Atheists Corner – A place to post your opinion

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Atheists Corner – A place to post your opinion
Agnostics, and others are welcome – It is the Christian thing to do.
a·the·its (th-st)
n.
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.
Noun 1. atheist - someone who denies the existence of god
disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever - someone who refuses to believe (as in a divinity) Adj. 1. atheist - related to or characterized by or given to atheism; "atheist leanings"
atheistical, atheistic
ag·nos·tic (g-nstk)
n.
a. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
b. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
2. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

Grim Reaper 3D Magic - YouTube
And for those that laugh at others due to their religious beliefs, take this.

Last edited:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I usually state that I'm agnostic, but I really have a hard time thinking "the man" cares less about what I do. What sort of God micromanages life like a SIMS world? If I was God, I would be ensuring that priests don't bugger kids.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I usually state that I'm agnostic, but I really have a hard time thinking "the man" cares less about what I do. What sort of God micromanages life like a SIMS world? If I was God, I would be ensuring that priests don't bugger kids.
One US Physicist stated that many is but a puny part of Gods plan. I would have to agree.
One Fffn big universe out there. Imagine he is kinda busy.

He left instructions, and we failed to get on with it.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
One US Physicist stated that many is but a puny part of Gods plan. I would have to agree.

Bigger questions then I have answers to. I don't think any less of believers, we just go about a different thought process.

Goober, you're what a Christian should be. You're non-judgemental and open minded.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Bigger questions then I have answers to. I don't think any less of believers, we just go about a different thought process.
Goober, you're what a Christian should be. You're non-judgemental and open minded.
Oh I can be judgemental and an ahole to boot. Just try not to make a habit of it. Well except for some posters on this forum.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Luke 6:27-36

Love for Enemies

27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you. 32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well, I have a big problem with the whole Christian concept of a "just and merciful God" who created cancer, Alzheimers, and other "natural" phenomena that are not only harmful but lingering in their development, as well as allow the actions we humans do to each other. I know theologians go on about the need for evil to exist to define good, and that their respective deities have mysterious and unknowable plans, but that doesn't wash with me: I honestly have an easier time accepting a pagan/polytheist explanation of deities in contest with each other and using humanity in efforts to thwart each other... but I'm not sold on that either.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
I just love it when people like wulfie68 try to put God on the same level as humans.

God does not "micromanage" anything. he puts us here, gives us the basic rules, and lets us "do our thing". If we don't follow the rules, then we pay later.

And the number one rule for any Christian must always be, "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you".

They also have a tendency to forget exactly what they are asking God to do, when they pray the Lord's Prayer. They forget that they are asking God to forgive us, EXACTLY AS WE FORGIVE THOSE THAT HAVE SINNED AGAINST US.

Think about it, that's a pretty powerful statement. If we can't forgive others, then we will not be forgiven. It is really that simple.

Christianity is not at all complex, Jesus laid it out in very simple terms. Love your God above everything else, and love your neighbor as yourself.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I just love it when people like wulfie68 try to put God on the same level as humans.
God does not "micromanage" anything. he puts us here, gives us the basic rules, and lets us "do our thing". If we don't follow the rules, then we pay later.
And the number one rule for any Christian must always be, "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you".
They also have a tendency to forget exactly what they are asking God to do, when they pray the Lord's Prayer. They forget that they are asking God to forgive us, EXACTLY AS WE FORGIVE THOSE THAT HAVE SINNED AGAINST US.
Think about it, that's a pretty powerful statement. If we can't forgive others, then we will not be forgiven. It is really that simple.
Christianity is not at all complex, Jesus laid it out in

very simple terms. Love your God above everything else, and love your neighbor as yourself.

he didn't say anything wrong, keep it civil.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well, I have a big problem with the whole Christian concept of a "just and merciful God" who created cancer, Alzheimers, and other "natural" phenomena that are not only harmful but lingering in their development, as well as allow the actions we humans do to each other. I know theologians go on about the need for evil to exist to define good, and that their respective deities have mysterious and unknowable plans, but that doesn't wash with me: I honestly have an easier time accepting a pagan/polytheist explanation of deities in contest with each other and using humanity in efforts to thwart each other... but I'm not sold on that either.

Riiiiiiiiight.... because there's no way it could our (humanity) fault. Gotta be someone else.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

Christianity is not at all complex, Jesus laid it out in very simple terms. Love your God above everything else, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Indeed, I like the whole "golden rule" thing. The rest of it though, not so much. I'll forgive if/when I'm ready and I seek no forgiveness from any supernatural being.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Problem people do not understand, is we all make mistakes, we all get pissed - well most of us - We either try to learn and carry on.

When asking forgiveness from a person
State what you did was wrong.
Apologize for doing that
What can you do to make amends.
State you will not do it again.

Many do not get that simple part - why - Most do not know how to apologize.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Indeed, I like the whole "golden rule" thing. The rest of it though, not so much. I'll forgive if/when I'm ready and I seek no forgiveness from any supernatural being.
Well if you carry the anger for a long time - Not referring to you - it does nothing but harm your health, state of mind - and so on.There are times where I have carried my anger for quite some time. Now i set it aside quickly. Well as qucikly as possible when I can.

I find it easier to let those know I want nothing to do with them and yes i tell them. Yes I forgive them, yes Jesus tells me to love them, but Jesus does not say a word about liking them or associating with them.

So fukem, put them aside and I do not think God is sending me down for that.