13 Year Old To Marry Man Who Raped Her

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
A father in Tudun Rubudi of Ungogo local government, Kano State has given his 13-year-old daughter to one of the four men who allegedly gang-raped her.

Usaini Ja’afar alongside Sani Isa, Jamilu Sani and Isa Musa were all arrested in December 2014 by Kano State Hisbah Board’s Dala Command after they were all found naked at an uncompleted building shortly after they had raped the 13-year-old girl.

According to Hisbah officials, three of the suspects confessed that they had raped the girl who was lured to the uncompleted building. During interrogations, one of the rapists, Usiani Ja’afar pleaded to marry the girl, begging her father to give his blessings.

The father, Malam Ya’u, a mechanic, spoke to Weekly Trust and revealed that he was at his garage working when Hisbah officials came with the news that his daughter had been raped.

Malam Ya’u said he wanted all of them to be tried and sent to jail for their crimes but had to change his stance after all of them showed remorse for the crime and one even pleading to marry the 13-year-old girl. “When all of them showed remorse, especially the one pleading to marry her, Ja’afar, I decided to temper justice with mercy,” the rape victim’s father told Weekly Trust.

According to Malam Yau, Usaini indicated his seriousness of marrying his daughter by carrying out the customary tradition of coming with his family to formally ask the hand of the girl in marriage. “He came with his uncle, who it turned out I already knew and had a cordial relationship with. So I accepted the request and will marry her off to him. In fact, the date for the wedding has been fixed since.

I decided to allow him marry the girl because our consultations with our Malams (Islamic clerics) showed that there is nothing wrong about that,” Malam Ya’u said.

The forgiving father said he considered Ja’afar appeal because of the numerous plea he got from Usiani and his uncles. He also revealed that his daughter had undergone medical tests and result showed that she is okay.

Kano-based Islamic scholar, Sheikh Fadlu Dan Almajiri Fagge, said that the Islam religion allows for a rape victim to marry the man who raped her provided certain conditions are met. “First, the girl has to observe Istibira’i, a month period to ensure absence of pregnancy. The girl should not also be among those prohibited for the rapist. Provided those conditions are met, marriage can take place with the consent of the girl and her parents,” Shiekh Fadlu Dan Almajiri Fagge said.

Shocking: Man gives out 13-year-old daughter in marriage to man who raped her - Gist - Pulse

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
See? Everybody's happy. If this happened in the West there'd be all kinds of courtroom dwama, editorials, marches, hashtags, and who knows what else.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
b-b-but.... your sister didn't have any choice, tee... but you're good with that, I guess

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
no, but you can behead the fakirs that did it... at least there you can.

their treacherous act warrants no mercy.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
and if that's the case, beheading the whole fandamily would work for me too!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
She still runs that risk via the 'husband' and family for the rest of her life.

I'm thinking that it's only a matter of time before hubby decides that his new wife was passed around before marriage and is not suitable.... Of course, this decision is made only some time after the wedding once he is free from the charges.

That's the beauty of honor killings.. Lots of room for subjective interpretation

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
She still runs that risk via the 'husband' and family for the rest of her life.
The life of man is short and full of troubles. That's in the bible.

I'm thinking that it's only a matter of time before hubby decides that his new wife was passed around before marriage and is not suitable.... Of course, this decision is made only some time after the wedding once he is free from the charges.
Oh well. She probably wasn't gonna cure cancer nohow.

That's the beauty of honor killings.. Lots of room for subjective interpretation
Dead Muslims either way, so it's a good thing.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Get some good cooking before then.

Who knows, maybe this woman (girl) can take a page from Lorena Bobbit's playbook and exact some form of justice

"Everybody must get stoned."
The Gospel of Bob 5:31

lol... We wouldn't have anywhere near the problems that we do if more folks subscribed to the spirit of the aforementioned gospel

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Can't overlook the fact that Dylan may actually have been Jesus. Consider:

Born in a provincial backwater (believe me, it don't get no more provincial than Hibbing, Minnesota).
Jewish
Spouted profound wisdom or incoherent babble, depending on who you ask.
Couldn't carry a tune in a bag.
Has millions of followers who don't understand his message.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
As I said, better'n her family murdering her for her "dishonour." My opinion, of course. You're free to disagree. I won't shoot you. Je suis Charlie.
So.... You are certain that death would be worse than life long slavery??? Geez kinda puts the sacrifices of all those men and women who go to war to protect our countries into perspective doesn't it. Should have stayed home and let terrorists, criminals, and enemies enslave the lot of us.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Can't overlook the fact that Dylan may actually have been Jesus. Consider:

Born in a provincial backwater (believe me, it don't get no more provincial than Hibbing, Minnesota).
Jewish
Spouted profound wisdom or incoherent babble, depending on who you ask.
Couldn't carry a tune in a bag.
Has millions of followers who don't understand his message.

You make a helluva case.