The Prophet and Muslims did not understand some of the Quran

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Prophet received the Quran by revelation, but he did not know the meaning of the Quran as a whole.

He was asked about many ayat, and he could not answer, but only to say: "I don't know; I heard it from the angel as such; God is the All-Knowing."

Moreover, Muslims (and others of course) do not know the explanation of many ayat in the Quran.

That is because the Quran was revealed in two categories: plain and ambiguous (or puzzles.)

The puzzles will be solved in the future by the Mahdi, who will receive the inspiration so as to interpret the ambiguous ayat of the Quran, and will be his miracle, because Muslims have not till now known the meaning and implication of the puzzling ayat which only God knows.

This will also be the miracle of the Quran, which will be proved authentic and it is truly the word of God.

That is because the Prophet himself who brought it, did not know it, but only he conveyed it to people honestly as he heard and received it from the angel.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Here is an example given by the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible:

Quran 73: 20, which means:
{[O Mohammed] your Lord does know that you [awake and] stand [to pray] for:
less than two-thirds of the night [: more than the half one time],
or half of the night [another time],
or [another time still] a third of the night,
and so do a party of those [believers] with you
a.
God does appoint Night and Day in due measure
b.

He knows that you are unable to comprehend the [ambiguous revelations of the Quran], so He has turned towards you [and accepted your repentance c.]
Therefore, now recite of the Quran as much as may be easy for you d.

[Moreover], He knows that there may be [some] of you in ill-health, and others that travel through the earth [for trading and business], seeking after God's bounty; yet others fight in God's cause. e

[Then God – be glorified – asserted for the third time about reciting or rehearsing the Quran by night, and He said:]

Therefore, recite as much of the Quran as may be easy [for you] f; and establish the [prescribed] prayers, and the [obligatory] Zakat [alms], and lend to God g a good loan h.
And whatever charity you [believers] send before [you]
i for your own souls, you shall find it with Godj: better [than that which you gave in the life of the World] and greater in recompense [than the recompense of the World if you take its recompense in the World k], and ask of God His forgiveness [for your past sins]; for surely God is Most Forgiving l, Most Merciful m.}

a They too stand for prayers, and so they perform the ‘additional voluntary prayers of the night’.

b i.e. He knows their time and minutes, and knows what happens during them; for nothing of His creatures can be hidden from Him.

c For that you substituted the prayers instead of reciting the Quran.

It means: I said to you: Recite the Quran by night, but you stood for prayers.

d In the first part and in the terminal part of the night, in order that the associaters may listen to it, so they may believe.
Therefore, this is a second affirmation of the reciting of the Quran.

e So these three are not blamed for leaving the Quran recital in these times; that is during illness, trading and fighting.

f The addressing is for those who do not travel for trading and who do not become ill.

g By giving alms to the poor and needy, which God guarantees to repay for you by ten folds in the life of the World, and by seven hundred folds in the Next Life, but on condition that you dedicate that which you spend to God alone and in His way, not for any other purpose, and it should not be for the sake of angels, sheikhs, imams and others; because this is not allowed, and you will not be rewarded for it, but will be punished.

h It means: The spending on the poor should be without taunting them or boasting with it, without hurting or insulting them, and your spending should not be for show business.

This is confirmed by His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 2: 264, which means:
(O believers, void not [the reward of] your almsgiving by taunting [with it] and annoyance.)

i By spending that on the poor and needy.

j In the Next Life; it means: you will find the ethereal or the spiritual of that which you gave to the poor: whether it is food, drink, fruits, clothes or furniture.

k Because the property of the World will disappear, while the property of the Next Life will remain.

l To those who repent.

m To those who regret.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,