Why does God not follow the Golden Rule? His best rule?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_-nHw0_Fos&feature=player_embedded

I have a hard time seeing God as --- doing unto others as he would want done to himself --- in the clip above. I cannot see God wanting someone to do what he did to the women who owned those wombs to him. He is therefore certainly not walking his talk or fallowing his own good advice.

It seems that people are more responsible than God as we are trying to get everyone on board the Golden Rule that God ignores.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

You really should pick up the right version of what is what.

Re:7:17:
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Re:21:4:
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
You really should pick up the right version of what is what.

Re:7:17:
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them,
and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters:
and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Re:21:4:
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow,
nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

This is due to happen after he kills instead of cures all those he created defective. Right?

Is killing instead of curing doing unto others as one would want done to oneself?

Regards
DL

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You will note that I did it all the right way if you use the quote function. Don't bother though.

Regards
DL

FAIL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. - Thomas Paine

I agree with that.

Robert Ingersoll also had the same type of thinking.

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This is due to happen after he kills instead of cures all those he created defective. Right?

Is killing instead of curing doing unto others as one would want done to oneself?

Regards
DL
If you aren't that impressed with 'the plan' so far imagine if he allowed you live as long as Adam, do you think that is 'kind' when the world is 'somewhat imperfect'. To show I love you I will let you be tormented longer that necessary.
Perhaps you should bone up on Job's life to see what God gives and what you get when Satan is in control. Think of him as the embodiment of Murphy's Law

Do unto others eh? How many father's send their sons to the grave as part of 'just another day at the office'. If you want God to be eternally kind before that era arrives it would be you that is delusional.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
If you aren't that impressed with 'the plan' so far imagine if he allowed you live as long as Adam, do you think that is 'kind' when the world is 'somewhat imperfect'. To show I love you I will let you be tormented longer that necessary.
Perhaps you should bone up on Job's life to see what God gives and what you get when Satan is in control. Think of him as the embodiment of Murphy's Law

Do unto others eh? How many father's send their sons to the grave as part of 'just another day at the office'. If you want God to be eternally kind before that era arrives it would be you that is delusional.

Somewhat imperfect??

Do scriptures not say that God creates all his works perfectly?

Yes they do and personally, I see evolving perfection all around me just as Jesus said it is.

After all the kingdom of God is both within us and outside of us.

We are always living in the best of all possible worlds as it is the only possible world.

As to Job, you seem to think the villain is Satan but Job 2;3 shows God whining that Satan moved him to destroy without cayuse.

That is God admitting to sinning and doing evil. You give Satan credit that she does not deserve.

Not surprising. Most try to blame women for all of our woes.

Men are so pathetic.

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Somewhat imperfect??
Perfection is a process, God was perfected before Ge:1:1, what He created would become to be perfect, it was not created perfect or there could be no progression.

Do scriptures not say that God creates all his works perfectly?
Make up something to support you claim is true. it isn't, the earth at the end of the 6th day was made 'good'. When you are a perfectionist 'good' is not your 'best effort' and that is why this earth is destined for destruction and the earth that replaces it if the perfected verion of this one. Garden like locations but no sin and no death.

Isa:66:22:
For as the new heavens and the new earth,
which I will make,
shall remain before me,
saith the LORD,
so shall your seed and your name remain.

Yes they do and personally, I see evolving perfection all around me just as Jesus said it is.
God gave men a lifespan of 120 years and then judgment that would include immortality if you are found to be without sin. God made sure nobody reached that age as a sinner. Taking their breath away erases all their sins so when it is given back it is a sinless person that is standing there.

After all the kingdom of God is both within us and outside of us.
We have a book that gives us some information and that is to be the comfort we get from the Kingdom of Heaven until it shows up with power and then you have the kingdom outside of you as well. Knowledge about God won't ward off death.

We are always living in the best of all possible worlds as it is the only possible world.
Really, somebody with bulging pockets lay that one on you? Blame God for the woes you endure that are caused by men alone. Not saying you can't start the investigation there but the traits might not point at God unless you view all Laws as being needless control devices.

As to Job, you seem to think the villain is Satan but Job 2;3 shows God whining that Satan moved him to destroy without cayuse.
Job wasn't doing anything that would justify punishment, look around there are millions of Jobs alive in the world today and the plight is not caused by God unless you want to blame Him for what goes on when His back is turned. Seems more like an agenda rather than a conclusion reached by deductive reasoning.

That is God admitting to sinning and doing evil. You give Satan credit that she does not deserve.
Really?

Not surprising. Most try to blame women for all of our woes.
That is the way it works if you expand woman to mean anybody at a disadvantage

Men are so pathetic.
In your world as well as mine.