1 dead, several others injured in a shooting at Saugus High School

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Why do you hate the Second Amendment, Boomster?

Nope not at all..

However, I think the process to purchases firearms in the USA should be more like Canada..

In Canada you must be trained, tested, have a thorough background check, be interviewed, have your character references interviewed, have your family notified and wait a minimum of 60 days.

To get the PAL, you have to pass a Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) which covers safe handling and storage of a firearm, firearm laws and usage.

I don't know if it will ever change in the USA, but at times I think the Canadian gun laws are far more superior to the USA.

So T-Bones what do you think the solution to gun violence in the USA is..

Also, in Canada the RCMP does daily background checks on licensed PAL holders. Source

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think the Second Amendment has become ridiculous. I am sure America's forefathers did not envision mentally unstable people using high powered rifles, to kill as many innocent people as possible.Very few outside the United States understand America's obsession with guns.
Um. . . kid used a handgun.

The very fact that you used the idiot press's favorite term, "high powered rifle," proves you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Here's a hint. . . a 5.56 x 45 mm ain't "high powered."

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Um. . . kid used a handgun.
The very fact that you used the idiot press's favorite term, "high powered rifle," proves you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Here's a hint. . . a 5.56 x 45 mm ain't "high powered."
You'd barely stop a hamster with one of those.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You'd barely stop a hamster with one of those.

I don't call anything under 7.62 x 63 mm (.30-06) "high powered."

And to get serious with "high power," you gotta be up in the range of the .444, the .45-70, or the .474.

I'm thinking about buying a .510 Kodiak Express, just wondering if it's worth $3000.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nope not at all..
However, I think the process to purchases firearms in the USA should be more like Canada..
In Canada you must be trained, tested, have a thorough background check, be interviewed, have your character references interviewed, have your family notified and wait a minimum of 60 days.
To get the PAL, you have to pass a Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) which covers safe handling and storage of a firearm, firearm laws and usage.
I don't know if it will ever change in the USA, but at times I think the Canadian gun laws are far more superior to the USA.
So T-Bones what do you think the solution to gun violence in the USA is..
Also, in Canada the RCMP does daily background checks on licensed PAL holders. Source
Or you go downtown anywhere and buy an illegal one for $500 no questions asked.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So T-Bones what do you think the solution to gun violence in the USA is.
I'd lay it out for you, but you wouldn't understand.

Like trying to explain spinor calculus to. . . well. . . a Canadian truck driver.

Why do you even care? It ain't like you're an American citizen.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I think the Second Amendment has become ridiculous. I am sure America's forefathers did not envision mentally unstable people using high powered rifles, to kill as many innocent people as possible.Very few outside the United States understand America's obsession with guns.
Why would you assume a 'false flag operation' is something that was born in the 20th century? Maybe the 'Pirates' were like 'ISIS' is in Syria for the EU Royals. A cash cow in military arms sold and used against a 'phantom enemy', the Holy Wars never got any further than Jerusalem and then they just went back home to create some civil wars where the Peasants are the ones doing the dying and getting billed for it.The arms industry has been active for longer than the USA has existed.

Using diseases in a war is also not something that was new when used in America against the Indians as the first shot in a war of extermination.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'd lay it out for you, but you wouldn't understand.
Like trying to explain spinor calculus to. . . well. . . a Canadian truck driver.
Why do you even care? It ain't like you're an American citizen.

Well just what I expect from T-Bone Spurs an ignorant answer from an ignorant troll.

Guess that's because you don't have a solution.. all talk Tantō..

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
There's only been one school shooting in the UK, the Dunblane Massacre of 13th March 1996 when 16 children and one teacher were killed. All the children were aged 5, except one, who was aged 6. The teacher was 45. Two-time Wimbledon winner Andy Murray was a pupil at the school at the time.

The incident led to the banning of handguns in Scotland, England and Wales.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I remember that. IIRC he went on the shooting rampage after his job was in jeopardy after being accused of acting inappropriate with some of the children.

He was accused of acting inappropriately with young boys when he was a Scout leader, which saw him kicked out of the Scouts in 1974.

Hamilton claimed in letters that rumours about him led to the failure of his shop business in 1993, and in the last months of his life he complained again that his attempts to organise a boys' club were subjected to persecution by local police and the scout movement.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Deadliest Mass Shootings in the United States since 1949:
1. Las Vegas, 2017 (semi-automatic rifle)
2. Orlando, 2016 (semi-automatic rifle)

3. Virginia Tech Shooting, 2007 (semi-automatic pistols)
4. Sandy Hook, 2012 (semi-automatic rifle)
5. Sutherland Springs Church, 2017 (semi-automatic rifle)

6. Luby's Shooting Texas, 1991 (semi-automatic pistols)
7. El Paso Walmart, 2019 (semi-automatic rifle)
8. McDonalds Massacre, 1984 (semi-automatic rifle, shotgun, etc)
9. Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting, 2018 (semi-automatic rifle)
10. University of Texas Tower Shooting, 1966 (rifles, shotgun, etc)

Every first world nation outside the USA considers American gun control laws insane. Why even bother to defend your 2nd Amendment. I am sure more people die by gun violence than every other Industrialized nation combined. I also noticed that 6 of the 10 deadliest US Shootings have come in the past decade,so if anything, gun violence is getting worse, not better.
Yep, as I said, you don't know the difference between "semi-auto" and "high powered."

Here's one for you. Did you know that all long guns put together account for less than 5% of the gun homicides in the U.S.?

And if Boomster had brains enough to pour piss out of a boot, he'd see that that simple fact implies one of the elements of reducing gun violence in the U.S.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There's only been one school shooting in the UK, the Dunblane Massacre of 13th March 1996 when 16 children and one teacher were killed. All the children were aged 5, except one, who was aged 6. The teacher was 45. Two-time Wimbledon winner Andy Murray was a pupil at the school at the time.
The incident led to the banning of handguns in Scotland, England and Wales.
Did that ban stop criminals from having handguns?