Does God get a fail in the love category?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

All will agree that in loving someone, that love must be shown in works, deeds and actions. This allows for reciprocity which is what makes what would be a one way corrupted love a true two way love.

Believers see God as the greatest lover of mankind yet he does no works or deeds to show us that he loves us.

Love, like faith, without works and deeds is dead. That’s scripture. Love, to be true love, must be shown by works, deeds and actions. The fact that God does not show his love by works, deeds and actions at a personal or collective level means that God does not love us. Some are going to point to the notion that God created them but remember that that is not a provable claim so please do not offer it. Remember that way too high of a percentage of us are born with defects.

Do you believe that God loves us?

Why or why not?

------------------------------

God is also said to love us unconditionally. Yet if we do not love, honor, obey and believe in him, we are condemned and punished. Those are all conditions we must meet to get his love returned to us.

Does God love us unconditionally?

Love and morals developed to enhance interaction and living within groups of people and perhaps other entities.

God was alone and did not need to develop morals and could not love anyone because he was alone for untold millennia.

Is God even able to love?

Regards
DL

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think God's more into tough love at this point.

At this point? He wiped out the world and claims that he's going to do it again. Assuming the God of The Bible exists. Oh then there was the whole practical joke of making Abraham almost gut his own son. Yeah, he isnt into love. It is a sadist.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
At this point? He wiped out the world and claims that he's going to do it again. Assuming the God of The Bible exists. Oh then there was the whole practical joke of making Abraham almost gut his own son. Yeah, he isnt into love. It is a sadist.

That was Yahweh being the e original Jewish stand up satirist and Abe was his unwitting straight man...

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I think God's more into tough love at this point.

Why would that be?

Most of the markers for evil that I track are the lowest they have ever been. We are the most moral ever if death rates education and longevity can be used to measure morals and they can.

Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes - The Joy of Stats - BBC Four - YouTube

Regards
DL

Some are still into the OT.

What did God say? I change not.

He also said that once he says something he never takes it back. Jesus referred back often to the O T laws.
Thanks for the straw man though.

If Jesus is in the Trinity with the O T God then he has to be just as big of a prick.

Jesus Christ: Madman or Something Worse? - YouTube

We can likely know if Jesus actually lived or not but we can debate the morality of his anti-love policies if you like.

Care to dance?

Regards
DL

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Why bother feeding the troll?
Although I can understand why he is trying to disprove the bible because of his new found belief system, trying to disprove the validity of the bible using the bible is as ridiculous as trying to prove the validity of the bible using the bible. The existence of god is a very personal one. The bible is just a guide book. God cannot be found in its pages. It can only be found in the heart of the believer.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Why would that be?

What did God say? I change not.

He also said that once he says something he never takes it back. Jesus referred back often to the O T laws.
Thanks for the straw man though.

If Jesus is in the Trinity with the O T God then he has to be just as big of a prick.

We can likely know if Jesus actually lived or not but we can debate the morality of his anti-love policies if you like.

Care to dance?

Regards
DL

You are confusing Jesus of Nazareth with Narrsik of the Arctic, the G roovy God with the Wanger of a walrus...
Inuit mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or Narrsuk God Da father, Inugpasug:

In some traditions Inugpasug was the brother of Nunam the Earth goddess. He was supposedly so proud of her son, his nephew Narssuk, god of the West Wind, that he would set three or more Inuit women at once on the baby’s enormous ***** as if it was a log for sitting. ( Call me crazy, but that seems just plain tacky to me) An even odder myth about Inugpasug related how he insisted on engaging in the Inuit custom of wife- swapping with a mortal Inuit couple. Naturally, the Inuit woman was split open and killed by the giant deity’s organ when he attempted to make love to her, and when the Inuit man tried fornicating with Inugpasug’s wife he sank into her huge ****** and dissolved in her system. His bones passed out of her through her urine. ( Two words: closed casket) No, I’m not making any of this up.
http://glitternight.com/2012/05/18/inuit-deity-inugpasug/

Try to keep your deities straight, Frenchie. I'm not always here to help you out.
And be careful whom you & Ms. Frenchie wife swap with. The Deiine is not always 'divine'.
but I degress.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Although I can understand why he is trying to disprove the bible because of his new found belief system, trying to disprove the validity of the bible using the bible is as ridiculous as trying to prove the validity of the bible using the bible. The existence of god is a very personal one. The bible is just a guide book. God cannot be found in its pages. It can only be found in the heart of the believer.

We construct our own gods; their failings are our failing.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Personally, I find Inuit gods a little cold hearted.

Ayyyuhhh, but in answer to Frenchies' Query, I'm not sure if that's a fail so much as a Narrsuk 'Overkill"

I mean, just how big a wanger does a baby god need?
but I degress........

NARSSUK - The god of the west wind and another son of Sila. Narssuk was depicted as an enormous infant whose winds were generated by the flapping of his caribou- skin diaper. In some versions the goddess Pukimna made the diaper for him. Narssuk supposedly would loosen his diaper on purpose per orders from either Sila or Sedna (depending on the region) to create harsh windstorms to punish people for violating taboos. Shamans (male or female) would travel in their astral bodies to refasten the diaper and end the winds. In some traditions they would first have to get Sedna’s permission for this and she would give them a seaweed whip to lash Narssuk with before refastening his diaper.

Sounds like Mr Python's French Knight...

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

All will agree that in loving someone, that love must be shown in works, deeds and actions. This allows for reciprocity which is what makes what would be a one way corrupted love a true two way love.

Believers see God as the greatest lover of mankind yet he does no works or deeds to show us that he loves us.

Love, like faith, without works and deeds is dead. That’s scripture. Love, to be true love, must be shown by works, deeds and actions. The fact that God does not show his love by works, deeds and actions at a personal or collective level means that God does not love us. Some are going to point to the notion that God created them but remember that that is not a provable claim so please do not offer it. Remember that way too high of a percentage of us are born with defects.

Do you believe that God loves us?

Why or why not?

God is also said to love us unconditionally. Yet if we do not love, honor, obey and believe in him, we are condemned and punished. Those are all conditions we must meet to get his love returned to us.

Does God love us unconditionally?

Love and morals developed to enhance interaction and living within groups of people and perhaps other entities.

God was alone and did not need to develop morals and could not love anyone because he was alone for untold millennia.

Is God even able to love?

Regards
DL
Which god?
Funny how believers' gods all seem to display human traits. Kinda makes ya think gods are just human inventions and the Christian god is just an invention that displays the same attitudes of some humans that lived a handful of thousands of years ago.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Which god?
Funny how believers' gods all seem to display human traits. Kinda makes ya think gods are just human inventions and the Christian god is just an invention that displays the same attitudes of some humans that lived a handful of thousands of years ago.

Ayyuuuhh...
But it looks like North Alaska the Gods get less 'Human traits' and more lik8Oe Chuck Norris with Wally the Whale's private parts..
Although I have known women Like Ms . Inugpusag in my rig pig days...

Ain't no wedding in Cana here, LG..

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Go ahead. But I am off to bed shortly. Though I will read your posts.
Thanks.

I was allowing you to pick the issue but thanks for giving me the option.

You will be aware that Jesus favors O T God's law, --- or no law, ---- that allows people who are abused in a relationship to divorce without them condemning themselves to remaining either single or living in sin.

Let no man put asunder type of thing, even though Moses allowed a few outs for males. Not females.

I think that is an anti-love law as it forces people to put up with abuse and prevents them from seeking what is supposed to be Christianity's highest ideal, love.

Do you think Jesus's/God's no divorce law to be moral and just?

Regards
DL

Which god?

They are human inventions.

Mostly immoral people as judged from this point in time.

Back then, their rules as to their understandings, may have been quite moral.

Regards
DL