Is needing or wanting to worshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Is needing or wanting toworshiping a God a human defect or benefit?

Gods have no needs or wantsthat man can assuage. Gods are said to be so high above us that for any God tohave such a need would be like man craving the adoration of germs.

I see us as just as foolishas germs and the creatures shown in this clip as we act the same way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4a_uwyY_H4

I can see where at one timeit would have been profitable to bend the knee to King/Gods as in the originalarchetype city states, as used in the original Eden myth written by the Jews,but not today.

That myth I think was writtenof the following reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cvYB7Tes

Our present secular systemsof governance have bested the Gods in the moral and legal senses and only thereally right wing theists would want to live under the laws of the old barbaricGods.

I am not an atheist and seekGod to appease what I recognize as my spiritual side. But not to bend the kneeor adore; just to improve any defect in my thinking; if I have one.

I know that there are waymore followers out there than leaders but cannot fathom why someone would wantto lower themselves to adore even a God unless it is strictly as a self-servingaction that we hope God will recognize and reward.

That is hardly being good forgoodness sake. God would know and send such hypocrites to hell. Whichscriptures say is where the vast majority of us will end up regardless.

That means that you, even ifyou pray daily and hard, are likely going to hell along with most of those youknow. In a sense, you should feel sorry for those few who make it to heaven asthey must spend eternity watching their loved ones in purposeless torture. Thatwould drive any moral person insane.

Gods have no needs or wantsand has no rewards to give in exchange for what Gods have no need or want of.

The Godhead I know certainlydisavows such a need or want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

Why then, if you are abeliever, do you need or want to worship a God if not for the reward you thinkit will bring you?

Is your need to adore a God adefect or benefit?

Regards
DL

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A typical reaction from those afraid to question their beliefs. Critical thought is too disturbing.
We all question our belief, and most normal people don't feel the need to propagandize it.
Except those that go door to door and we all know the reception they get....
These multiple C/Ps from open office software, in multiple forums are the equivalent of that.....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
We all question our belief, and most normal people don't feel the need to propagandize it.
These multiple C/Ps from open office software, in multiple forums are the equivalent of that.....

And you don't enjoy you're heckling of this gentle Christian person in the least do you?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And you don't enjoy you're heckling of this gentle Christian person in the least do you?
You should see how I used to greet Jehovah witnesses ladies at the door......they have decided to send men, instead to my door...;-)

But that's only when they figure out that the doorbell button is a fake and decide to knock, instead of just dropping their stuff in the mailbox............

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Personally, I only read the first few lines to get the jist of the topic and then read some of the comments. I do think his obsession amusing, along with the usual snide remarks of others. To me, religion holds as much relevance as politics. I am much more interested in human behaviour and interaction and the strange behaviour of those who believe in such things.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, you have to wonder about the sense of debating with a person who obviously can not put together a properly structured simple sentence spelled correctly.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
We haven't seen the JWs nor the Mormons here for years, maybe it's the swastika on the front door, I donnow.

Well, you have to wonder about the sense of debating with a person who obviously can not put together a properly structured simple sentence spelled correctly.

In neither language, what a looser.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You should see how I used to greet Jehovah witnesses ladies at the door......they have decided to send men, instead to my door...;-)

But that's only when they figure out that the doorbell button is a fake and decide to knock, instead of just dropping their stuff in the mailbox............
Are you a flasher of JWs too? I did that once, but when I'm in the mood, I prefer to mess with their heads. Usually they walk away not knowing if they are punched, bored or blasted.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Worship of god is healthy, simply recognizing the beauty in a flower or the impossible engineering in a humming bird, cowering before the majestic storm, the innocent pure love of babies, there are a million reasons to worship God and none whatever to be found in a stone temple.

Or perhaps a "loser" -:)

I have deposited my spelling fine in your account.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Worship of god is healthy, simply recognizing the beauty in a flower or the impossible engineering in a humming bird, cowering before the majestic storm, the innocent pure love of babies, there are a million reasons to worship God and none whatever to be found in a stone temple.

I have deposited my spelling fine in your account.
I don't think I have ever worshipped a god, but I have sat in wonder of the incredible beauty and complexity of creation. When I feel a need to communicate with my god, I am more apt to talk to it like a friend.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't think I have ever worshipped a god, but I have sat in wonder of the incredible beauty and complexity of creation. When I feel a need to communicate with my god, I am more apt to talk to it like a friend.
When you snap out of you Church hate perhaps you realize that in every Religion, God IS the Universe.