Vaccination Causes Autism – Say US Government & Merck’s Director of Vaccines


Stretch
#1
Vaccination Causes Autism – Say US Government & Merck’s Director of Vaccines


Friday, 02 July 2010 08:47

YouTube - CDC Chief Admits that Vaccines Trigger Autism



Autistic conditions can result from acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) following MMR vaccination as held by the US Federal Court in the case of Bailey Banks. In his conclusion, US Federal Court Special Master Abell ruled that Petitioners had proven that the MMR had directly caused a brain inflammation illness called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) which, in turn, had caused the autism spectrum disorder PDD-NOS in the child.'
Read more: Vaccination Causes Autism – Say US Government & Merck’s Director of Vaccines
 
VanIsle
#2
I haven't read your article. I don't read your articles because so far, I have never seen you post anything but doom and gloom. Are you a reporter or a retired reporter?
 
taxslave
#3
We've known this for years but big pharma donates lots of money to politicians.
 
Stretch
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

I haven't read your article. I don't read your articles because so far, I have never seen you post anything but doom and gloom. Are you a reporter or a retired reporter?

no mate, I'm just a concerned parent
 
AnnaG
#5
WTF happened to the the first thread about this? Why is there a new thread about the same thing?
Forgive me, I was wrong. There isn't just one other thread on this topic:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...ury-trail.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...es-stupid.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...-children.html

There may even be more.
 
Stretch
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

WTF happened to the the first thread about this? Why is there a new thread about the same thing?
Forgive me, I was wrong. There isn't just one other thread on this topic:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...ury-trail.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...es-stupid.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...-children.html

There may even be more.

I tried to do a search, knowing I had already started a thread on it previously but couldnt find it. the search engine sucks.
 
YukonJack
#7
"I tried to do a search, knowing I had already started a thread on it previously but couldnt find it. the search engine sucks."

So, just try to be a bit less pessimistic. Try NOT to see evil in everything.

And please, DO NOT try to rely on anything researched, developed and produced by those horrible pharmaceutical companies.
 
Tonington
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post

And please, DO NOT try to rely on anything researched, developed and produced by those horrible pharmaceutical companies.

Yeah, I mean it's not like we save farmers from millions of dollars in losses every year due to mortality associated disease or anything...
 
AnnaG
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

I tried to do a search, knowing I had already started a thread on it previously but couldnt find it. the search engine sucks.

Funny, It took me all of about half a minute to dig up 3 other threads on it. All I did was type "vaccination autism" into the search bar and go through the first half page of results.
 
Stretch
#10
yep, ya know, you're right, I do come across as being negative, sorry. ... I dont care tho', it's wot I think of myself that counts. I work daily with people who suffer autism I'm not negative. co workers would vouch for that, quite the contrary.

I feel positve in the fact that somewhere, in all my posts, someone has gone 'wow, holy ****, I didnt know that"
Just remember...
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BAD DAY, JUST A BAD ATTITUDE


yes, the **** I post is negative, but its real...its whats affecting us now, its whats affecting our future now.


heres some positive news I stumbled across tho' raised a tear it did.............
Bulgaria: Four-Month Old Kitten Saved for BGN 150 in Bulgaria's Shumen - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency
Kitten Saved by Vacuum Cleaner
BBC News | UK | Kitten saved by stroke of luck
Puppy Saved From Car Engine Alive
Boy and His Black Lab Puppy Saved in Dramatic Canyon Rescue - Paw Nation
Cocker spaniel puppy saved from London drain after bath in toilet - Shiny Objects

pretty cool eh.... makes ya feel good t be alive


and a daytday ****......
50 Random Facts That Make You Wonder What In The World Has Happened To America

whats gunna have the bigger effect?
 
petros
#11
Something to ponder.....

Mercury that they say is safe and will pass through your body is if you ingest shell fish, not have it injected in the arm.
 
Sаbine
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Vaccination Causes Autism – Say US Government & Merck’s Director of Vaccines

Friday, 02 July 2010 08:47

Autistic conditions can result from acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) following MMR vaccination as held by the US Federal Court in the case of Bailey Banks. In his conclusion, US Federal Court Special Master Abell ruled that Petitioners had proven that the MMR had directly caused a brain inflammation illness called acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) which, in turn, had caused the autism spectrum disorder PDD-NOS in the child.'
Read more: Vaccination Causes Autism – Say US Government & Merck’s Director of Vaccines



This is what I found in the first link in your post. An anti-vaccine activist's conclusion is shown in red.

Quote:



Autism is not “caused” by “genes”


Dr Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D. the 16th and current Director of the US$30.5 billion budget National Institutes of Health … stated in evidence to US House of Representatives Committee May 2006 when Director of the US National Human Genome Research Institute:


Recent increases in chronic diseases like diabetes, childhood asthma, obesity or autism cannot be due to major shifts in the human gene pool as those changes take much more time to occur. They must be due to changes in the environment, including diet and physical activity, which may produce disease in genetically predisposed persons.



I'm sorry, but
Dr. Francis S. Collins actually does say that genes, in fact, are involved in the development of autism. Yes, he said there are no major genetic shifts, instead, perhaps, a number of genes (some of them may have minor, point mutations, though, and make a person "genetically predisposed") may be involved in the process of interaction with environmental factors, which, in turn, can affect expression of those altered genes.

However, some cases of autism are shown to be directly associated with small chromosomal deletions - 16p11.2 Deletion Syndrome, for example.

Miller DT, Nasir R, Sobeih MM, Shen Y, Wu BL, Hundley R, Hanson E. 16p11.2 Deletion Syndrome. 2009. In: Pagon RA, Bird TC, Dolan CR, Stephens K, editors. GeneReviews. Seattle (WA):
University of Washington , Seattle ; 1993-2009.



Better yet, if you read this review on the genetic basis of autism, you'll see the bigger and more precise picture of causes of this disorder. There's strong evidence stating that small chromosomal deletions can cause autism.

Muhle R, Trentacoste SV, Rapin I. The genetics of autism. Pediatrics. 2004;113(5):e472-86. Review.


A number of studies support congenital nature of autism (among other, postnatal causes). For instance, neuropathological studies shown that autism originates from atypical, abnormal brain development at early stages of prenatal life (Rodier, 2002), and continues postnatally (Courchesne et al., 2003; Lainhart et al., 1997)

Courchesne, E., Carper, R. and Akshoomoff, N. (2003) Evidence of brain overgrowth in the first year of life in autism. JAMA 290, 337-44.

Lainhart, J. E., Piven, J., Wzorek, M. et al. (1997) Macrocephaly in children and adults with autism. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 36, 282–290

Rodier, P. M. (2002) Converging evidence for brain stem injury in autism. Development and Psychopathology 14, 537-57


Autism is a very complicated disorder, it obviously has more than one cause. I think it's irresponsible to put the blame entirely on vaccination.
 
petros
#13
Quote:

I think it's irresponsible to put the blame entirely on vaccination.

It was far more irresponsible to try to sweep the MMR link under the rug for years and years and years.

 
AnnaG
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Something to ponder.....

Mercury that they say is safe and will pass through your body is if you ingest shell fish, not have it injected in the arm.

Actually mercury from any source is a heavy metal and acts the same as any other heavy metal: it's an accumulative toxin. That means that you can ingest it, stick it in your ear, whatever and unless you quit or take it sparingly with long periods of time between doses, it will accumulate and the effects will snowball............ except for mercury vapor, which is just plain deadly. It's ok to eat a can of tuna but your body needs a week or so to get rid of the minute amount of mercury in the can of tuna. So don't eat a case every other day.

http://www.medical-hypotheses.com/ar...037-4/abstract

In spite of the continual growth in population the rate of autism in US schoolkids is declining.
I'd suggest that people not be so concerned about vaccines containing mercury, but what foods they eat that contain it.


Last edited by AnnaG; Jul 3rd, 2010 at 11:31 AM..
 
petros
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Actually mercury from any source is a heavy metal and acts the same as any other heavy metal: it's an accumulative toxin. That means that you can ingest it, stick it in your ear, whatever and unless you quit or take it sparingly with long periods of time between doses, it will accumulate and the effects will snowball............ except for mercury vapor, which is just plain deadly. It's ok to eat a can of tuna but your body needs a week or so to get rid of the minute amount of mercury in the can of tuna. So don't eat a case every other day.

Yup but putting a can of tuna through a system that is designed to get rid of heavy metals is considerably different than directly into the blood which doesn't have a way to get rid of it.

That is something the pro-vaccine types purposely steer around and use as disinformation.

There is nothing I hate more than being lied to by govt or the corporations that own govt.
 
Sаbine
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It was far more irresponsible to try to sweep the MMR link under the rug for years and years and years.

And it's absolutely unacceptable, unethical, dishonest, and again, irresponsible to conduct and publish fraudulent research and, as a result, making up false positive associations between the MMR vaccine and autism. We shall not forget what Dr. Wakefield and his colleagues did.

The Lancet retraction: Lancet retracts MMR vaccine autism claims - Brian Deer
 
AnnaG
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Yup but putting a can of tuna through a system that is designed to get rid of heavy metals is considerably different than directly into the blood which doesn't have a way to get rid of it.

That is something the pro-vaccine types purposely steer around and use as disinformation.

You think anything that goes into the bloodstream stays there? roflmao

Quote:

There is nothing I hate more than being lied to by govt or the corporations that own govt.

There's cause for that hate, I agree. But ignoring the science because of personal biases is silly.
 
petros
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Sаbine View Post

And it's absolutely unacceptable, unethical, dishonest, and again, irresponsible to conduct and publish fraudulent research and, as a result, making up false positive associations between the MMR vaccine and autism. We shall not forget what Dr. Wakefield and his colleagues did.

The Lancet retraction: Lancet retracts MMR vaccine autism claims - Brian Deer

How many millions in ad dollars would they have lost if they kept publishing the truth? Follow the money hunny.

Do you believe in coincidence in the corporate arena? For instance: Days after Clinton canceled a massive military inoculation program leaving a drug company stuck with a product with no market, the very rare ailment from Africa appeared in the public realm and they now make a good buck selling to American and Canadian public.
 
VanIsle
#19
That vaccine was "new" when my oldest son was of age for the shot. So both him and his brother have had it. Petros you are of that age - you must have had it and Ron too. Quite a number of you here are in the age bracket. I am pointing out the men simply because 4 times as many males develop autism than females yet I am sure that just as many girls got the shot as boys did. Autism was around long before that vaccine was developed. Probably focusing on that vaccine is the reason government refuses help to autistic children. If they begin to help them, people will then think they have been hiding the results of the shot and start to sue for no reason. Just because a little more autism became evident after that vaccine was introduced does not make it responsible for it. Look at the ads now regarding baby food itself. They are saying that baby food contains large amounts of salt and sugar and the implication is that this gets them used to salty sugary food leading to obesity as they grow older. My youngest son has had a weight problem all his life. I never fed him baby food. He never had excess sugar or salt. Shows me research is what any group wants it to be.

Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

no mate, I'm just a concerned parent

I truly understand being a concerned parent (grandparent). I'm sure you read all you can regarding autism and search desperately for the reason for it. I used to do the same thing regarding cerebral palsy. You can put your beliefs on paper but because it becomes too personal, I have to keep my beliefs regarding some reasons for CP to myself. In other words, without proof - don't open your mouth. But that's just in my household. Your search of other peoples proof will not bring you any satisfaction and the proof in that is that you continue to post and to discuss reasons for what your child has (or maybe it's just the children you work with and not your own). I'm sure you want to know but do you really believe that living it daily in the way of research is helping you or your child. You say you help autistic children everyday and good on you. Scaring people with speculation about any condition of this nature isn't helpful. Maybe asking other people what they are going through or if they know autistic children well and know how they react etc. etc. would be more what you are seeking. Beyond that, I see there are many areas they deal with helping the autisic child to cope and I think that should be where you focus since you are not in the field that deals with research of these types of things. My grandson goes to school with an autistic child. Next year, he will be in school with children with a variety of disabilities. Downs and autism being the most prevalent. When I took him there for his introduction to his new school there where several other kids in wheel chairs and I was glad that for once he would be with others that did not walk. I just found out a few days before school was out here, that all of the kids in wheelchairs graduated this year and again, he will be the only one. But - his autistic friend has been there for one year already and was so happy to see him. His friend looks completely normal and I have never seen him act anything but normal but I have never spent much time around him. Such varying degrees of autism. There are so many children right in this city with Downs Syndrome and yet no one seems to talk about it anymore.
 
The Old Medic
#20
This proves absolutely nothing. If in fact this decision was made by a master, it WILL be overturned.

And a Court Master is NOT the US Government, nor is it the vaccine manufacturer. Your title and your entire article are very misleading, as usual.
 
petros
#21
Quote:

I'd suggest that people not be so concerned about vaccines containing mercury, but what foods they eat that contain it.

Food dyes and dyes in general are incredibly poisonous. I can't go anywhere near yellow #5 and Red #40. If I had a handful of cinnamon hearts and an orange crush it would be lethal.
 
Stretch
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

That vaccine was "new" when my oldest son was of age for the shot. So both him and his brother have had it. Petros you are of that age - you must have had it and Ron too. Quite a number of you here are in the age bracket. I am pointing out the men simply because 4 times as many males develop autism than females yet I am sure that just as many girls got the shot as boys did. Autism was around long before that vaccine was developed. Probably focusing on that vaccine is the reason government refuses help to autistic children. If they begin to help them, people will then think they have been hiding the results of the shot and start to sue for no reason. Just because a little more autism became evident after that vaccine was introduced does not make it responsible for it. Look at the ads now regarding baby food itself. They are saying that baby food contains large amounts of salt and sugar and the implication is that this gets them used to salty sugary food leading to obesity as they grow older. My youngest son has had a weight problem all his life. I never fed him baby food. He never had excess sugar or salt. Shows me research is what any group wants it to be.


I truly understand being a concerned parent (grandparent). I'm sure you read all you can regarding autism and search desperately for the reason for it. I used to do the same thing regarding cerebral palsy. You can put your beliefs on paper but because it becomes too personal, I have to keep my beliefs regarding some reasons for CP to myself. In other words, without proof - don't open your mouth. But that's just in my household. Your search of other peoples proof will not bring you any satisfaction and the proof in that is that you continue to post and to discuss reasons for what your child has (or maybe it's just the children you work with and not your own). I'm sure you want to know but do you really believe that living it daily in the way of research is helping you or your child. You say you help autistic children everyday and good on you. Scaring people with speculation about any condition of this nature isn't helpful. Maybe asking other people what they are going through or if they know autistic children well and know how they react etc. etc. would be more what you are seeking. Beyond that, I see there are many areas they deal with helping the autisic child to cope and I think that should be where you focus since you are not in the field that deals with research of these types of things. My grandson goes to school with an autistic child. Next year, he will be in school with children with a variety of disabilities. Downs and autism being the most prevalent. When I took him there for his introduction to his new school there where several other kids in wheel chairs and I was glad that for once he would be with others that did not walk. I just found out a few days before school was out here, that all of the kids in wheelchairs graduated this year and again, he will be the only one. But - his autistic friend has been there for one year already and was so happy to see him. His friend looks completely normal and I have never seen him act anything but normal but I have never spent much time around him. Such varying degrees of autism. There are so many children right in this city with Downs Syndrome and yet no one seems to talk about it anymore.

I work with people with a disability every day, austism, CP, MS, ABI, Aspergers and yes, Im looking for answers every day.....I keep coming back to vaccines being the prime suspect......Quakers, Mennonites, Armish etc, who dont believe in vaccines have no autism history....go figure
 
L Gilbert
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

I work with people with a disability every day, austism, CP, MS, ABI, Aspergers and yes, Im looking for answers every day.....I keep coming back to vaccines being the prime suspect......Quakers, Mennonites, Armish etc, who dont believe in vaccines have no autism history....go figure

Then those people that are prone to autism should screen for what vaccines they get for their kids. Immunize the kids some other way or with something else. What's the big deal? It's certainly not a big enough deal to warrant 4 different threads on the same topic.
 
Stretch
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Then those people that are prone to autism should screen for what vaccines they get for their kids. Immunize the kids some other way or with something else. What's the big deal? It's certainly not a big enough deal to warrant 4 different threads on the same topic.

thats cool, can I ask one of the mods to remove this thread then please, I certainly dont want to upset mr gilbert
 
gerryh
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

thats cool, can I ask one of the mods to remove this thread then please, I certainly dont want to upset mr gilbert


|Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert seem to have a problem with multiple threads that don't happen to be their pet topic. If you hadn't noticed, not a damn word from either of them concerning multiple threads on the "happy birthday usa" theme.
 
L Gilbert
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

thats cool, can I ask one of the mods to remove this thread then please, I certainly dont want to upset mr gilbert

lol A better idea would be top ask a mod to amalgamate your threads.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

|Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert seem to have a problem with multiple threads that don't happen to be their pet topic. If you hadn't noticed, not a damn word from either of them concerning multiple threads on the "happy birthday usa" theme.

Multiple threads? I saw two threads mentioning it. One was specifically a happy b-day thread and the other was about history.
 

Similar Threads

0
H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccination
by whispergently | Aug 9th, 2009
9
Vaccines Killing Troops
by quandary121 | Aug 18th, 2008