleasures of the World:]
85. Zachariah c c and John d d, Jesus e e and Elias f f; each was of the righteous.

[Then He mentioned those of them who emigrated from one country to another:]

86. Ishmael g g and Eliseus h h, Jonah i i and Lot j j – each one k k We preferred to all nations. l l

87. And [there were righteous men out] of their fathers m m, and of their seed and of their brethren: We chose them n n and guided them to a 'standard and correct' way [of the truth.]

88. That [guidance] is God's guidance, wherewith He guides whom of His servants He pleases o o.
But had they p p associated, then all that [righteous work], they did, would have been useless to them.q q

89. Those [prophets] are they to whom We gave the scripture r r, the judgment ss and the prophet-hood.
But if these [your people] deny [your prophet-hood], We have given it in charge to a [believing] people [: your companions] t t who are not the deniers of it.

90. Those [prophets] were they whom God guided [to the way of the truth], so follow their guidance [O Mohammed!] u u
Say [Mohammed, to your people]: I ask not of you any recompense for it v v; the [Quran] is only an admonition to mankind w w.}

83 s i.e. which We taught to Abraham by means of inspiration and revelation.
83 t By knowledge and wisdom.
83 u With His acts.

84 v From his wife Sarah, and Ishmael from his wife Aagar.
84 w His grandson to whom We gave twelve sons [from whom twelve tribes descended.]
84 x To the way of goodness and righteousness.
84 y Son of Amos, son of Nahor, son of King Jobab, son of Zerah, son of Reuel, son of Esau, son of Isaac son of Abraham; We guided him also to the way of goodness and righteousness; he dwelt in Yemen, in the time of Moses, before the Exodus of the Children of Israel out of Egypt. Refer to the Book of Genesis, chapter 36.
84 z His mother was Jochabed.
84 a a Who was one year older than Moses.
So all these were of the seed of Abraham; they did righteous work to people; and so God guided them to the righteous way and increased them in blessings in the World and offered to them knowledge and wisdom.
84 b b believers, with abundant bounties in the life of the World, and with forgiveness and Paradise in the Next Life.
The names of David and Solomon were mentioned before Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron; because the bounties that were given to them were more than those before them; therefore David and Solomon were mentioned with much bounties more than those mentioned after them, not by rank neither by preference, nor by precedence.

85 c c The son of Berechiah, the son of Iddo. He lived in the time of King Darius.
85 d d The son of Zachariah.
85 e e The son of Mary.
85 f f He is Prophet Isaiah; he was surnamed Elias, because [as the word implies] he was desperate of the believing of his Jewish people and of reforming them whatever he invited them to abandon the idols, and to refrain from the association with God; but they did not listen to his words, neither did they obey his orders, till he became desperate of them; there is a special book in the Bible, called the Book of Isaiah.

86 g g The son of Abraham; his father took him to Mecca, together with his mother Agar, when he was a little child.
86 h h He is Eliseus the son of Saphat; the successor to Prophet Elia or Elijah; he migrated from Mount Carmel to Samaria. His story is mentioned in the Bible, the Second Book of Kings, chapter 2 and what follows.
86 i i He is Jonah the son of Amittai; he emigrated from Jerusalem to Nineveh. There is a book bearing his name in the Bible, called the Book of Jonah.
86 j j He is the nephew of Abraham: the son of his brother Haran; he emigrated with Abraham from Iraq to the land of Canaan.
86 k k Of these prophets that have been mentioned.
86 l l i.e. honoring them more than We honored other people.

87 m m i.e. the fathers of the prophets just mentioned.
87 n n To worship Us and to reform Our servants with their admonitions.

88 o o i.e. who is worthy of guidance because of his good conduct and manners.
88 p p these prophets and righteous men just mentioned.
88 q q It means: had they associated [anything with God], then all their righteous work would have been useless to them; i.e. they would not have been rewarded according to their righteous work.

89 r r i.e. the heavenly books and the revealed admonitions.
89 s s Between people concerning their affairs of religion and life of the World.
89 t t To propagate, believe, and encourage people to accept it.
So the companions of the prophet worked to propagate the religion of the Islam.

90 u u i.e. follow their way of monotheism and ‘the exclusive devotion to God alone’, and invite people to worship Him, and warn them against His disobedience.
90 v v i.e. for my recital of the Quran and conveying it to you.
90 w w i.e. to all people.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/6.htm#a6_83

=====================================================================

Therefore, in these ayat, the prophets are not mentioned in chronology or in preference, but in categories;
So that:

1- The names of David and Solomon were mentioned before Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron; because the bounties that were given to them were more than those before them; therefore David and Solomon were mentioned with much bounties more than those mentioned after them, not by rank neither by preference, nor by precedence.

2- The prophets out of the seed of Abraham that were ascetic and they renounced the pleasures of the World are mentioned in one group: Zachariah, John, Jesus and Elias (Isaiah.)

3- The prophets who emigrated from one country to another are mentioned in one group also: Ishmael, Eliseus, Jonah and Lot.

===============================================================

While in the soora 21, the prophets are mentioned in another way:
Here is the recitation by an Egyptian reciter:

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
By God's will, I'll later on give the explanation about the prophets in this great soora 21.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Quran 3: 84, which means:

{Say [Mohammed] "We believe in God [alone, and we assign no associate with Him],

and in what [revelation] has been revealed to us,

and that revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Tribes [: sons of Prophet Jacob]
and the [books and miracles] which Moses and Jesus and [the revelations and proofs which] the prophets received from their Lord;

we make no discrimination between anyone of them e, and to Him we have submitted [ourselves f.]"

84 e As you discriminated, O Jews, when you denied Jesus and Mohammed.
84 f In compliance to His commands.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/3.htm#a3_84
quran-ayat(dot)com