List of the 10 Wealthiest Pastors

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
(Barry Bowen) Forbes Magazine is famous for its annual list of the world’s wealthiest billionaires. If Forbes compiled a list of the world’s wealthiest religious leaders, I wonder how people would rank on such a list and what their net worth would be estimated at.

Complicating the matter of estimating net worth is that many televangelists/pastors live in extravagant homes owned by their “non-profit” ministry or church. Some also travel in private jets owned by their ministry. So these assets would not necessarily be included with personal net worth.

Nehanda Radio based in Zimbabwe has compiled a list of 10 of the wealthiest pastors and the list has spread rapidly on the Internet. Almost 300 people have liked the article via Facebook.

This list includes five pastors from Nigeria. It also indicates the estimated net worth for some pastors but doesn’t include the sources used in compiling this list.

Nehanda Radio’s List:

1. Bishop T.D. Jakes – net worth $150
  2. Bishop David Oyedepo – net worth – $150 million
  3. E A Adeboye
  4. Benny Hinn – net worth $42 million
  5. Chris Oyakhilome – net worth $30 to $50 million
  6. Creflo Dollar
  7. Kenneth Copeland
  8. Billy Graham – net worth $25 million (note: this amount is questionable, see below)
  9. Matthew Ashimolowo – annual income $200,000
  10. Temitope Joshua – net worth $10 million to $15 million
Well known pastors Rick Warren, Joel Osteen and Edir Macedo are not included in this list. Brazilian pastor Macedo is founder of the Universal Church of the Kingdom o

more

| List of the 10 Wealthiest PastorsWealthy Debates

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
$65 Mil for a New Private Jet, Creflo Dollar?

On the streets of any hood in the United States, Creflo Dollar would be called a hustler. Behind the pulpit, however, he’s called pastor, and if that’s not a sin, I don’t know what else to call it.

Dollar, who made headlines in 2012 for allegedly assaulting his then 15-year-old daughter, has now launched a full-fledged campaign to pressure his World Changers Church International congregation into buying him a new, $65 million Gulfstream G650 jet.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Apparently, the right reverend was traveling on his old private jet when the aircraft experienced engine failure. Fortunately, the pilot was able to land safely without any injuries or fatalities, but the incident was so frightening, Dollar felt compelled to reach out to his flock.

His G650 plea reads, partially, as follows:

We are asking members, partners and supporters of this ministry to assist in the undertaking of an initiative called Project G650. The mission of Project G650 is to acquire a Gulfstream G650 airplane so that Pastors Creflo and Taffi and World Changers Church International can continue to blanket the globe with the Gospel of grace. We are believing for 200,000 people to give contributions of 300 US dollars or more to turn this dream into a reality—and allow us to retire the aircraft that served us well for many years.

To which, the question has to be asked: Is American Airlines closed? Did Delta go on break?

According to a recent Atlanta Blackstar report, Dollar has an estimated net worth of $27 million—200 times more than the $29,640 average annual income in College Park, Ga., where he holds court.

So, for argument’s sake, let’s say that he’s such a VIP that it’s just absolutely necessary for him to own a private jet—or, maybe, he’s just allergic to those two-pack Biscoff cookies airlines pass out in-flight. But why can’t he pay for it himself?

After all, this is a man who tells his followers that Jesus wants them to be rich, and if you pay him, he’ll show you how to do it. He unapologetically flaunts his wealth to prove to his congregation that the God of the Holy Bible will make those faithful to him richer than Empire’s Lucious Lyon. His prosperity gospel has encouraged more materialism and greed that any episode of Basketball Wives ever could. And he walks around with more gold than Trinidad James.

He’s too broke, though, to buy his own plane?

You Better Fly Commercial, Creflo Dollar - The Root

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Lettuce not think ill of the Lords appointed regents who have , though we may not understand,been suckled on the Lords right good breast and plumbened muchly in his/her devowtt service. Question not gods mysterious ways. I am a poor man but I am sending the good pastor fifty bucks. The wife will gladly go without shoes for a while. halalooja

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I tuned in to Creflo Dollar once. His entire message seems to be he has personal relationship with the Almighty... and buying him things (uhh.. contributing to his 'ministry').. will make you rich by way of his, and his alone, intercession.

Caveat Emptor.. of any Pastor who has not committed himself to poverty, chastity (within or without of marriage).. and obedience to a wider church community.

Most Baptist and Pentacostal preachers now, who run 'free' churches that are unalligned with religious organizations or norms, are cult leaders. They live lives of privilege.. usually have almost no theological education or understanding. What's more they provide no moral or religious instruction except blind allegiance to the preacher.

They have a carnival barker's style that mesmerizes and disorients, and works to obstruct any application of reason or skepticism. The worst of them demand unquestioned control of their followers.. they set up harems of young women at their beck and call.. demand luxury villas, cars.. and Gulfstream jets.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Lettuce not think ill of the Lords appointed regents who have , though we may not understand,been suckled on the Lords right good breast and plumbened muchly in his/her devowtt service. Question not gods mysterious ways. I am a poor man but I am sending the good pastor fifty bucks. The wife will gladly go without shoes for a while. halalooja
Not necessarily a big fan of sarcasm but I have to admit that was good.:).

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
God spoke to me and said vote for the Canadian federal Liberals so the way can be cleared for the second coming of Jesus Christ. Amen. But if you want the promise of accountability and transparency and a better muzzle then the federal Conservatives can provide that.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
God spoke to me and said vote for the Canadian federal Liberals so the way can be cleared for the second coming of Jesus Christ. Amen. But if you want the promise of accountability and transparency and a better muzzle then the federal Conservatives can provide that.
That's odd, God told me not to vote for them.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Raise the Lord!!

PTL Club = Pass the Loot

These people sure love their money.

Well, no surprise as the notorious Reverend Ike said "the lack of money is the root of all evil".

L Ron Hubbard who founded the Scientology cult once said, if you really want to make money, start a religion.

They sure didn't care much for the teachings of Jesus.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I don't know about this list of the most wealthiest but one things for certain, I do know who has the best hair style of the group and that would be Mr. Hinn. A tornado could sweep the man off the ground and not a hair would be out of place. I do believe his conditioner has lacquer in it. Quite impressive do no question about it.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Good heavens, why aren't you a pastor. You perhaps would still be poor because, you actually believe what you say, and might get people believing.. However, I suspect in the present day religious arena, the public has become very jaded and you would end up poorer than now........your parishioners would be asking you for money.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Creflo Dollar’s ministry says he will get his $65 million jet

It’s their money and they can spend it on a $65 million jet if they want to, the board of directors for Creflo Dollar’s ministry said.

“We plan to acquire a Gulfstream G650 because it is the best, and it is a reflection of the level of excellence at which this organization chooses to operate,” leaders of World Changers Church International said.

In a lengthy statement published online, ministry leaders also acknowledged a fundraising video featuring its founder missed the mark — sorta.

“There was no pressure of any kind applied to anyone, but rather an opportunity was presented to those in our community who may be inclined to participate and who stand to benefit from the global mobility of our ministry leaders,” the ministry said. “We fully acknowledge that the campaign video did not do a good job of communicating the request, and we apologize for any confusion it may have caused – it is in the process of being revamped and will be re-released when complete.”

Dollar’s request for the top-of-the-line plane drew sharp criticism from many who questioned the need for such a high-priced investment. Plus, experts told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the plane has no room for cargo such as pounds of food and other goods to carry to those in need.

Dollar fired back in front of his congregation in a video posted on YouTube.

“If I want to believe God for a $65 million plane, you cannot stop me,” Dollar told his followers. “You cannot stop me from dreaming. I’m gonna dream until Jesus comes.”

In the board’s recent statement, church leaders said the fundraising appeal was intended for a “specific community of like-minded people” among its millions of followers. Church leaders cited safety as a reason for buying the Gulfstream G650.

Dollar isn’t the first mega-church pastor to require a private jet rather than relying on commercial airlines to spread Christianity. A list compiled in 2011 shows 20 other ministries also have their own jets, though none are the G650.

Dollar established his ministry in 1981 while a student at West Georgia College, where he also met his wife, according to his church’s website. His first service was held in 1986 in an elementary school cafeteria, and in 1988, the Dollars purchased the former Atlanta Christian Center Church in College Park.

In 1995, the ministry moved into its current location, the 8,500-seat “World Dome” on Burdett Road.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/creflo-dollars-ministry-says-he-will-get-his-65-mi/nmTpk/

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I v just spent the last three hours udside down in the trim pit after the planner, I was completely ****ed up with how to escape the pit

I `kept screeming help nelp but knowbody cared or heard, untill this miracoulous vision appeared and lifted me fropm the trim pit bodility, saint shavings howowed be thy name.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I haven't shaved all week and now I am regretting it. I'll shave either tonight or tomorrow morning.