G- 7 : 2019

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Amazon fires: Merkel and Macron urge G7 to debate 'emergency'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-lati...global_bbccom_email_23082019_top+news+stories

Interesting that Donald does not want a to attend. He would rather see these gorps split up and deal with each nation separately........as he feels he can negotiate on a one to one better. He can also play his dirty game of one nation against another if they are separate. He CANNOT deal with a gorp effectively. He perceives it as THEM vs HIM. like all bullies.....he is very very insecure.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Considering the importance of the Amazon, the "leader" of Brazil is a moron to think no one else should be concerned for it.

As to his "we can't fight the fires" claim - fires of major size happen all over the world and often in times like that, firefighters from other countries volunteer to go help fight them (North American to Australia comes to mind). So really, all it would take is a "We need help" from this supposed "leader" to likely get it, considering his country's importance to the world.

But he won't, because he's much in line with those recent leader types who are all for themselves, F the world, F the country and if it's not good for me or to make me look good, I don't care.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Considering the importance of the Amazon, the "leader" of Brazil is a moron to think no one else should be concerned for it.
As to his "we can't fight the fires" claim - fires of major size happen all over the world and often in times like that, firefighters from other countries volunteer to go help fight them (North American to Australia comes to mind). So really, all it would take is a "We need help" from this supposed "leader" to likely get it, considering his country's importance to the world.
But he won't, because he's much in line with those recent leader types who are all for themselves, F the world, F the country and if it's not good for me or to make me look good, I don't care.
You're assuming you know the exact location of the fire. The Amazon is some pretty damn thick brush. Simply getting firefighters to the scene could be next to impossible. And water bombers while very helpful, only serve to assist the ground troops, you can't water bomb a wildfire out of existence.

Besides, our idiot PM did the exact same thing during the Alberta wildfires. "S'okay, we don't need any help. I'm hoping the oil patch burns anyway".

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Donald Trump and Boris Johnson to hold talks during G7 summit
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-heading-to-his-first-international-summit-as-pm-11792588
Two Alpha males.........should be intersecting.
I'm asking this not to be a smart ass so please don't take it that way but, are you dyslexic per chance? Was just wondering because you spelled group as "gorp" twice in your OP. Which makes it confusing when you say the Trump-Johnson meeting should be "intersecting" as to whether that was another "typo" or clever word play.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You're assuming you know the exact location of the fire. The Amazon is some pretty damn thick brush.

Satellite is a wonderful tool to help pinpoint things. Plus, aircraft water bombers.

Simply getting firefighters to the scene could be next to impossible.

That much is true, yes. Experts would have to discuss how to tackle that entire area. So far there's no hint that there's any attack plan, or any fire fighting what so ever.

And water bombers while very helpful, only serve to assist the ground troops, you can't water bomb a wildfire out of existence.

Again, true. Which is the point of Brazil's leader to ask for help, which he is not doing.

Besides, our idiot PM did the exact same thing during the Alberta wildfires. "S'okay, we don't need any help. I'm hoping the oil patch burns anyway".

Where did he say that wild fires are okay?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Satellite is a wonderful tool to help pinpoint things. Plus, aircraft water bombers.
That much is true, yes. Experts would have to discuss how to tackle that entire area. So far there's no hint that there's any attack plan, or any fire fighting what so ever.
Again, true. Which is the point of Brazil's leader to ask for help, which he is not doing.
Where did he say that wild fires are okay?
He didn't. I was surmising Groper's apparent attitude towards it all.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Okay, where did he have the attitude that the wildfires of Alberta were okay?
Go look up the definition of 'surmise' and then get back to me.

Northern Alberta burns, the oil patch is at risk and 10s of thousands of people were left homeless. What's Groper do? Refuses international assistance that was freely offered and spends over $1.5 billion on Syrian "refugees" while "pledging" to merely match Red Cross donations for the affected Albertans. Even shortly after the fires he didn't go and see the Canadian refugees to assure them that the govt had their back, because it didn't. Instead he preferred to act like a fruit cake at this Pride parade and that Pride parade. While never missing an opportunity for a photo op at Pride events or welcoming the Syrian "refugees".

Quite frankly, he didn't care about Alberta. THAT is what I meant by it was okay. It didn't give him the opportunity to virtue signal to the world about how welcoming, accepting and tolerant he is (unless you disagree with him) while the Syrians and Pride did.
Quite frankly, Groper doesn't care about any part of Canada that isn't within the confines of the Quebec border.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Go look up the definition of 'surmise' and then get back to me.

Northern Alberta burns, the oil patch is at risk and 10s of thousands of people were left homeless. What's Groper do? Refuses international assistance that was freely offered and spends over $1.5 billion on Syrian "refugees" while "pledging" to merely match Red Cross donations for the affected Albertans. Even shortly after the fires he didn't go and see the Canadian refugees to assure them that the govt had their back, because it didn't. Instead he preferred to act like a fruit cake at this Pride parade and that Pride parade. While never missing an opportunity for a photo op at Pride events or welcoming the Syrian "refugees".

Quite frankly, he didn't care about Alberta. THAT is what I meant by it was okay. It didn't give him the opportunity to virtue signal to the world about how welcoming, accepting and tolerant he is (unless you disagree with him) while the Syrians and Pride did.
Quite frankly, Groper doesn't care about any part of Canada that isn't within the confines of the Quebec border.

Where did Trudeau have this lack of empathy at? When? Which fires? There's been a lot of them out there lately and I'd like to read up on the responses, so I'd like to know which ones to look for. In all seriousness.

Because if you're right, then this is another 'wrong' he's done to the list of wrong.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

G-7 leaders hope for quiet summit amid worries about Trump

As economic and political head winds gather across the globe, leaders of the world��s Group of 7 nations are bracing themselves for a different kind of turbulent force: President Trump.
By Toluse Olorunnipa, Damian Paletta, Josh Dawsey and Michael Birnbaum �� Read more ��

sourtce WAPO

When a group of world leaders are concerned about Trumps erratic , (crazy) behaviour........there is a big problem. There is no way the US (Trump) is a world leader now...........Trump's US simply does not have it. to do the job properly.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

G-7 leaders hope for quiet summit amid worries about Trump

As economic and political head winds gather across the globe, leaders of the world��s Group of 7 nations are bracing themselves for a different kind of turbulent force: President Trump.
By Toluse Olorunnipa, Damian Paletta, Josh Dawsey and Michael Birnbaum �� Read more ��
sourtce WAPO
When a group of world leaders are concerned about Trumps erratic , (crazy) behaviour........there is a big problem. There is no way the US (Trump) is a world leader now...........Trump's US simply does not have it. to do the job properly.
Yer head explodes a few times a day over Trump. Delicious.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yer head explodes a few times a day over Trump. Delicious.

Anyone with any common sense should be worried over Trump, considering what his position of power is. Considering Trump's erratic behavior (and likely mental issues like possible early onset dementia? Alzheimer's? My mom - a nurse - has thought for a while he shows symptoms of these, plus his narcissistic behavior), the leaders of the allies of the US need to wonder just what he could drag them into. Plus, he's not really a well versed man verbally.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Why shouldn’t Brazilians burn down trees?

The Western hysteria over the rainforest fires is riddled with colonial arrogance.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/08/23/why-shouldnt-brazilians-burn-down-trees/

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why are Italy and Canada part of the G7?

And why are China and India not part of it?