Boy shares stories from his journey to heaven

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have a friend who killed himself (yes, he was dead for 5+ minutes and sustained damage as a result), and swears he went to heaven. And I have to tell you, it's pretty hard if you sit and listen to his discussion about the days he spent in limbo, talking to god, while he waited to find out his fate, to not have a chill run up your spine.

He was never religious, in fact counted himself atheist, and still is not religious. But he will tell you there is most definitely more to the story than we're aware of.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Strange things happen, although I'm not convinced he went to heaven, could be more like his soul coming in contact with other souls from other times. Would be good to get to the bottom of it.

I have a friend who killed himself (yes, he was dead for 5+ minutes and sustained damage as a result), and swears he went to heaven. And I have to tell you, it's pretty hard if you sit and listen to his discussion about the days he spent in limbo, talking to god, while he waited to find out his fate, to not have a chill run up your spine.

He was never religious, in fact counted himself atheist, and still is not religious. But he will tell you there is most definitely more to the story than we're aware of.

People tend to dismiss what they don't understand.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Eh? He spoke to God while waiting to see his fate???

Obviously he was sent to purgatory, he back here on earth .. ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yep. He'll tell you the reasons he was sent back too, the things he has to atone for.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I always wondered, I mean, we are all made of energy.. maybe when we die that energy become part of the collective..

Our energy can return to other plants, animals and humans.. as a whole or in parts..

Just say'in ...

Speculation

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Regardless of what a person's belief is (or lack thereof) there has to be something beyond our mortal coil. Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Reincarnation? Something else? After all, we have a sort of energy in us (soul?) that just doesn't pop out of existence once our heart stops beating. We'll never truly know where our journey will take us next until we have passed ourselves.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I believe the person who thought he was dead, wasn't really dead at all, obviously his brain was still

trying to do its thing. He was dreaming, imagining, wondering, as his brain was functioning in a

manner that definitely was very very confusing, there was still some brain activity, however slight.

That makes sense to me. I don't, 'not understand' other stories, I just don't believe such things.

I believe the person related all of the things he/she thought he saw, just like we can relate many

vivid dreams, that seemed so real, that when we awake, it takes a bit of time to 'settle down'.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you're referring to my friend.... he most certainly was dead for upwards of five minutes. The EMTs got him back on the way to the hospital. He went through massive rehab to regain function from the brain damage that resulted. It's not something you say willy nilly.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Regardless of what a person's belief is (or lack thereof) there has to be something beyond our mortal coil. Heaven? Hell? Purgatory? Reincarnation? Something else? After all, we have a sort of energy in us (soul?) that just doesn't pop out of existence once our heart stops beating. We'll never truly know where our journey will take us next until we have passed ourselves.

I think you have it pegged pretty close, Shadow. I don't think some of us go to heaven while others are condemned to hell and I do believe we are going to get the "report card" read to us re our behaviour here on earth, but I believe the progression (for all but the likes of Hitler and Ted Bundy etc.) is a course of improvement. Our body is not our total being more like just the container.

We are more than the sum of our parts. What the real sum total is, nobody can know for sure.

I think we are probably the sum of our parts............we just don't know what all our parts are. -:)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If you're referring to my friend.... he most certainly was dead for upwards of five minutes. The EMTs got him back on the way to the hospital. He went through massive rehab to regain function from the brain damage that resulted. It's not something you say willy nilly.

I believe what you describe did happen, I just don't believe he communicated with anyone outside of his
own self, and I do believe he was deeply dreaming, somewhere deep in that brain, things were still plugged in,
even though it didn't communicate that to anyone.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I believe the person who thought he was dead, wasn't really dead at all, obviously his brain was still

trying to do its thing. He was dreaming, imagining, wondering, as his brain was functioning in a

manner that definitely was very very confusing, there was still some brain activity, however slight.

That makes sense to me. I don't, 'not understand' other stories, I just don't believe such things.

I believe the person related all of the things he/she thought he saw, just like we can relate many

vivid dreams, that seemed so real, that when we awake, it takes a bit of time to 'settle down'.

Thought doesn't originate in the brain. The brain is a computer; it stores and retrieves data. Dreams, thoughts and even near death experiences originate somewhere else. Some say the soul, some say the heart, some say the astral body. Who knows. Really, it doesn't matter to some. What matters is what they experience and what they do with that knowledge.

A person's life is what they believe it is and is limited to those beliefs. I prefer not to believe anything. That leaves my life wide open to experiences that most people would not accept as possible. In fact, I cannot count the times that people have told me that what I have experience could not have happened: I must have been on drugs or experienced food poisoning or that there must have still been some brain function when I flat lined to have had that conversation where I was offered to continue down that road or to return to my physical body.

Life isn't a mystery to me. I just don't need to know how it works. I just accept my experiences as they unfold. I wake up every day with no expectation, just a curiosity where it might lead.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Thought doesn't originate in the brain. The brain is a computer; it stores and retrieves data. Dreams, thoughts and even near death experiences originate somewhere else. Some say the soul, some say the heart, some say the astral body. Who knows. Really, it doesn't matter to some. What matters is what they experience and what they do with that knowledge. A person's life is what they believe it is and is limited to those beliefs. I prefer not to believe anything. That leaves my live wide open to experiences that most people would not accept as possible. In fact, I cannot count the times that people have told me that what I have experience could not have happened: I must have been on drugs or experienced food poisoning or that there must have still been some brain function when I flat lined to have had that conversation where I was offered to continue down that road or to return to my physical body.

Life isn't a mystery to me. I just don't need to know how it works. I just accept my experiences as they unfold. I wake up every day with no expectation, just a curiosity where it might lead.

Life is not a mystery to me either, ever. I accept my life completely as is, and I'm enjoying it
thoroughly with an open mind, and no belief in a heaven, but we don't agree concerning
the brain at all.
I don't believe in a soul, and I don't wonder about such things.
I do believe the brain is a marvelous organ that we know little about, and has trillions more possibilites
than we can't conceive now, and thru time our brains have astonished us by its ability to learn and create,
and that will continue on as our brains improve and do more and more.
Explained in pure layman's terms, I don't have the scientific terms to explain, but I know someone
who has, maybe he will check in.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Life is not a mystery to me either, ever. I accept my life completely as is, and I'm enjoying it
thoroughly with an open mind, and no belief in a heaven, but we don't agree concerning
the brain at all.
I don't believe in a soul, and I don't wonder about such things.
I do believe the brain is a marvelous organ that we know little about, and has trillions more possibilites
than we can't conceive now, and thru time our brains have astonished us by its ability to learn and create,
and that will continue on as our brains improve and do more and more.
Explained in pure layman's terms, I don't have the scientific terms to explain, but I know someone
who has, maybe he will check in.

I don't think all people have a soul but most do. That's the difference between Clifford Olson, Paul Bernardo and the rest of us. They are just empty shells, no empathy, no conscience, no appreciation for others' feelings. We know in these cases the part that is missing is not the brain and it's not the heart, so until some better explanation comes up it has to be the soul (or whatever name you wish to call it)
I also believe that some people may be born with a soul but lose it somehow, perhaps through trauma or some other debillitating cause.

Thought doesn't originate in the brain. The brain is a computer; it stores and retrieves data. Dreams, thoughts and even near death experiences originate somewhere else. Some say the soul, some say the heart, some say the astral body. Who knows. Really, it doesn't matter to some. What matters is what they experience and what they do with that knowledge.

A person's life is what they believe it is and is limited to those beliefs. I prefer not to believe anything. That leaves my life wide open to experiences that most people would not accept as possible. In fact, I cannot count the times that people have told me that what I have experience could not have happened: I must have been on drugs or experienced food poisoning or that there must have still been some brain function when I flat lined to have had that conversation where I was offered to continue down that road or to return to my physical body.

I think you are pretty close Cliffy.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't think all people have a soul but most do. That's the difference between Clifford Olson, Paul Bernardo and the rest of us. They are just empty shells, no empathy, no conscience, no appreciation for others' feelings. We know in these cases the part that is missing is not the brain and it's not the heart, so until some better explanation comes up it has to be the soul (or whatever name you wish to call it)

its so simple jlm, whatever you believe is what you believe, and if that makes you feel happy and
satisfied, then that is right for you.

there is much more explanation when talking about 'how' someone like clifford robert olsen came to be
who he was than just meerly saying he didn't have a soul.

what is a soul jlm, explain it to me, is it something inside the body, or just a way of thinking,
and if it is the latter, then we just have different words to describe someone like olsen.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
what is a soul jlm, explain it to me, is it something inside the body, or just a way of thinking,
and if it is the latter, then we just have different words to describe someone like olsen.

As I was saying I think there are some who had a soul at one point but lost it, possibly Olson. I'm not sure what are all the parts that comprise the soul, but I'm quite sure conscience is one of the them. All the parts of a human that you can put a finger on is just the "container". This "life" is just like a railway station on the C.P.R. This is just my theory, I can't prove a thing, outside of the fact it makes sense to me.