Lent 2016

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
It's almost that time of year again. I'll be giving up booze as per usual. Anyone else sacrificing during Lent this year? Ash Wednesday is February 10, 2016.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Having pancakes on "Greasy Tuesday"? (That's a direct translation of Mardi Gras, before I get that red thumb.)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
It's almost that time of year again. I'll be giving up booze as per usual. Anyone else sacrificing during Lent this year? Ash Wednesday is February 10, 2016.

Some years ago, about when I was born, I gave up Lent for Lent.

I be offering my liver.

Useless. Try again. lol.

Having pancakes on "Greasy Tuesday"? (That's a direct translation of Mardi Gras, before I get that red thumb.)

It's "Fat Tuesday" but lets not split hairs and rule out the grease. If you know what I mean?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Out of (idle) curiosity, how much do you drink to celebrate that you quit for the stated duration? My sacrifice is a somewhat longer duration, no plans on changing it any more than it already has been.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Out of (idle) curiosity, how much do you drink to celebrate that you quit for the stated duration? My sacrifice is a somewhat longer duration, no plans on changing it any more than it already has been.
Between 3 and 5 "drinks"/day. Depends on what the definition of drink is.