Has Muslim and Christian misogyny become hate against women?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Think female genital mutilation, wife beating laws, Honor killing and child brides.

Head to Head - Do Arab men hate women?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bomCMNGfs1I

Gender Equality Against Islam – Women Only Fit to Deliver Children
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/17/leading-muslim-scholar-gender-equality-against-islam-women-only-fit-to-deliver-children/

Compare the Muslim view of, “Gender Equality Against Islam – Women Only Fit to Deliver Children”, to the Christian view of, “If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.” Martin Luther

By The Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pSPvnFDDQHk

As to Christianity.
I gave the one quote above and would add---
The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Works 12.94

No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)

Men have broad and large chests, and small narrow hips, and more understanding than women, who have but small and narrow breasts, and broad hips, to the end they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Table Talk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erEq2HtrM84

This O.P. was written because of what some are calling the rape culture that is plaguing Europe at present.

It occurred to me that if Muslim and Christian men hate women, that would explain the rape culture as well as why Muslim men do not want to educate their women in, not all, but many Muslim areas.

The Christian and Muslim male attitudes towards women may also be why the West is having such a hard time bringing rapists and pedophile priests and imams to justice and why women are so badly treated by those who are supposed to administer justice.

How can non-affiliated men, and particularly, Christian and Muslim men, change their misogynous and disrespectful ideas towards women?

Regards
DL

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Is it fair to compare Christianity of the 1400's taught by a defrocked monk to Islam of today?

You are either trolling or extremely stupid thinking we are gonna fall for that!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Is there another meaning of "mysogyny" that I am unaware of?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes both are paternalistic societies and when push comes to shove
the religion is used to control women. Not just Islam both are a bit
like a freak show. I have gone to some of the born again services to
see for myself and there are all kinds of brain training going on the
funniest is the men who are part of Promise Keepers what a crock
that is you can see right through them. The man controls the family
cause god said so.
I have said to my grand daughters be careful when the religion starts
Run Forest Run One didn't but that finally ended when she just could
not take the bull anymore she is too strong for that she figured it out.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It makes me curious why any woman would choose a religion that speaks of treating women this way.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Is it fair to compare Christianity of the 1400's taught by a defrocked monk to Islam of today?

You are either trolling or extremely stupid thinking we are gonna fall for that!

Just showing you some of the benefits of being Muslim.

Christianity is just marginally better.

But if you are not moral enough to see it then ----------

Regards
DL

Is there another meaning of "mysogyny" that I am unaware of?

I read the word as having a scale from disrespect hate.

Some think more black and white though.

Regards
DL

Yes both are paternalistic societies and when push comes to shove
the religion is used to control women. Not just Islam both are a bit
like a freak show. I have gone to some of the born again services to
see for myself and there are all kinds of brain training going on the
funniest is the men who are part of Promise Keepers what a crock
that is you can see right through them. The man controls the family
cause god said so.
I have said to my grand daughters be careful when the religion starts
Run Forest Run One didn't but that finally ended when she just could
not take the bull anymore she is too strong for that she figured it out.

Sweet.
Every mind is precious. My kingdom that all Canadians and others could free themselves that way.

Regards
DL

It makes me curious why any woman would choose a religion that speaks of treating women this way.

Self-hate or perhaps a hope that the religious will one day walk their more peaceful talk, --- and not just their more war talk.

Regards
DL

May I ask who was stupid enough to give a + 1 to EagleSmack

I have never met such dumb Canadians and I am willing to travel. I just might take my 7mm with me as they seem to like jihad.

Regards
DL

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
In older religions women were placed pretty low in the social order. In Confucianism women and eunuchs were considered the least members of society. One neo Confucianist quote was, " a woman ruler is like a hen crowing. " The history of religion down through antiquity has not been friendly to the role of women. Now things are changing and it's high time they did.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
From the little I've read about Vikings and their gods, it would seem that women were treated a bit better. They fought and hunted with their men. They had their own goddess. They could choose whom to marry and they could choose to divorce with very little negative repercussion.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
From the little I've read about Vikings and their gods, it would seem that women were treated a bit better. They fought and hunted with their men. They had their own goddess. They could choose whom to marry and they could choose to divorce with very little negative repercussion.
I take it you mean Scandanavian? Viking was a profession, not a people.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
May I ask who was stupid enough to give a + 1 to EagleSmack

I have never met such dumb Canadians and I am willing to travel. I just might take my 7mm with me as they seem to like jihad.

Regards
DL
Your stupid question threads do more to denigrate religion than any atheist on any forum...
You might think of yourself as some kind of armchair philosopher , but everyone on any forum recognizes you as a self absorbed troll!