Turkey’s palace coated in vinegar to protect against genies

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Officers from Turkey’s state institutions have now turned to folk magic to prevent misfortune, with TİB using vinegar-infused water to ward off genies and cyber-attacks, with the practice supposedly spreading even to the presidential palace, police, military and intelligence agency.

People used to believe these sorts of superstitions back in the day and it has since become a tradition in their homes, explains Aksünger, "it’s an urban legend of course, but they used to sprinkle vinegar-infused water around their homes to keep out genies and fairies."

Apparently at TİB there are containers of vinegar water that are being sprinkled around the facility. When Aksünger’s source asked the staff what they were doing, their response was that though they had successfully purged the organization of unwanted personnel, they were still unable to keep information from leaking, and so they were using vinegar water against people with bad intentions, genies and fairies. “What they’re referring to as genies and fairies is most likely a cyber-attack,” explains Aksünger.

He adds that the after hearing of this rumor from the TİB, he dug a little more and found that the government also makes sure that Turkey’s military, police and National Intelligence Agency (MİT) also have vinegar water on hand. “I've even heard that the practice was taking place at the presidential palace,” he added, “They’re sprinkling vinegar water around the palace, [First Lady] Emine Erdoğan is sprinkling it, from what I've heard.”

Aksünger also filed an official request for information in parliament to find out more about the matter. Alongside inquiries about the latest hires at the TİB, their political affiliation, their pay and their connection to MİT were a series of questions about the efficacy of using vinegar-infused water for cyber security.

Turkey’s presidential palace coated in vinegar to protect against genies

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Vinegar and brown paper treats concussions.
-The NHL

PS
Love pickled eggs. Use the vinegar from rollmop herrings.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
-The NHL

PS

Place brown paper on contract, apply vinegar. Boom. Concussions treated.

-The NHL

PS

Love the eggs. Despite my Danish heritage, you can keep the fish.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
...ok, yep, nope. I'm not going to do it. I was going to make a joke about a summers eve but I thought, no I shou... damit, too late.

Well, you could but that would be kind of a douche thing to do...........:D

See what I did there? Huh, did ya, huh?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Despite my Danish heritage, you can keep the fish.

Cut two thick slices from a loaf of freshly baked bread. Spread butter liberally on one slice. Build a sandwich with layers of rollmop herring and Spanish onion slices soaked in apple vinegar. Sprinkle pepper to taste. Enjoy!

Caution:
Brush teeth afterwards if going to play cards with your buddies or riding in your brand-new vehicle with its windows closed.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I always thought genies and fairies were the good guys. After all, Disney said so, didn't he?

Never trust Disney people. I trust the horror writers and monster makers, they get all that dark stuff out for everyone to see. But those Disney folks gotta be some kind of repressed.

I'd fear to go into their basements.8O

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Never trust Disney people. I trust the horror writers and monster makers, they get all that dark stuff out for everyone to see. But those Disney folks gotta be some kind of repressed.

I'd fear to go into their basements.8O
You mean the three wishes thing is a hoax? Gawd I hate growing up.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
And, from Wickedpaedia.
Quote:
"The Qur'an says that the jinn are made of a smokeless and "scorching fire", but are also physical in nature, being able to interact in a tactile manner with people and objects and likewise be acted upon. The jinn, humans and angles make up the three known sapient creations of Gawd. Like human beings, the jinn can be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent and hence have free will like humans and unlike angels."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And, from Wickedpaedia.
Quote:
"The Qur'an says that the jinn are made of a smokeless and "scorching fire",but are also physical in nature, being able to interact in a tactile manner with people and objects and likewise be acted upon. The jinn, humans and angles make up the three known sapient creations of Gawd. Like human beings, the jinn can be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent and hence have free will like humans and unlike angels."
angels don't have free will...8O

guess none of their angels revolted...good for them