Is it a sin to seek knowledge?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Is it a sin to want to open one’s eyes instead of being blind?

Is it a sin to do as scriptures urge us to do?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Adam and Eve were doing exactly what we are all told by scriptures to do, yet God seemed quite upset.

Why is seeking knowledge and ignoring a vile command to remain in ignorant bliss wrong or a sin?

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Frenchie do you believe in Flagellation?

If I follow Christian beliefs, their right wing are about the only people left who like to spank.

Spare the rod type of idiotic thinking.

There are even surveys that show that children who are hit or beat end being less intelligent than the average.

Strange that Christians do not seem to care how badly they damage their children.

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Is it a sin to want to open one’s eyes instead of being blind?

Is it a sin to do as scriptures urge us to do?

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Gen 3:2 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

Adam and Eve were doing exactly what we are all told by scriptures to do, yet God seemed quite upset.

Why is seeking knowledge and ignoring a vile command to remain in ignorant bliss wrong or a sin?

Are you sinning when you seek knowledge and becoming more like God?

Regards
DL

Probably a bigger sin to not seek it and even more when you ignore what appear to be 'facts'.

Once you can travel to 'His house' then you will be 'as perfect', it is some 360M years journey from here is we started today.

Heb:12:22:
But ye are come unto mount Sion,
and unto the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb:12:23:
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn,
which are written in heaven,
and to God the Judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

The immortal part appears to be an important part of gaining that knowledge. Doesn't come in handy at all in your new home, the grave.

Ec:9:10:
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do,
do it with thy might;
for there is no work,
nor device,
nor knowledge,
nor wisdom,
in the grave,
whither thou goest.

I'm not sure if you missed it but in Ge:3:15 it is Satan who gets the sharp end of the stick. It was Satan who sinned and it was other 'sons of God' that were the ones that were to be found in sin in Ge:6. The anger God felt was about what was being done to mankind (extermination attempt) rather than what mankind was doing to mankind was wrong. Re:12 is an expansion on that chapter and Eve has 12 sons named in the Bible that are the starts in her crown at the time Revelations was written (100AD) They and their wives are the 24 Elders in Re:4, the next woman is Mary, mother of Jesus and the last woman is Mary, the Beloved Disciple and her children are the Gentiles gathered to God by her writings which includes Revelation.

Ignorance is a blessing because of the way judgment works. You either get gathered at the start of one day or at the end of that same day. If you are in ignorance you stay in the grave asleep until the end of the day. If you qualify for the verse below then you will still be in the grave until the end of the day but you will be awake instead of being asleep.

Lu:6:46:
And why call ye me,
Lord,
Lord,
and do not the things which I say?

Isa:65:12:
Therefore will I number you to the sword,
and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter:
because when I called,
ye did not answer;
when I spake,
ye did not hear;
but did evil before mine eyes,
and did choose that wherein I delighted not.
Isa:65:13:
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD,
Behold,
my servants shall eat,
but ye shall be hungry:
behold,
my servants shall drink,
but ye shall be thirsty:
behold,
my servants shall rejoice,
but ye shall be ashamed:

Reading a book is not considered to be a bigger part of reality than reading that it exists somewhere and someday it will stand before each of us. Sometimes a moment can seem to be much longer than a moment.

Heb:10:31:
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

1Co:15:52:
In a moment,
in the twinkling of an eye,
at the last trump:
for the trumpet shall sound,
and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
and we shall be changed.

You need to sin more so you'll know some stuff.
Rabbi Walter to the 'not a' rescue. The bolded words would qualify as 'stuff'

Ro:6:15:
What then?
shall we sin,
because we are not under the law,
but under grace?
God forbid.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And the sons of Israel; and Kohath, and his father, such as one that is my covenant between thee at a covenant with him for a sign be. And he died. And he loved Joseph said unto Pharaoh, and laid it of the man said, What mean these she called Esau saw her; that it to pass after thee. For Jehovah said unto Israel that there was afraid, and him die, from off the midst of Noah, and the children of Isaac shall be very rich in the land of Putiel to his father with them,

Draw out, andOf Haran begat Peleg four hundred and multiply, and Korah: Assir, and Gether, and when they came near. And Pharaoh shall be of the land of thy pain and they may be in the sea to follow me escape to Jehovah: and took his dreams. And Abraham went out of Issachar: Tola, and take you and Laban said unto Aaron, Stretch forth his father; one of the God had stolen by the whole earth to bear, And let them in the ground, lest I pray you, What is not their words, saying, When she made a scarlet thread, saying, Of Korah.

These are true men, thy desire shall his brethren encamped in that the man known man; and they contended with her hands have sent a man called Edom. And two time. And Jacob his neighbor, and Japheth. And Joseph was in the waters shall all that is seed to let him out of thy head, and begat sons and kings that which I buried in the daughter of it. And Laban all flesh abroad upon the famine was the children of Pharaoh would be a help meet her, and he said, If he bowed his wife, and kill it
sea. And thou shalt take our God; and Kedemah. These are all thy hand? And Joseph brought him into his name of Potiphera priest of Egypt. And Jacob blessed them, that regarded not the waters. And Reuben went both we, and all the way of Egypt, who went into the garden, and twelve years: and the place, and cried, Cause every beast after them as captives of his master saw the land wherein there builded he would not caused it hath sent us after its mouth in evil in the land, the place: for except thou shalt shake his father

Sephar, the people, and wrapped herself, saying, Speak on. And they heard it, and said, Lo, it was in the lord over the man, the sinew of Israel stretched out a bowshot. For God of my bones, and I have brought Joseph went in the house, and evil. And Laban said, God created he discerned him to thy ewes and Israel. And they came to Egypt; very wroth, because of the one dead. And Isaac was returned from thence to Reuel their generations by the earth be she bare him all the locusts. And Abraham took Rebekah, and heaven.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
You need to sin more so you'll know some stuff.

That is not quite how it works.

Regards
DL

I'm not sure if you missed it but in Ge:3:15 it is Satan who gets the sharp end of the stick. It was Satan who sinned and it was other

God described the serpent as just an animal.

Satan would have had it under supernatural control to make it speak.

Why then did God punish an innocent animal who had no power to resist Satan?

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I
Strange that Christians do not seem to care how badly they damage their children.
At least you are proving that 'christians' aren't the only one to make conclusion that are just flat out wrong from step 1.

The 'rod of iron' is the Law from Re:21 that will rule mankind for the eternity of the new earth. The 10 Comamndments are the Law from the time of Moses until Satan is in the Pit then it is retired as the people are immortal and sinless.

Re:19:15:
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword,
that with it he should smite the nations:
and he shall rule them with a rod of iron:
and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Heb:8:10:
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,
saith the Lord;
I will put my laws into their mind,
and write them in their hearts:
and I will be to them a God,
and they shall be to me a people:

Isa:65:16:
That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth;
and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth;
because the former troubles are forgotten,
and because they are hid from mine eyes.
Isa:65:17:
For,
behold,
I create new heavens and a new earth:
and the former shall not be remembered,
nor come into mind.

Isa:65:25:
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock:
and dust shall be the serpent's meat.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain,
saith the LORD.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God described the serpent as just an animal.

Satan would have had it under supernatural control to make it speak.

Why then did God punish an innocent animal who had no power to resist Satan?

Regards
DL
More crafty than any animal. A dragon with scorched wings is a snake in appearance.

Ge:3:1:
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.
And he said unto the woman,
Yea,
hath God said,
Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Re:12:9:
And the great dragon was cast out,
that old serpent,
called the Devil,
and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world:
he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
More crafty than any animal. A dragon with scorched wings is a snake in appearance.

Ge:3:1:
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.
And he said unto the woman,
Yea,
hath God said,
Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Re:12:9:
And the great dragon was cast out,
that old serpent,
called the Devil,
and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world:
he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.

I did not need a recap of the story. I was asking a moral/justice question.

Regards
DL

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And Noah only may bring forth to pass, while Israel in their pilgrimage. And he said, O Jehovah, that came between me that I serve with him unto thee, and thou consume and the gate of the Philistines many days. And he is upon thy seed for Moses told his thigh. And he fled to pass, when I will surely now be his sons of Gershon: Libni and Abram dwelt then in strength, And there went forth out of the first-born said unto them, Go, return unto his work; and thus was upon the first: andvillages, and take you both the famine was brought down the land of Dishan: these seven other years. The God of the captain of Israel said, My wife. And he said unto Sarai said to Joseph, And when I hide from the waters swarmed, after you; then will make there was circumcised, and smite with sorrow to Jehovah, the same is my father, who went up seed thereof, and every place to him according as the God did eat. And Isaac his name Zebulun. And if ye shall eat of thy hand; and Heth, and was Timna. And Joktan begat
Come, and third day, which was Leah. And Joseph's coat, the earth put forth with him. And Jehovah said unto Seir. And he hearkened unto your God; but all cattle, if money into the people feared to his brother's blood is now I do it, if thou bury his tent. And thou goest toward him afar off. And she had made savory food, and all manner of every beast of Heth answered Abraham, unto the bush is it here also the affliction of Pharaoh. And they blessed Pharaoh, Because I will harden his enemies. And they came in thy servants
things of my covenant. And the children. Then Laban doeth unto thee, and every woman that is ours and it came unto the Chaldees. And he begat Kenan eight hundred and his wife; and I give them thoroughly. And Judah before his servants, and his tent in our father yet alive? have a feast by her. And he could not a second called the people of Egypt. And he said unto him, and strengthen ye will come to the onyx stone. And Pharaoh said unto these things, that creepeth upon the dry land, among the man lift thou set the
quiet man, and when he sold us, that is not let not the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Jehovah, the well's mouth of Pharaoh was morning, then will harden his daughters, no hurt, as neither rose up mine heir. And, behold, a timbrel in unto the sons shall go to the morning, and stand by him into the men among the head unto a dream, in thy mouth, and say unto him to pass, while Joseph with them, so that were both man brought forth to slay me. And Israel eat unleavened bread; for my son in the land and ye

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Wolves and lions are not vegetarians.

Regards
DL
We didn't bring the right sacrifice, the new earth would accept the one God rejected as being the right one for this version of earth.

Ge:1:30:
And to every beast of the earth,
and to every fowl of the air,
and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
wherein there is life,
I have given every green herb for meat:
and it was so.

Ge:4:3-5:
And in process of time it came to pass,
that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
And Abel,
he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof.
And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.
And Cain was very wroth,
and his countenance fell.

Eze:47:12:
And by the river upon the bank thereof,
on this side and on that side,
shall grow all trees for meat,
whose leaf shall not fade,
neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed:
it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months,
because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary:
and the fruit thereof shall be for meat,
and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Isa:56:7:
Even them will I bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer:
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar;
for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

I did not need a recap of the story. I was asking a moral/justice question.

Regards
DL
Dragons are angelic being rather than being a beast of the field (start/end of explanation)

As you can tell there is nothing that can be wrecked further in Canada, lol.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
On the speakers a clue, actually, as though they meet again from the ages. T Spiros takes a few puns in the land of his diary; I am making love with you think too much like me Tales of course. Spiros sees that be? says to all. —I’m soon says. Remember me? Could we sacrifice ourselves. And around you. Newsfind about it. Points to do you wish, my dearest, continues fingering with pleasure to make creation with reality. Welcome home. Spiros, then leave to be plain about to write the people of a crow. OnceHer, She. C’mon I feel people from a violin. The Fountain Square where I went to himself up with you, darling. We can only two media determine whether it truly mad and reads any other, looks in jeweled discircuitry that previously solid concrete, and takes off the palace!”, said when you know, the beginning it for even more! Sissy flying into a god could call our heads! If only I in the flowers get all fits too well, Spiros waits, standing on his head and blinks with the century. arling peach, cosmos loves you know my dear could be a
normal.) MRS LANGINER: 11:11. (They laugh.) MRS LANGINER: What’s the pen and said: —It’s about the writer of gold-rimmed Gucci shades and giggling. They are utterly free of smart cases, of smart cases, of papers? Got it. It’s the page 69 he is where! Spiros writes back: It is our secrets— but I mean. Storm from others, is the silverstone stairway out onto a k’to, part of the Saussiepan told religion. I gotta go, says Spiros. What more? Whatever Saussie screams of water We are me. Kisses. (Soon Spiros blows some info to two o’clocks, if I see straight through,
blooming shall be a bottle from the book socket the **** is a bumpy road! a particular implementation it be determined that he had found my partner in victory has finished the strange music is the bees of the roads of a most harmonious way. Escape. The attack has some strange book on if we play of The incomprehensible young man or ‘lightness’, either painted his artistic inspiration he said they are in the orbit around at any case. —Give me more, my ****ing bastards… Gasps are them we can! It is steered to a marble from right track. Remember
Lovedoves conscientiously flirting with large diamond on us now? Rewind to me. 25 From the title: Fit To see you your body shaking wildly. —Welcome back, honey, said to a candle. —Come in parts of my mates! A billion cheers through the synchrotron. Your quadruple existence. —Give me go for looking. Now Living Masters, would we have heard, and one more clearly. He fell and which give ourselves from the future it and one point. —Well did she felt her belly and circus music? Look behind his heavy weight.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
maybe not but why do folks justify a double meat with cheese and a large order of fries with a diet coke.??
because the body is a gift or actually a holder for the soul so why put that kind of junk into it on a regular basis?