Women. Religion’s longest running victims.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Women enslaved by religion? Which ones?

Why are the majority of converts to Islam women?

Why are the majority in Christian churches women?

I've attended services or meetings conducted by Jehovah's Witnesses, Hindus, Quakers, Moonies, and a bunch of others - again, all of which included a majority of women. But they do not see it as enslavement. Perhaps if women spoke out and presented evidence to support your claim you might get some credibility.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

I've attended services or meetings conducted by Jehovah's Witnesses, Hindus, Quakers, Moonies, and a bunch of others - again, all of which included a majority of women. But they do not see it as enslavement. Perhaps if women spoke out and presented evidence to support your claim you might get some credibility.

If any here are wearing the type of glasses where they see our world and country as having equality, then their opinion is not worthy of consideration.

They are blind and stupid and have no clue as to what justice is all about.

Regards
DL

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
If any here are wearing the type of glasses where they see our world and country as having equality, then their opinion is not worthy of consideration.

They are blind and stupid and have no clue as to what justice is all about.

Regards
DL

Your reply does not even begin to answer the question nor does it provide even a semblance of substantive matter which backs up your OP.

Stupidity and willful blindness are characteristics of cults and extremists who follow the teachings of their masters without seeing so much as a semblance of truth in those teachings and without questioning any of it. Most of us in this forum are not cultists and this is why we question.

If you want a reasoned discussion on this matter you need to make more than just a general statement and expect people to blindly accept your thesis. You need to provide specific instances or examples of your claim and then back those up with substantive proofs. So far you have done nothing and that is likely why this thread has gotten so little attention.

Perhaps, if have the capability, you would like to show a little more intelligence and try to take a more rational approach to the theme you have presented.

Regards ...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Women are brought up a certain way. What is considered confident and assertive in a boy, teenage man is considered bitchy and bossy in women. We are guided from birth to be polite, ladylike, non assertive, pretty, quiet. The holy books of various religions reinforce this warped view for women.

Why any women would believe in any god when it's clearly a sexist males' ideal, is a huge riddle to me.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families.

I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens.

Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you.

Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up.

Please.

Regards
DL

What a load of old cobblers. Women are more into religion than men nowadays.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Women. Religion’s longest running victims. Here we are in civilized and enlightened societies and cultures in high tech times and we are not smart enough to recognize that the world will continue in strife as long as we men do not give women full equality as a minimum to what men should do towards the care of families. I hope you are astute enough to see this. If you do nothing then you know not what duty to your family should be. The women in your family deserve to be first class citizens. Men are maintaining God’s curse against women. He will rule over you. Men. Christians, Catholics and Muslims. Free your women. It’s time. Man up. Please. Regards DL

I follow your thinking on this, FP.

In a simple and secular sense, "religion" refers to mere human assumptions about the nature and purpose of a supreme creative and controlling being. It includes near-sighted and corrupted attempts to relate to such an imagined being on human terms. Religion of this type does not begin to approach the inherent dignity of all human beings, male and female. So it is a disservice to all humanity, regardless of gender. Men and women alike suffer under such a system.

"Faith" however is another matter entirely.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I had five sisters, and when I was an adult I had three daughters. So any opinion I have would naturally be relative to my circumstances. If you study the history of religion you'll find that women were indeed considered to be on a lower plane than men. Why hell gals weren't even allowed to vote in this country until the twentieth century. It's better now though. We've finally started to extract our heads out of our backsides and can see a little better these days.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Women are brought up a certain way. What is considered confident and assertive in a boy, teenage man is considered bitchy and bossy in women. We are guided from birth to be polite, ladylike, non assertive, pretty, quiet. The holy books of various religions reinforce this warped view for women.

Why any women would believe in any god when it's clearly a sexist males' ideal, is a huge riddle to me.

An intelligent voice. How refreshing.

Regards
DL

What a load of old cobblers. Women are more into religion than men nowadays.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Indeed. Praying for men to reform and remember their duty to women and the family.

Oppressors need not pray but the oppressed will.

Regards
DL

I follow your thinking on this, FP.

In a simple and secular sense, "religion" refers to mere human assumptions about the nature and purpose of a supreme creative and controlling being. It includes near-sighted and corrupted attempts to relate to such an imagined being on human terms. Religion of this type does not begin to approach the inherent dignity of all human beings, male and female. So it is a disservice to all humanity, regardless of gender. Men and women alike suffer under such a system.

"Faith" however is another matter entirely.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Oh my. Another new and intelligent mind.

This place may have reached a tipping point against the less enlightened crowd. Ley us pray to all the Gods.

That would be nice for Canada.

Regards
DL

How do the men suffer under such a system? (this is a geniune question, no sarcasm intended, meant or implied)

If I may.

All who seek justice will feel the pain of having it denied to women and gays.
None can be equal when 50% of the population is not.

I do not doubt that my Canada is as advanced in this area as we can be given the U.S. impact on our politics and religions but for us as the West to be preaching equality to the East, --- while we do not walk our talk, --- is retarding civilisation world wide.

Regards
DL

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"Women. Religion’s longest running victims."

BS children are the longest running victims, half of them become women half of them become men

And today since no one pays much attention to true religion we have the ruined popular culture to blame for the fate of most victims, Gangsta Rap anyone?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
"Women. Religion’s longest running victims."

BS children are the longest running victims, half of them become women half of them become men

And today since no one pays much attention to true religion we have the ruined popular culture to blame for the fate of most victims, Gangsta Rap anyone?

True religion as defined by which God?

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Isn't there only one?.......With several different names?

Regards
AP

Is there only one?

Place no other Gods before me sounds like God did not want other of the Gods before him.

Jews did not think there was only one God. Google Asherah.

As a Gnostic Christian, I have no problem with a lot of gods electing a God.

That is about what Revelation teaches for the elect of God.

Regards
DL

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Twila; said:

Are you saying men are responsible for girls being brought up this way? Most girls I know spend far more time with their moms than their dads. And most school teachers are women.

You might recall that a few years ago we had a Goddess movement that coincided with the feminist movement. But both ideas were branded as "liberal", commie inspired, pagan, antichrist, and were given other epithets. Why do you suppose these attacks went largely unchallenged and why both died out with the 1980s?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Are you saying men are responsible for girls being brought up this way? Most girls I know spend far more time with their moms than their dads. And most school teachers are women.

Fathers and Mothers. However, since mothers have historically always had to be submissive and do as they were told (rule of thumb) or be punished I'm going to suggest that the majority of the blame lands on the society that created the rules, and enforced the rules.

Above I did say Fathers and Mothers, but I would prefer that we negate the blame and simply acknowledge what has happened in the past, accept the repercussions for what that has caused and is causing for (some) women still and move forward.

You might recall that a few years ago we had a Goddess movement that coincided with the feminist movement. But both ideas were branded as "liberal", commie inspired, pagan, antichrist, and were given other epithets. Why do you suppose these attacks went largely unchallenged and why both died out with the 1980s?
I think it may have died down (not out) in the 1980's because this was when women started to HAVE to go to work to help support their families. You don't rock the boat that has the hand that holds the pay cheque. You have to know when to push and when to back up a bit. But women still had to be careful about going to the cops, about going through courts, careful not to be left bereft of child support should the man leave. Women, even in the 1980's had some issues to deal with.

Last edited: