Can God love or have a moral sense?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Can God love or have a moral sense?

Scriptures tell us that God is the bench mark for moralityand love. I think it a foolish saying but many say that God is love. They alsosay that faith without works and deeds is dead. St James. In that description Iinclude love. Love, without works, deeds and displays of some kind, is dead.

Morality is something that creatures will only develop ifliving in groups. The same could be saidof love. There is no need for morality, good ethics or love if one is alone theway God was for untold millennia before creating anything.

He therefore had no need of morality or love and could nothave had them or have any need or desire for them. An Omni-God has no wants orneeds.

Morality in that sense is like love and faith. All of these need works and deeds or someform of display, ---- or as scriptures say, ---- they are dead.

God is not doing works and deeds and not showing his so calledlove of mankind in any knowable way and it would thus be incorrect to say thatGod is our moral bench mark or that God loves us or anyone else at all.

Perhaps this is why Christians have to develop a double setof moral standards to exonerate the immoral actions that the Christian Goddoes. Christians praise and adore God for doing things that they condemn inman. Christians give a free pass for evil to their God. Somewhat in the sameway that God gives Satan a free pass, and in fact, God helps Satan do evil byletting him roam free and even giving Satan the power to deceive us all. Quitethe judge that. If he was human, good people would get rid of such, yet God ispraised for such evil by his followers.

God does not seem to do works, deeds or other forms ofdisplay.

Can God have a moral sense and can he love without everhaving to show it?

Are God’s morals and love dead?

Regards
DL

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Trying to personify God is a fool's errand; let God do it since He's no fool.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Yes... For those that share the same moral code

Yes but few will as few would have their own son's needlessly murdered to fill their own requirements.
Most humans are not that immoral and know that son's should bury their parents and parents should not have to bury their children.

Proof positive to me that the Christian God is more like Satan.

Regards
DL

Trying to personify God is a fool's errand; let God do it since He's no fool.

Not a fool? You know this how?

To your other point.
Ants follow ants and lions follow lions for all the information and morals they need. Seems quite natural.

Why would you have men follow anything or anyone other than a man?
Especially an invisible man.

Why would anyone want humans to act unnaturally and follow a God who promises to send the vast majority of us to hell?

The Stockholm syndrome perhaps?

Regards
DL

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
St. Augustine on God's love

God’s love is incomprehensible and unchangeable. For it was not after we were reconciled to him through the blood of his Son that he began to love us. Rather, he has loved us before the world was created, that we also might be his sons along with his only-begotten Son—before we became anything at all.

The fact that we were reconciled through Christ’s death must not be understood as if his Son reconciled us to him that he might now begin to love those whom he had hated. Rather, we have already been reconciled to him who loves us, with whom we were enemies on account of sin. The apostle will testify whether I am speaking the truth: ‘God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us’ [Rom. 5:8]. Therefore, he loved us even when we practiced enmity toward him and committed wickedness.

He also provided us with the Free Will to act on an innate, absolute and unerring sense of Good and Evil.. in accordance with or rebellion against His will. The consequences are of our own making.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yes but few will as few would have their own son's needlessly murdered to fill their own requirements.
Most humans are not that immoral and know that son's should bury their parents and parents should not have to bury their children.

Proof positive to me that the Christian God is more like Satan.

Regards
DL

You application of your own moral code and assessment of judgment is proof-positive that you do not share the same moral doe as you posited in the OP.

Nice to see that you value your ideals above everyone else though.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
St. Augustine on God's love

He also provided us with the Free Will to act on an innate, absolute and unerring sense of Good and Evil.. in accordance with or rebellion against His will. The consequences are of our own making.

So all we have to do is embrace human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

You go ahead with that friend.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do. Right?

Those with good morals willk now that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

Really?

Free will Eh.

Tell us what happened to A & E the first time they did their will and not God's.

Did God not murder the,m by neglect and forcibly keep them away from what would save them?

Is that what all good parents should do?
Insure that their children die for simple disobedience?

Regards
DL

You application of your own moral code and assessment of judgment is proof-positive that you do not share the same moral doe as you posited in the OP.

Nice to see that you value your ideals above everyone else though.

Where am I not consistent?

And do you think I should mimic the morals of a genocidal son murdering God?
Would you follow his lead and have your own son murdered or would you be less cowardly and step up yourself to do the right thing?

Regards
DL

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
those who believe in 'any' kind of god, will believe whatever they decide to believe about him/her
and in their mind their god behaves exactly in that way.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Where am I not consistent?

And do you think I should mimic the morals of a genocidal son murdering God?
Would you follow his lead and have your own son murdered or would you be less cowardly and step up yourself to do the right thing?

Regards
DL

Then my original observation stands... You do not share the same moral code, therefore - for you - God has no moral sense.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
those who believe in 'any' kind of god, will believe whatever they decide to believe about him/her
and in their mind their god behaves exactly in that way.

Yes, Their Gods seem to hate everyone they do.

Regards
DL

Then my original observation stands... You do not share the same moral code, therefore - for you - God has no moral sense.
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I just hope that you are not corrupt enough to share his moral code.

Have you noted how no Christian has ever petitioned to have his God's law as the law of the land?.

Even the dumbest Christian is not that dumb. Thank the Gods for that.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Hell no.

We do not kill witches or stone fornicators or those that wear two kinds of cloth.

Bite your tongue.

Regards
DL

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Hell no.

We do not kill witches or stone fornicators or those that wear two kinds of cloth.

Bite your tongue.

Regards
DL

Fren chie, I have the uneasy feeling your day job is something like this:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
So all we have to do is embrace human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

You go ahead with that friend.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do. Right?

Those with good morals willk now that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

Really?

Free will Eh.

Tell us what happened to A & E the first time they did their will and not God's.

Did God not murder the,m by neglect and forcibly keep them away from what would save them?

Is that what all good parents should do?
Insure that their children die for simple disobedience?

DL

You have little conception of the radical freedom that Christianity embraces.. and its implicit responsibility.. nor the burden of Original Sin. You're a sophist, FP, dicing and splicing half truths and fragments to make a case.. while deliberately ignoring the big picture.