Atheist Group Demands That Gov. Scott Walker Delete Religious Tweet

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
atheists, they so mad. :lol:

A Wisconsin-based atheist organization has demanded that that Governor Scott Walker remove a posting on the social media website Twitter that is religious in nature.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation stated Tuesday that they took exception to Walker's official account, including a tweet posted Sunday that simply read, "Philippians 4:13."

As rendered by the New King James Version, Philippians 4:13 states, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

more

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Walker is still a person. Allowed to express his own opinions. And again, twitter is twitter. Now was this a law in the legislature, different story.
Government accounts are generally for official use only.

Not that I give a damn, mind. I was just correcting what I perceived as a misconception on your part, i.e., that the government is only forbidden to endorse religion if the medium is government-owned. As for Walker, I wouldn't care if he praised Allah on his official twitter account. Might could be getting a different reaction from Locutus in that case, though.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Just the usual observation that some atheists are very intolerant, closed-minded and uppity. Dig? :smile:
People in general are intolerant and uppity. No group has a patent on them. Theists and atheist both think their way is better. Nothing will change that. It seems to be human nature.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
People in general are intolerant and uppity. No group has a patent on them. Theists and atheist both think their way is better. Nothing will change that. It seems to be human nature.

True.

It's the squeaky busybodies like these clowns that sully the whole sometime-strained relationship between sides. Best live and let live. Allow someone to be 'wrong'.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
True.

It's the squeaky busybodies like these clowns that sully the whole sometime-strained relationship between sides. Best live and let live. Allow someone to be 'wrong'.
The need to be right is very childish. If people could accept their differences, life would be a lot less antagonistic. People want peace, but only on their terms.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I've been wrong about 10 times today and it's only 3 o'clock. It ain't no thing.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Just the usual observation that some atheists are very intolerant, closed-minded and uppity. Dig? :smile:
HAHAHAHAHA yeah you are one of those eh? Only a religious fanatic hates so much.... man you fit the right wingnut profile to the tee

True.

Hope you comprehend what you post

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
atheists, they so mad. :lol:

A Wisconsin-based atheist organization has demanded that that Governor Scott Walker remove a posting on the social media website Twitter that is religious in nature.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation stated Tuesday that they took exception to Walker's official account, including a tweet posted Sunday that simply read, "Philippians 4:13."

As rendered by the New King James Version, Philippians 4:13 states, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

more

lol Some atheists can be awfully comical in their retentiveness.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yeah, when it comes to high (that which is perceived to be high anyway) priority stuff, damn near everyone thinks their spirituality or political bent is better, bigger, and/or more important than others'.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Just mind our business and leave others to their own version of serenity or anchoring.

Don't matter if atheist, hindu or what have you. Let 'em alone and you'll 'fret' less about meaningless crap. :smile:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Just mind our business and leave others to their own version of serenity or anchoring.

Don't matter if atheist, hindu or what have you. Let 'em alone and you'll 'fret' less about meaningless crap. :smile:
ah but you like to slip in selective news of what you really hate but don't have the guts to say so... you hate atheist but will never stand up to why.