The Killing of Farkhunda

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Farkhunda Malikzada, a 27-year-old Muslim woman falsely accused of burning a Quran, was killed by a mob in central Kabul as hundreds watched and filmed.

This video contains scenes of graphic violence.

The Killing of Farkhunda - Video - NYTimes.com

Two days after the killing, the Ministry of Hajj and Religious Affairs declared Farkhunda innocent.

She had not burned a Quran

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's a mob stirred into a frenzy by someone's accusations. You can get the same effect here by calling someone else a diddler in a crowded mall
LOL, no you can't.

I just watched what happens when a diddler is released in an area close to mine.

Civilised non Muslims form groups, call meetings, approach local leaders, call on local councils, police. They look for non-violent solutions.

They don't form a mob and tear people to pieces.

I could however concede to a lack of law enforcement, education, etc. But that too is prefaced by the fact that this is in an Islamic state.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I forgot ... you're the standard of the world. Carry on
And don't you forget it.

The right circumstances and a fresh incident are all you need
Interesting edit, and there are many incidents to choose from in Nor Am. Where fathers beat or shot offenders caught in the act.

If you would like, I'll give you some time to come up with a mall full of people tearing apart an accused diddler.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I have a good friend who I hung out with as a kid. His family immigrated from Pakistan back in the 1970'sand he went back for a visit somewhere around 77. We were both 12 at the time. When he returned, he told me all sorts of stuff. How the State dealt with thieves, by chopping off the hand. How they dealt with murderers, by decapitation, usually in the setting of an audience. Not much has changed in these places other than the fact that we have looked the other way and declared them allies because that's just good business.

I am still friends with this guy and we have discussed this barbaric behavior in a few bull sessions. He said to me, the one thing his Father made sure of when bringing his children to Canada was to work hard and get all of them an education. One sister is a lawyer, another works in the Library system of British Columbia and my friend is a successful Construction Contractor.

Why do these countries live in the dark ages? The fact that there is no separation of church and state is a good reason. The poor are marginalized and kept uneducated. There is no moderation. Any fool knows that burning a book is a fools errand and that if you believe that words inside are those of God himself, then the message can never be burned.

I think the reason that these Countries have not advanced their thinking is because we give them a pass. We trade with them, we look the other way when they slaughter their own and we use them to do our bidding. Nations of the West are culpable if we are to prop up such barbarism and paint it as mere culture.

Our own nation once acted like this, we tried to beat the savage out of the aboriginals, murdered their children for wanting to speak their own language and created generational dysfunction which we don't want to take responsibility for. We used another holy book and our government sanctioned it. We have sequestered people to live on reserves and told them "self -govern" then look on in horror when some leaders turn these "mini-nations" into their own personal kingdom and the money does not trickle down to the people who need it most.

We can be an arrogant self righteous bunch.

Calling the Islamist's savages, while we trade regularly with them and not only them. What of our trade missions with China and India who both have deplorable records on human rights. I think of my friend and how his Dad immigrated here from a land that treated women as fodder, but somehow found it in himself to educate all his children and he did this by working every sh!t job you could think of. Garbage man, picking berries, catching chickens, you name it.

Then I think about anti-Muslim threads and how everyone on this forum has bought goods manufactured in one of these countries. I think of Jean Chretien's Team Canada pushing for more trade in Southeast Asia, Harper pushing to get into these despot nations and tapping their cheap labor and even the new Utopian Trudeau who will line up and call it culture.

We hold responsibility for the madness in these countries as long as we look the other way.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm not responsible. I don't care what they do their and feel trading with them is fine, so long as it benefits us.

But I'm just honest about the big picture.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'm not responsible for him beating his wife.

You are not responsible for what he does, but given the choice between dealing with a known abuser and another who sells the same item for a higher price who do you pick?

Or maybe the first individual a kid-toucher or a murderer.

You see where I am going with this?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You are not responsible for what he does, but given the choice between dealing with a known abuser and another who sells the same item for a higher price who do you pick?

Or maybe the first individual a kid-toucher or a murderer.

You see where I am going with this?
Yep. Ever increasingly repugnant crimes, in the hopes of finding a level I'll stop at.

I buy my cigars from a convicted murderer. He served his sentence. I gave an earful to the ladies protesting the convicting child molester that moved into Sutton years ago, "He's paid his debt" was my point.

If they aren't under arrest, or merely out on bail. They're innocent until proven guilty.

As for countries with deplorable human rights histories. I love bananas.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It cuts both ways saying she did something without knowing the truth is the
same as saying all Muslims are bad. In addition people coming here as
refugees are not all Muslims so far many or most are Armenian Christians.
Muslims coming here should be advised ahead of time of Canadian law and
we do ridicule lots of things. Democracy first is the policy and we allow for
a multitude of opinions.
I am disturbed that there are places in the world that are steeped in ignorance
and sad to say at times that includes here to a much less violent state.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Darkbeaver you are right in this case too. Throught history we have seen various
religions as the aggressor and Christianity was once a barbaric faith too in fact
they too delight in stoning people just like some of today.