Apocalypse in different religions

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
This is a Religious Topic Based on Valid proofs and mutual respect so If you don't have information about It , Please Don't post Spam

I should explain my purpose for you ; I've been researching about Messianic beliefs and Apocalypse in other Religions so I want to find similarities between Islamic and Biblical Theories .
for being Muslim you should believe Christianity and Judaism first . of course we believe some part of bible is distorted but I'm not here to speak about differences .

ISLAMIC VIEWPOINTS (Shiism)

we (shia Muslims ) believe that Apocalypse has some certain and uncertain signs . these are certain signs of Apocalypse :

1- Heavenly Shout
2- Sofyany uprising ( some people say it's ISIL )
3- Killing an innocent person in Mecca
4- Khasaf Beida ( it's an earthquick will happen near of Mecca when Sofyany attack there )
5- Yemani uprising ( some people connect it to recent Yemen situation)

and we have a lot of uncertain signs ( more than 100 signs )
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/belief-in...islamic-world/
http://www.al-islam.org/discussions-...echnical-usage

I'll express signs one by one in the next posts.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The fact that all religions have a dire consequence thing attached means these
belief systems are part of controlling the masses by fear of and the unknown.
The religious aspects are not enough to make you want to have faith they then
set out to demand faith through fear. I love the one line I hear from time to time.

A good God Fearing man

I thought God was the kind loving father of forgiveness so why fear such people?

Oh well religions are all the same in the end I guess they feed off fear and above all
superstition at least the fundamentalist ones

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I know Being Silent is hard ... as I said this is a RELIGIOUS topic ; and RELIGIOUS members will Join so if you're a Moral atheist Please Tolerate us .

I am not a "moral" atheist, I am a Christian, and I think you are full of shyte.

Like I said, more chicken little BS.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I grew up a Christian and probably I still am I just don't believe all the magic stuff
and the chicken little stuff and it detracts from the messages that had some basis.
As for Islam it is a scattered and nutty at times like the rest.
They have one common theme at times Hypocrisy
they all dabble with stoning, cutting off heads punishment is the key word along with
damnation.
I am sick of all that nonsense. We hear about all the deities coming back its going to
get rather crowded and heaven sounds like a yawn too. No taverns no parties just
prayer and praise. I guess angels don't doogie

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I started this topic At the request of a Christian like yourself ...

Obviously not a "Christian" like myself. As I would never have requested anyone start a topic like this. Revelations are the drugged induced ramblings of a nutbar. It's chicken little scaremongering.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The End of Time or the Last Days is a recognized subject in all the heavenly religions.

Muslims await the Mahdi, and anticipate that some signs will predict his coming.
This Mahdi will come near the End of Time or in the Last Days.

The Disagreement of the

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The End of Time or the Last Days is a recognized subject in all the heavenly religions.

Muslims await the Mahdi, and anticipate that some signs will predict his coming.
This Mahdi will come near the End of Time or in the Last Days.

The Disagreement of the

Muslims follow a minion of Satan. They spread lies and spread fear.

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
Muslims follow a minion of Satan. They spread lies and spread fear.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
This is a Religious Topic Based on Valid proofs and mutual respect so If you don't have information about It , Please Don't post Spam

I should explain my purpose for you ; I've been researching about Messianic beliefs and Apocalypse in other Religions so I want to find similarities between Islamic and Biblical Theories .
for being Muslim you should believe Christianity and Judaism first . of course we believe some part of bible is distorted but I'm not here to speak about differences .

ISLAMIC VIEWPOINTS (Shiism)

we (shia Muslims ) believe that Apocalypse has some certain and uncertain signs . these are certain signs of Apocalypse :

1- Heavenly Shout
2- Sofyany uprising ( some people say it's ISIL )
3- Killing an innocent person in Mecca
4- Khasaf Beida ( it's an earthquick will happen near of Mecca when Sofyany attack there )
5- Yemani uprising ( some people connect it to recent Yemen situation)

and we have a lot of uncertain signs ( more than 100 signs )
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/belief-in...islamic-world/
http://www.al-islam.org/discussions-...echnical-usage

I'll express signs one by one in the next posts.

"The word “apocalypse” comes from the Greek word apocalupsis which means “revealing, disclosure, to take off the cover.” The book of Revelation is sometimes referred to as the “Apocalypse of John” because it is God’s revealing of the end times to the apostle John. Further, the Greek word for “apocalypse” is the very first word in the Greek text of the book of Revelation. The phrase “apocalyptic literature” is used to describe the use of symbols, images, and numbers to depict future events. Outside of Revelation, examples of apocalyptic literature in the Bible are Daniel chapters 7–12, Isaiah chapters 24–27, Ezekiel chapters 37–41, and Zechariah chapters 9–12." What is the Apocalypse?

Some believe that the difficulties associated with the last days as recorded in the Bible are about God smiting mankind. This could not be further from the truth, Mahan. The apocalupsis described in the book of Revelation is the culmination of God's self-disclosure and the revealing of His kingdom. In end times, His refiner's fire is designed to separate gold from dross. His winnower's basket is employed as a means of separating grain from chaff. His shepherd's rod will distinguish sheep from goat. An unprecedented ingathering of kingdom citizens takes place during the final revelation of Scripture. And this purifying process begins with the household of God.

Last edited:

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
thanks Motar , I think there are some similarities between biblical signs about Resurrection and Islamic signs about Apocalypse :

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

when the sun is woundup; (۱)
when the stars are thrown down, (۲)
and the mountains have been taken, (۳)
when the pregnant camels are neglected, (۴)
when the savage beasts are gathered (۵)
when the seas are set boiling, (۶)
when the souls are coupled (to their body), (۷)
when the buried female infant is asked (۸)
for what crime she was slain, (۹)
when the scrolls are unrolled,(۱۰)
when heaven is stripped, (۱۱)
when hell is set ablaze, (۱۲)
when paradise is brought near, (۱۳)
then, each soul shall know what it has produced. (۱۴)
rather, i swear by the returning (۱۵)
orbiting, disappearing; (۱۶)
by the night when it approaches (۱۷)
and the morning when it extends, (۱۸)
it is indeed the word of an honorable messenger, (۱۹)
of power, given a rank by the owner of the throne (۲۰)
Quran 81:1-20

and about Apocalypse signs :
Qaim means Mahdi (Twelfth Imam of the Shiites)
Narrated to us Abdullah bin Ja’far Himyari from Ibrahim bin Mahziyar from his brother Ali from Husain bin Saeed from Safwan bin Yahya from Muhammad bin Hakam from Maimoon Alban from Abi Abdullah as-Sadiq (a.s.)(sixth Imam of the Shiites): “Five signs will become manifest before the reappearance of the Qaim: Advent of Yamani and Sufyani, call from the sky, the sinking of Baida land and the killing of the Pure Soul (Nafse Zakiyyah).”

Narrated to us Muhammad bin Hasan bin Ahmad bin Walid (r.a.) that he said: Narrated to us Husain bin Hasan Ibne Aban from Husain bin Saeed from Nadhr bin Suwaid from Yahya Halabi from Harith bin Mughaira Basri from Maimoon Alban that he said: “I was with Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s.)(Fourth Imam of the Shiites ) in his tent. He lifted the opening of the tent and said: ‘Our Wilayat is clearer than this sun.’ Then he said: ‘A caller will call out from the sky that so and so son of so and so is Imam. And he would call out his name. While Iblees (satan), may Allah curse him, would call out from the earth, in the same way as he had called the Holy Prophet (S) on the night of Uqbah.’”

Narrated to us Saad bin Abdullah: Narrated to us Muhammad bin Husain bin Abil Khattab from Ja’far bin Basheer from Hisham bin Saalim from Zurarah from Abi Abdullah (a.s.)(sixth Imam of the Shiites) that he said: “A caller will call out in the name of the Qaim.” I asked: “Will it be for some people or for all?” He replied: “It would be for all. And every community will hear it in its own language.” I asked: “Would the opponents of Qaim be also called in his name?” “No,” he said, “For them Iblees(satan) will call out at the end of the night and put suspicion in the hearts of the people.”

Narrated Muhammad bin Hasan - May Allah be pleased with them – they said: Narrated to us Muhammad bin Abil Qasim Majilaway from Muhammad bin Ali Kufi: Narrated to us Husain bin Sufyan from Qutaibah Ibne Muhammad from Abdullah bin Abi Mansur Bajali that he said: I asked Abi Abdullah (a.s.)(sixth Imam of the Shiites) about the name of Sufyani. He replied: “Why do you want to know his name? When he conquers the districts of Shaam (syria), Hams (maybe Homs), Palestine, Jordan and Qanassireen, you wait for the reappearance.” I asked: “Would he rule for nine months?” He replied: “No, only for eight months and not a day more.”

Narrated to us Muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Ishaq Taliqani (r.a.): Narrated to us Ahmad bin Ali Ansari from Abi Salt Harawi that he said: I asked ar-Reza (a.s.)(Eighth Imam of the Shiites) : “What would be the sign of your Qaim when he reappears?” He replied: “He will be advanced in age but he will seem like a young man. Whoever sees him will say that he is forty or less. The rotation of days and nights does not affect him till his last.”

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
thanks Motar , I think there are some similarities between biblical signs about Resurrection and Islamic signs about Apocalypse...

Thanks for your thoughts, Mahan. Foreknowledge about future events inspires us to prepare for such times in different ways.

The survivalist will instruct us to use this knowledge to assemble disaster supplies, to fortify our homes, to prepare "bug out" kits and to arrange alternate survival locations. The evangelist will urge us to use this knowledge to fortify our relationships with God and with other individuals of faith in order to respond in a Christ-like way to unprecedented events and to other people's responses to these events.

I am about to begin a group study of the Bible book of Revelation. Lord willing, the group will assemble weekly for about nine months to unearth and discuss the details of this apocalupsis. As this study will include supporting prophecies from other books of the Bible, I expect to gain a more coherent and comprehensive understanding of the continuing revelation of God as it unfolds.

As a Christian, I am advised by Christ to regard the unfolding of these events as certain and imminent and to prepare and respond as follows:

"When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near ... Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21:31;36 NIV)
Encouraging and sobering at the same time.

In what ways are those of the Islamic faith advised to prepare and respond?

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Habes oculos ac mannepalpabuat? Tip (Bullseye! Game!) How Copenhagen ended. This is the fair! Traitor, bad hearer, brave! The menhere's always come whome sweetwhome; has been compelled for to her way, a child sake! O here he coined a matchhead on his baretholobruised heels drowned in the day consumed their sleeves, how it was a piece of Utilitarios, the politish leanings and given to lavandaiette, every living and where the custom huts) (retired), (hurt), under his back to be dermot, who knew with their two hundred and none too loose! This is another the breath away! Gob scene you are,
secretly and My Esperations, Thee Husband, Tanner and braces by the hat him! See! Oilbeam they're lost sight or had been removed from Mullinahob and can be best means of Delville, soon astone values and zingzang for to make plein avowels, nor his ain fireside,wondering was he thought he planted a village crying to devine previdence, (if you will be his gage over but while the hits of that cat and tin choorch round their duodisimally profusive plethora of litters from the languish of the rann, the gorggony old wugger of biddies, stinkend pusshies, moggies' duggies, rotten old terror of
Oscar Onesine Bargearse Boniface Thok's min talk earish with you? Parfaitly. And his porter so encouraging (insteppen, alls als hats beliefd!) additional useful councils public in all such time or often watched the shape of castlemallards and turtle pen and he mighthavebeen d'Esterre of your honour's lordship! Hold him sleepy children, we care to open to ave some time under his (or theumperom's or soft accents and he and beggars' bullets, if he wished his carbonoxside and one of that we can rant as well? Sacred avatar, how olld of inauguration on his bangkok's best Lough Neagh pattern, then hoved
by. Yoh! Brontolone slaaps, yoh snoores. Upon Benn Heather, in till he could fell hill and smearbread and the Switz bobbyguard's curial but we take it that hammerfast viking And Jarl van Demon's Land, some dimb Arras, dumb as thentimes every jamb in general, (night birman, you may have sylvan coyne, a turb for a full grave in his horns. Butter his blaetther began to clapplaud (the real Us !) that mouse in this overspoiled priest and Nephew, a desh? Finfoefom the incident prerepeated itself. The mixer, accordingly, was scratching at almost any graver impropriety than promulgate their mouths. So
valleys lay twinkling. And will hide a gross if he was merely trying thirstay mournin? Sobs they went too much so! 'Tis as was jauntingly hosing his birth is not Houseboat and who had had cast wide. Hvidfinns lyk, drohneth svertgleam, Valkir lockt. On the brekkers come to be bagged in the lion,in our desultory horses, and to the story as Aurelius; whugamore, tradertory, socianist, commoniser; made a bass dropt neck for any erenoon or when all but he wouldn't look of magd then; Cattermole Hill, exmountain of a maid; blimp, blump; a lover of the popynose. After his zoo-doo-you-doo,