What is your religion’s drug of choice?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
What is your religion’s drug of choice?

If I may remind all, alcohol is also a drug.

Religions were and are invented to feed our need for drama. They, --- like war and other such born to give conflict things, --- are created to excite us and add to our joie de vivre.

The ancients added drugs and alcohol as enhancers to the entertainment of arguing about religion and stimulating some out of the box thinking, --- to have something to laugh about, --- and argue just for the sake of finding good arguers. A shame that that trend ended but that fool Constantine decided tyranny was better than democracy. That led to the literalist Christians and Muslims. The two religions with the most literalist fools in all of the religions. Muslims being the greatest fools of all. When you become an idol worshiper, you become a fool and quite boring as all you give is your idols opinion and not your own. That, in argument terms, is quite boring. I digress.

Most do not recognize that we have a bag of drama creating things in all of our minds, but we do. Trust me on this. It is demonstrable in all humans. You do not believe any of the religious garbage you say you do. You invent it all.

It is a well-documented fact that most religious cults and other tribal units generally gather around a drug or alcohol to enhance their fellowship at gatherings, be it at the home or at the various gathering places.

As a part of this self-invented seeking after God that we do through argument, --- as entertainment, --- is the taking of various psychotropic drugs or alcohol a part of your religion?

If so, has it worked? Do you get closer to God when on your psychotropic drug, or alcohol, of choice?

I ask this especially of Muslims as you are the ones most in need of finding God.

If Mohamad PBUP were here today, he would flip out to see what Sharia has done to Islam. Please brothers, find a new drug. Your present one is making you quite backward.

Regards
DL
P.S.
As Cannabis legalization becomes more widespread, in Canadian and the United States, will we all start to call our God, Jah. --- Ya man.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_drugs

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well I got out of the drama game when the praying started. Soon as I left home
and got out on my own I became a retired Catholic. Religion I have no problem
with as long as others do not want me to join and participate. I go to church for
funerals and weddings other than that feel no need for outside fulfillment I do as
I see fit for me and it works Now spiritual enrichment against things like the flue
rum is the number one choice

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I don't want to call it "mass" hysteria, but there are those religious groups who they "they become full of the lord" while acting maniacal, chanting, rolling on the ground, etc. Mania would be their drug of choice.

From a non religious persons perspective, I don't have a "drug of choice" per se. I like to have a few drinks with friends some times. Some times its' fun to get together with like minded friends and go on a mushroom trip.

MDMA can be a night of fun too. I've done that with friends. Not regularily by any stretch. Maybe a handful of times in the last 10 years.

My daughter and I laugh until we cry when we hang out together. We become pretty silly. No drugs, no alcohol. Just laughter. We laugh till our belly's ache. That's like being high. People watching would think we're were on something.

Variety is the spice of life, eh? Why stick to a single thing?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Not following your logic on this one. Guess I'm not that bright.

None of us are that bright, I doubt logic is involved.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Communion wine that is strong enough to kill the bugs that come with sharing a communion cup (I hope).