The association of others with God

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
To associate others with God is the major guilt. It is opposite of the 'exclusive devotion to God'.
The heavenly religion purpose is this subject which is to be against the idolatry.

Three examples:
1- A company in which many associates work: the work and the profit is divided between them.
2- A government in which many rulers participate.
3- A wife who associates other men with her husband.

The heavenly books purpose is to explain this to people. In the entire Quran, this meaning is the outstanding, while in the other heavenly books, this meaning has been distorted or is obscured.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/3.htm#The_association_:_sharing_or_polytheism

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/3.htm#Question_26

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I cannot think of anyone I would want to associate with your evil god. Not even other gods or goddesses.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
In this subject, there are two related points:
1- The enthusiasm.
2- The intercession or redemption.

The enthusiasm issues from the exceeding love and admiration of some religious men, like Jesus or Ali, which will lead to the exaggeration about them, and will result in associating them with God.
The intercession: is the pretext of the associater to allow such association to himself.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The association: is to associate or join others with God in the worship, so that man will worship that associate beside God or together with God.
The associate: is the one associated with God in the worship, like the idols, the stars, Jesus, Ali, some rabbis and saints, etc.
The associater: is the one who associates with God anyone or anything, like the idolater who associates an idol or more with God.

Quran Man after Death

So the associater worships God, but at the same time he, out of the glorification and enthusiasm, worships another being or another thing.

Quran 12
{106. But most of [people] believe not in God unless they associate [others with Him.] c}
c It means: Most of them believe that God is their Creator and Provider, and that it is He Who revived them and He controls their death, but they associate the creatures in the worship with the Creator, so they vow to the angels, ask their needs from them and sanctify them.

Similar to this in meaning is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 29: 61, which means:
(If you [Mohammed] ask them [: the associaters]: "Who created the heavens and the earth and subjected the sun and the moon?" they will say: "God [did all that.] How then are they turned away [from worshipping God to worshipping others apart from Him?])

i.e. How then are they turned away [from worshipping the Creator to worshipping the creatures?

As such, most people nowadays believe that God is their Creator, but they associate the sheikhs and imams by worshipping them together with God, so that they worship the graves of imams and sheikhs, kiss the graves and seek to be blessed by their dust and walls; they vow to them, seek their help when they stand up and sit down, and ask their needs from them, and say: “These are our intercessors before God.”

So you may see a Muslim build a mosque and write on its door (masjid and husseiniah), and by so doing, he associates Hussein with God.

Or he may vow a vowing to God, but he associate Hussein with God in his vowing, so that he says: “I vow to God, the reward is for the Hussein”, or he may vow to Hussein and associates God with his vowing.

Or he may associate concerning his praying, so he says: O Allah, O Mohammed, O Ali!
And by such praying, he associated two humans together with God.

Thus, you see most of people associate with God, concerning their acts.

Christians, for example, associated the Christ and his mother with God in their worshipping.

As such are the rest of sects, while all of them admit that God is their Creator.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
============================================================
The Divorce of Israel: it is no longer the 'Chosen people of God'

Israel had been divorced: God divorced her and gave her a bill of divorce
It means: they worshiped other gods besides God Almighty, and they were like the betraying wife who betrays her husband:
Her husband did not do her any bad thing, on the contrary he bestowed on her his favors and bounties, and yet instead of becoming grateful to him, she betrayed him and went to other men; God gives her His bounties, and helped her against her enemies, and yet she was grateful to others.
So this is the association with God

http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/english2.htm#Israel is divorced

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Why God divorced Israel?
Because they worshiped other gods besides Him, they associated other gods with Him.

The gods which they worshiped were:
>> the gold statue of calf made for them by the Samaritan, in the time of Moses.
>> Two statues of gold calves made for them by Jeroboam son of Nebat, after the death of Prophet Solomon.
>> The idol Baal or Baalim: the prophets resisted such worship were Isaiah and Ilia or Elijah.
>> Astaroth
>> The star Sirius, they called it the Queen of heaven.
>> In addition to worshiping and glorifying the shrines of their imams (or rabbis, like the tomb of Bar Yohaya, and the tomb of Rachel.)
The Disagreement of the

So God refused them, and they no longer are the 'Chosen People of God'.

What is the implication of: God divorced Israel:
God simulated Himself like the jealous husband and Israel as the betraying wife: so when she committed adultery (the association of other gods together with God Almighty), He divorced her and gave her the bill of divorce.

God - be glorified - said in the Torah, Book of Jeremiah, chapter 3, the following:
6-And the Lord said to me in the days of king Josiah: Have you seen what rebellious Israel has done? She has gone of herself upon every high mountain and under every green tree and has played the harlot there*.
7-And when she had done all these things, I said: Return to me. And she did not return. And her treacherous sister Juda saw.
8-That because the rebellious Israel had played the harlot, I had put her away and given her a bill of divorce: yet her treacherous sister Juda was not afraid, but went and played the harlot also herself.
9-And by the facility of her fornication she defiled the land and played the harlot with stone and with stocks.”

[In this respect, Jesus Christ said, as in the Gospel according to Matthews 21: 43
Therefore I say to you that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you** and shall be given to a nation*** yielding the fruits thereof.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*i.e. she served stones and idols instead of God, and by doing so, she betrayed her Lord.
**Jews.
***It shall be given to a nation that shall work according to God’s commandments, i.e. the Islamic nation.

The Disagreement of the

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
according to what I hear about your gods you believe in, they spend far too much time thinking up punishment
and all the rules one must obey, or he will punish, punish, punish, for many things that to me seem very
normal behavior for a human on this earth.
there are many people on this earth who obviously also behave like, how you describe your god, punish,
make up strict rules one must obey, or else, they even kill, as your god does each and every day.

I don't know anyone who I could ever compare to how you describe any of your gods, I don't associate
with people like that, and I don't believe in any such god, that is man's invention, and its too
bad there are many who want to act like that here on earth.

humans are basically good, not perfect, mistakes are made, one can learn from them, we are capable
of figuring it all out on our own, don't need some trumped up leader of the human race, there are
many human so called leaders here on earth, at least we can turf them out, if they don't treat us
fairly.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
talloola, it is not only the punish punish; but there is the reward and prosperity.
For crimes: not all of them are great; some mild crimes may only require rebuke, or mild punishment.

God is good and is very good, and He in fact is the Goodness.
All the blessing and grace that you have is from Him, and He is Clement: He does not hasten to punish: He wants to reward, and if man insists and refuses but only to act in a way of deserving the punishment, what then?

Strict rules are to the advantage of man, and the Islam religion is moderate: not like the strictness of Judaism neither like the over-indulgence of Christianity.

God is Most Gracious: don't see that He has not punished you and you blaspheme Him? and to Him we all are very weak: weaker than an insect to you.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
An example of the association: is the gratitude to other than God.
So God bestows His bounty on man, but he shows gratitude to others like Jesus, saints, Rachel, imams, Ali, Mohammed and the angels, etc.
So the gratitude to God is a devotion to Him, while the gratitude to others is the association or joining others with God Most Gracious.
=========================================================
The equalization of someone with God is the association which is like the idolatry.
If one considers Jesus, Ali or the saints or Prophet Jacob like God or equal to God or a peer of God ... then this is the association, and he is an associater or idolater.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That is the same (singular God) that is in the OT and the NT.
Regardless, I still would not subject anyone or any goddess or god to association with the monster that is your god.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Like anybody has a choice. The ending is better than the parts just before that so you might get to see why He is God and all the rest are wannabees.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Like anybody has a choice.
People make their own limits in choosing.
The ending is better than the parts just before that so you might get to see why He is God and all the rest are wannabees.
Or your version of your god is the imagery and the others are simply normal goddesses and gods.

I am just glad that I did not spend a large portion of my like concerning myself with such esoteric irrelevances as gods and goddesses that may or may not even exist outside the human mind.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In this case it is a perfectionist making something good and then doing the repairs before it can be said to be perfected. I'm sure mankind has built a few thing they were proud of and then still had to make occasional repairs to it.

People make their own limits in choosing. Or your version of your god is the imagery and the others are simply normal goddesses and gods.

I am just glad that I did not spend a large portion of my like concerning myself with such esoteric irrelevances as gods and goddesses that may or may not even exist outside the human mind.
So wishing will stop an avalanche or volcano from taking your life if you are too close. We are pretty delicate when it comes to keeping our skin in working condition.

Imaginary beings don't leave books laying around.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Most humans do not claim ourselves to be perfect to begin with, though.