Bill Maher: “God In The Old Testament Is A Psychotic Mass Murderer”…

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via zip

Same guy who donated $1 million to Barack Obama’s re-election campaign (via his super PAC).
Via Newsbusters:

Bill Maher has said some disgusting things about religion before.

Possibly the most disgusting came on HBO’s Real Time Friday when the host actually said, “God in the Old Testament is a psychotic mass murderer”

Keep reading…

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Personally I like Bill he has a lot of thought provoking programs and what he
said has some merit. God demands sacrifices he demands blind obedience
and when he doesn't get it he floods people, and burns people and what else
would you call it?
In fact I think many who wrote the sections of the Old and New Testament were
on drugs of some kind. Might not be God but those who wrote the stories were
insane at best.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If you take the OT literally, then Bill is right. But grumpy's take is more accurate, the writers were nuts. Seems that between the OT and the NT, god took some anger management counseling.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Just wish there was a NEW Koran... :)

Bill is an Atheist.. Nothing new there, and he enjoys pissing off the Republican Christians...

It's called Free Speech and everyone is entitled to there opinion.. You can always change the channel.

Personally I record all his shows on my DVR. (PVR for Canadians)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Is it possible to argue that that version of god isnt? That god was one of the biggest sadistic villains in literary history.

Maher also does say quite a few positive things about Jesus as well. So he isnt negative all the time on religion. Just most of the time. ha. He is pretty good at pointing out christian hypocrisy on some issues such as this:

Bill Maher nails it! - YouTube

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
quote WLDB: "Is it possible to argue that that version of god isnt? That god was one of the biggest sadistic villains in literary history.

Maher also does say quite a few positive things about Jesus as well. So he isnt negative all the time on religion. Just most of the time. ha. He is pretty good at pointing out christian hypocrisy on some issues such as this: ""

................And there's lots of it there to point out.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Peel away the BS, and Slowcutus is saying "Obama is supported by an atheist heretic. Therefore we must all hate Obama!"

The man is clearly obsessed. And what with the summer news slowdown, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel to feed his obsession.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Peel away the BS, and Slowcutus is saying "Obama is supported by an atheist heretic. Therefore we must all hate Obama!"

The man is clearly obsessed. And what with the summer news slowdown, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel to feed his obsession.

Why would an atheist support an illegal muslim alien? :p haha

Bill Maher is just a sarcastic son-of-a-b****.

Of course he is. He's a comedian. Thats his job.

I enjoyed most of that though I think he went a bit too far at times. I wouldnt take it too seriously though. Its still more of a comedy than a documentary.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Possibly the most disgusting came on HBO’s Real Time Friday when the host actually said, “God in the Old Testament is a psychotic mass murderer”

Keep reading…
If the shoe fits ..... Someone counted the loss of life in the OT by the hands of this god and arrived at a figure of over 10 million people. Some of the excuses for killing were just lame as allgetout. It was "believe in me or you get toasted", "don't work every day or get toasted", "don't turn around and watch me toast a city, or you get toasted", a number of Israelites were toasted for having low morale, killing David and Bathsheba's baby just because this god was pissed at David, etc. WTF is that if it isn't lunacy?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If the shoe fits ..... Someone counted the loss of life in the OT by the hands of this god and arrived at a figure of over 10 million people. Some of the excuses for killing were just lame as allgetout. It was "believe in me or you get toasted", "don't work every day or get toasted", "don't turn around and watch me toast a city, or you get toasted", a number of Israelites were toasted for having low morale, killing David and Bathsheba's baby just because this god was pissed at David, etc. WTF is that if it isn't lunacy?

There were also some cruel practical jokes. Like getting Abraham to almost sacrifice his son to God. A son he and his wife had to wait until old age to get. At the last moment God decides to step in and says "just kidding." What a ****.

Oh, then there was Job. That poor sucker lost everything for no particular reason. Just God pushing him around to see what would happen. If he's god wouldnt he already know all this?

Oh and he wiped everyone on Earth except Noah and his family. One again the human species gets repopulated by one family. Considering all the incest that must have went on its amazing how healthy most people turned out.

Last edited:

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Carefull there guys,you'er bordering on logic there.No place for that in a chat about religion.
I think Bill is funny and realistic,let's throw in honest.