"Why won't God heal amputees?"

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." And billions of Christians believe these promises. You can find thousands of books, magazine articles and Web sites talking about the power of prayer. According to believers, God is answering millions of their prayers every day.

So what should happen if we pray to God to restore amputated limbs? Clearly, if God is real, limbs should regenerate through prayer.

more

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

"When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him." (Luke 22:49-51 NIV)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him." (Luke 22:49-51 NIV)
Ah, another irrelevant bible quote.

Here's a relevant one:

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."

John 14:13-14

So, again, why doesn't Jesus heal amputees?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The Bible clearly promises that God answers prayers. For example, in Mark 11:24 Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." And billions of Christians believe these promises. You can find thousands of books, magazine articles and Web sites talking about the power of prayer. According to believers, God is answering millions of their prayers every day.

So what should happen if we pray to God to restore amputated limbs? Clearly, if God is real, limbs should regenerate through prayer.

more

Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

Sometimes the answer is no. But then, idiots like yourself don't like that answer and use it to bash whenever possible.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Even the Vatican agrees with things such as evolution as an unguided phenomen after creation.

All life stems from that one source. If it were a matter of conditions for life being optimal for life to pop out of nowhere, it would have happened several times as conditions are still conducive for the existence of life.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"Believe?" No. I don't believe in anything.

I'm just asking believers to explain why they need to re-interpret the word of their alleged god.

Although the answer is obvious: to explain away the fact that their book is a fiction.

#90Re: Why People Hate Atheists
I'm not a pre-bronze age goat herder without a knowledge of matter and energy that needs "tales" of a bearded guy to humanize these energies that create and alter dimensions.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
"Believe?" No. I don't believe in anything.

I'm just asking believers to explain why they need to re-interpret the word of their alleged god.

Although the answer is obvious: to explain away the fact that their book is a fiction.

Here's a little advice for that tiny little brain of yours. If, as you say, you don't believe in a reference, then don't use that reference.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Here's a little advice for that tiny little brain of yours. If, as you say, you don't believe in a reference, then don't use that reference.
Yep, when someone proves that your Holy Book is crap, go on the offensive. Maybe that way nobody will notice that your explanation is bullsh*t.